MySiFeng:

Xiang Liu theme song now sounds like a funeral song.

What app is this ? omg

https://x.com/aleen__leen/status/1728319428943925464?s=46&t=zCzv4S_wiFxnhBXFcufNag

This sounds like Outlander Lost You Forever hahaha

Scottish Xiang Liu... with a kilt.

I may need to go to the Highlands :D

nathsketch:

I need to start that but is it really that terrible? 

It's a mixed bag, for sure.  Tan's Prince Zhou is awesome whenever he's on the screen, of course.  The court intrigue going on between the royal princes was interesting to me, and the actors playing the 3 main princes were great!  The FL was such a stick, however, and very much holier than thou to everyone, including her main romance (Xu Kai), that I found her ... unlikeable.  Yet, somehow, this woman ends up with everyone after her!  Tan's Prince Zhou, Xu Kai, another guy who was a child hood romance / fiancee, and the horrible awful rapist prince are all trying to win her affection.

They really had way too many story lines going on too, on top of the main court palace / historical stuff -- with like 7 or 8 couples / triangles?  And Tan's Prince Zhou doesn't even a secondary love interest, like some of the others.  SMH

In the last quarter of the movie, everything goes to hell.  It's like they realized they only had like ten episodes to wrap up these multiple story lines, and it got butchered and the editing is horrible.  Like, I think Prince Zhou was supposed to have a much bigger role, cause his mom was heavily involved in the last plotline, but he's barely there, and it's confusing when he is.

And then there's the really awful misogynistic messaging with two of the side couples.

I think there's like a 2 or 3 hour clip show of Tan Jian's parts.  You could always just watch that.

Elise:
I was thinking of watching this for TJC but I'll pass. I don't want to see TJC's character get rejected :'(

Sorry.  This happens repeatedly.  It's very amusing to watch his character's arrogance deal with it, though.

nathsketch:

I want to watch it because I sort of made a promise that I would watch every single thing he's ever been in, heh. It's painful but it's worth it. :)

Yes, even LYF. I'll have to finish it. Eventually.

YES.  LYF.  Bring the tissue!

Kokuto:

Trailer for next week's Hello Saturday episode with Tan Jian Ci and I believe Li Ze Feng, his Court Lady and Shine Super Brothers, oh, and Winter Begonia co-star.  Some English sub.

https://x.com/tan_jianci05/status/1728393926871048627?s=20

I LOVE that black and silver braid jacket he's wearing.

I hope this gets fully subbed.

One of the hosts: If Da Ge and 2 of your good friends also liked the same girl, how will you pick?

Another host: It's the story of "Lost You Forever" isn't it?

They hid TJC's answer T_T

I bought something really pretty today. I may have screamed and spooked some people.

Do you want to see it?

nathsketch:

Really? Which co-star? Oh! I need to finish that btw. It's been on my watchlist for far too long :/

I don't remember him in the episodes of Winter Begonia I watched.  He's supposed to be:  Du Luo Cheng [Seventh young master / Librettist] .  Oh wait.  Found a pic.  He's this guy, in the middle, with the lighter colored clothes and black turtle neck.  He was great in Court Lady as the crown prince.

nathsketch:

I bought something really pretty today. I may have screamed and spooked some people.

Do you want to see it? 

Of course!  Something to scream over?  Heck yeah!

Elise:

I hope this gets fully subbed.

One of the hosts: If Da Ge and 2 of your good friends also liked the same girl, how will you pick?

Another host: It's the story of "Lost You Forever" isn't it?

They hid TJC's answer T_T

I finally figured out they hid it, after playing that section repeatedly!  lol

Here's the translation of his choices.  Decisions, decisions.

Kokuto:

I don't remember him in the episodes of Winter Begonia I watched.  He's supposed to be:  Du Luo Cheng [Seventh young master / Librettist] .  Oh wait.  Found a pic.  He's this guy, in the middle, with the lighter colored clothes and black turtle neck.  He was great in Court Lady as the crown prince.

Oh! Him! 

No, he's really important! Pfff this just shows how much attention I was paying to the other characters hahaha

I only know the two main dudes and...you know.

Kokuto:

Of course!  Something to scream over?  Heck yeah!

I entered the store and it was calling me. It was the last one. So it must have been waiting for me hahah

It's so very Valentino *sobs*

MySiFeng:

Xiang Liu theme song now sounds like a funeral song.

What app is this ? omg

https://x.com/aleen__leen/status/1728319428943925464?s=46&t=zCzv4S_wiFxnhBXFcufNag

It's already terrible sad, why make it sound like that?

Elise:
LOL this sounds horrible!!

YES.  Agreed.  A crime against my ears.

HeadInTheClouds:
They're using an instrument called the Funeral Oboe. As the name suggests, it's used in funeral. Nothing sounds good with that instrument :-).

They play this at funerals???

nathsketch:

This sounds like Outlander Lost You Forever hahaha

Scottish Xiang Liu... with a kilt.

I may need to go to the Highlands :D

Oh nooo!  Bagpipes sound great.  This is just ... NO.

Yes, a visit to Scotland and the Highlands is always a good thing.

XL in a kilt ... I'll have to think about this.  Tan Jian Ci in a kilt ... I'm sure he could pull it off.  Especially if he has the beret with the long feather in it.  Oh, and a military jacket like the one he was wearing in that Hello Saturday clip ... with a little less flash.

nathsketch:

It's so very Valentino *sobs*

OMG!  That's gorgeous!  I love it!  Definitely worth screaming over.

Kokuto:

OMG!  That's gorgeous!  I love it!  Definitely worth screaming over.

I know, right? When I saw it my heart stopped, I broke a heel and I made a scene hahahahaha

nathsketch:

I know, right? When I saw it my heart stopped, I broke a heel and I made a scene hahahahaha

Oh no!  Broke a heel?  Making a scene over this bit of gorgeousness is appropriate. 

I already have so much shell-shaped stuff in my apartment that people will think I'm opening a beach resort. Whatever.

But SpongeBob is not allowed here.