DON'T SPOIL THIS FOR ME!!

I just started this and it's so depressing yet intriguing to watch... 

But I just want to know if this has a satisfying ending or not. A reply of yes or no will suffice- thank you.

Yes, most viewers were satisfied.

Yes and no .... this is Complex question to reply with yes or no 

I just finished this and it depends on your definition of satisfaction. For me it is a yes, I’m at peace with the ending but will I watch it again? No. 

colay17:

I just finished this and it depends on your definition of satisfaction. For me it is a yes, I’m at peace with the ending but will I watch it again? No. 

It's probably the best ending a show like this could get given the premise as well as the controversies in South Korea related to it. 

It's a happy ending that requires the audience to pick up on clues and hints to basically come to the conclusion that Park Dong Hoon "marriage" is practically done and the ending gives us a glimpse for the new beginning for Park Dong Hoon and Lee Ji An's relationship. 

I think people at https://givemeslippers.wordpress.com/ have written a lot about the ending and why the ending is ultimately brilliant once you start to think about all the little things that the director/writer wanted to convey but couldn't do so in a straight manner due to controveries. 

NausicaaOfValley:

It's probably the best ending a show like this could get given the premise as well as the controversies in South Korea related to it. 

It's a happy ending that requires the audience to pick up on clues and hints to basically come to the conclusion that Park Dong Hoon "marriage" is practically done and the ending gives us a glimpse for the new beginning for Park Dong Hoon and Lee Ji An's relationship. 

I think people at https://givemeslippers.wordpress.com/ have written a lot about the ending and why the ending is ultimately brilliant once you start to think about all the little things that the director/writer wanted to convey but couldn't do so in a straight manner due to controveries. 

I hope by “relationship”  you didn’t mean a romantic one because if that’s the case I totally missed it. I agree that it is a new beginning for both their lives, one that I hope would be a more joyful one because they deserve it. I didn’t really look too deep into the controversies that may (or may not) surround the ending, I was just happy that they chose to get out of their respective  miserable pits because... they have the ability to.  

colay17:
I hope by “relationship”  you didn’t mean a romantic one because if that’s the case I totally missed it.

Kind of but not really. 

The relationship between them isn't really "romantic" or "sexual" in nature. 

The best way I can describe it would be "soul-mates" as the story of My Mister is  a "love story" between them but not really in the way that is typical or common when talking about similar stories or the tropes in them. 

colay17:
. I didn’t really look too deep into the controversies that may (or may not) surround the ending,

The show, right when it was announced, was controversial which lead to the writer/director making lots of changes to the overall approach of the story hence why it's missing traditional elements that K-dramas tend to have when it comes to characters relationship. 

An reddit user by the name elbenne of said this which is my point but said in a much better way:

>I'm glad that it was platonic because, if it hadn't been, there would have been audience members screaming so loud that it would have tarnished the reputation of an incredible drama and diminished it's success. It felt, at the time, that people were soooo ready to get outraged. They were poised for it. Some even started to complain in advance ... and so it was just lovely they weren't given the chance.

>There are so many degrees of love and reasons for love that are all real and life affirming, that it's kind of annoying that there is so much conditioning and media push to consider that relationships are sexual or not.

>They were two really decent people who were drawn to each other and into a very multilayered and subtle relationship that included admiration, respect, a little awe, attraction, surprise, empathy, understanding, shared circumstances, shared pain, shared joy, shared humanity, emotional intimacy ... And it helped to save both their lives so that they could recover themselves and live happier, healthier lives.

>Such a well written relationship. So brilliant.

Here is a link to a discussion around their relationship:
https://www.reddit.com/r/KDRAMA/comments/k3w2ea/fans_of_my_mister_what_did_you_think_about_jian/ge5ysnh/

I am not sure if I was the only one, but I was crying at the end. I didn't know why until I realized I was happy crying. I also finally understood what Dong Hoon and Ji Ahn relationship was and was happy for both of them! They loved one another and not in a romantic way, maybe in the future but as friends. I am really glad I took a chance with drama, as it has changed my life. I am currently rewatching it because I need some wisdom.