What's a great movie, series you've come across you'd like to share..?

Some that are memorable..

Movies.. Signal (2014) or Eurpoa Report (2013)..  Both slow burning mystery thriller Sci_fis that don't disappoint, great plot twists.

Tv Series.. The Expanse.. so far the best space si-fi series I've come across.

Electric Dreams is a collection of interesting short stories worth watching too.

The TV series that I've particularly enjoyed include Star Gate SG-1, Lexx, The Twilight Zone (I'm excited for the new one!), The Outer Limits, Black Mirror, Akta Manniskor, Firefly,  Stranger Things, and Doctor Who.

As far as movies Metropolis (the og scifi, watch it if you haven't), Moon, Videodrome, Existenz, Coherence, Timecrimes, The Endless (and it's prequel Resolution), Primer, Galaxy Quest, Donnie Darko, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (I'm also excited for the 2nd sequel that's been confirmed), They Live. 

I'm sure I could list more but I'll stop there. I've tried both The Expanse and Altered Carbon but I didn't like either of them very much. My goal for the foreseeable future is to watch more classic scifi films from the 50s and 60s.

@Somne thanks for your reply, I like a lot of the shows and movies that you listed.

Twilight Zone and Outer limits are in a class of their own you'll never find a bad show there they're all so good and captivating. The original Sci-Fi.

Firefly,  Black Mirror and Stranger Things are on my favorite list, wish they continued Firefly a little more though.  Dr Who is certainly in a class of it's own too :)

The movie list is great too seen most of them apart from Primer, The Endless and Existenz will def check them out.

As I consider The Expanse to be on top end of my list think ill check out Altered Carbon,  I might like it thanks for the mention!

PS; we may have missed talking about the ultimate sci-fis the Star Treks (I'm a Trekkie), my favourite series is Voyager.  I like all the others too just find this one's continued story line, humour, crew stories, and wider variety of species to be a little more interesting. Discovery is a whole new contender it's definitely got my attention love it so far.

Here are some of my favorite non-Asian sci-fi movies:

Metropolis (1927)
La jetee (1962)
Solaris (1971)
World on a Wire (1973)
Tomorrow I'll Wake Up and Scald Myself with Tea  (1977)
Time Masters (1982)
Sexmission (1984)

I haven't watched a lot of non-Asian TV shows, but I like Firefly (2002) and The Prisoner (1967).  I've watched a few random episodes of Star Trek: The Original Series, which I liked, but I haven't gotten around to watching the entire series.

If you enjoy Stranger Things and time travel elements, Dark is a really good German show that's on Netflix. It's 10 episodes and has a second season coming this June. 

The show is really good and well made. It's often compared to Stranger Things but its a bit... Darker. It has a few of the same elements such as focusing on characters of different ages, missing kids, and being set in the 80s but other than these its pretty different. 

I highly, highly recommend it.

@mjf314  Thanks for your recommendations, I've read of most of these movies but never got around to watching them.  They're not easily available but I'm sure a little digging around will work. I saw the 2002 Solaris but always heard the original was really worth checking out, plan to do so. 

I find the older Sci-fis a little more thought provoking they kinda leave a lasting impression, thanks for your list!

@Origamy  Thanks for your recommendation, hadn't heard of Dark before just looked it up and seems pretty intriguing. Will be checking it out! :) 

“PS; we may have missed talking about the ultimate sci-fis the Star Treks (I'm a Trekkie), my favourite series is Voyager.“ 

Actually I didn’t mention Star Trek since I hesitate to call it a favorite. I feel like I haven’t seen enough of any of the series, but I do like The Next Generation a lot since I watched reruns of it as a kid. I feel the same about the X-Files. I like it a lot but I think I’ve only seen a few seasons total.

Also the new Twilight Zone starts tonight! I’m sure you can’t tell that I’m excited about it since I’ve mentioned it twice now XD

do you have a letterboxd or sth to show your list of movies?

im not sure if you've watched any of these movies

mindbending sci-fi movies with philosophical undertone:coherence,annihilation,moon,under the skin,primer,12 monkeys,world on a wire,cloud atlas

melodramatic sci-fi movies: melancholia, never let me go,upstream color,gattaca,mr.nobody