As Finland is celebrating its 100th Independence Day today I thought it would be nice to share songs from Finland - sung in Finnish of course. But it's not fun to share all of them to my feeds because I don't really listen to music other than Korean, Japanese etc. For me non-Asian music is usually something I listen while I'm driving or am at public places and I can't choose the music they plays.

Anyhow let's share music from our own countries - preferably sung in the mother language. It's always nice to hear songs from other countries and obviously promote your own countries as well :Dd

I'll start with few songs from Finland that I know are popular.

MIKAEL GABRIEL - Riippumatto (would translate to "hammock"

ROBIN - Hula Hula

Vilma Alina, Nelli Matula, Ida Paul & Sini Yasemin - Tyynysotaa (would translate to "pillow fight" and yes they all sounds the same. I actually thought there's only one singer in this song :'Ddd)

VALVOMO - Mikä kesä? (would translate to "what summer?" This is a song I used to listen 11 years ago :Ddd)

I think it’s a great idea! I personally love the last one. I never listened to Finnish songs but it’s actually great :)

I’m french, and this is a few of my most played songs of the moment 

Orelsan - tout va bien (

Bigflo & Oli - Dommage 

Noir Désir - Le vent nous portera (this is an oldie, but I really love it) 

Charles Aznavour - La bohème  (This is a classic) 

Téléphone - ça (c’est vraiment toi) : this one is kinda old, but I wanted to put a variety of music. This is more rock n’roll 

I put different sortes of music. Nowadays, rap is very very very popular in France. I personally prefer other types of music haha. If you want someone to translate the lyrics, feel free to ask! 

I will start with the biggest benger and song which shake with whole Slovakia.

Second will be (G)old.

SIMA - Femina (Start at 0:30)

And last will be one of the best rapper in Slovakia:

Title is: I do what i like (Start at 0:30)

I send you some of the most listened ones, not my interest though.  from TURKEY :)

Philippines best selling artist, our queen, asia's songbird - Regine Velasquez

Here's my gratuitous contribution in representation of Singapore: 如燕 (Ru Yan) by Olivia Ong. This one is fitting for MDL even, because it's a popular song from the OST of one of our (supposedly popular) local drama (which shall not be named because I disliked it) - nevertheless, this song is super beautiful. :D 

At least this is a personal favourite~.

Music from Singapore :) 

We speak mostly English in Singapore. But we do speak other languages too. E.g. Mandarin/Chinese, Malay and Tamil/Indian. The songs I am recommending, are in English and Mandarin. This is because, I am Chinese. Maybe other Singaporeans, can recommend some Malay and Tamil songs.

Derrick Hoh (Fake)

Derrick Hoh (When I Knew You Were in Love)

Gentle Bones (Save Me)

Gentle Bones (Settle Down)

JJ Lin (Checkmate) ft. Yonghwa of CNBLUE

JJ Lin (Twilight)

Sam Willows (For Love)

Sam Willows (Take Heart)

Stefanie Sun (Cloudy Day, The Happiness That I Want, Green Light)

Special

Gen Neo (The Airport's 1030 by David Tao) ft. Henry

Gen Neo has written a lot of songs for Henry. He has also written some of Super Junior's Mandarin songs.

Brazilian music! Actually these are my taste rather than the ones that really makes success nowadays (these are somewhat old but were successful once). There are plenty of others but it would take a lot of space.

Pitty - Admiravél Chip Novo (which translates to something like Admirable New Chip)

Maria Gadu - Shimbalaiê (there's no translation lol)

Strike - Paraíso Proibido (translates as Forbidden Paradise)

Adriana Calcanhoto - Fico Assim Sem Você (Translates as something like I Feel Like This Without You)

The interesting about the first song is that the singer sing it with one breath, he is a traditional singer:

From Iran

I am from the U.S. but my ethnicity is Vietnamese so I will recommend Vietnamese songs I really love! :) Vietnamese music are mainly ballads and love songs (very poetic too!) and it has only been in recent years that the music industry has shifted to more pop and western like sounds (as opposed to the traditional music). There are some strong influences of K-pop in V-pop as well.

Em Gai Mua by Huong Tram (literal translation: "little sister rain"; basically the girl met a guy in the rain and questions their relationship as he only sees her as a little sister)

Em Da Biet by Suni Ha Linh (literal translation: "I already know")

Yeu 5 by Rhymastic (literal translation: "love 5")

Ghen by Eric (MONSTAR) and Min (literal translation: "jealous")

Phia Sau Mot Co Gai ("Behind That Girl")  by Soobin Hoang Son 

LALALA by Soobin Hoang Son

Ke Cap Trai Tim by UNI5 (translation....something heart???)

Sau Tat Ca ("After All") by Erik (MONSTAR) 

Kem Duyen by Rum and Nit with Masew (does the beat/instrumentals) (doesn't know how to translate the title with my limited Vietnamese knowledge lol)

Lang (Mua Thu Di Qua) by JSOL (literal translation: "quiet (autumn goes by)")

Tinh Yeu Cham Tre by MONSTAR (literal translation: "love is delayed/love is slowly late")

Neu Mai Chia Tay by MONSTAR (If We Tomorrow)

Anh Ghet Em by Juun Dang Dung and Rtee (I Hate You)

Giu Lay Lam Gi by MONSTAR (Why Hold On?)

https://youtu.be/0WtRNGubWGA ( this is our Holi anthem ! )

https://youtu.be/vK5E_aeBGYA

https://youtu.be/k4yXQkG2s1E (Kala chashma = black glasses :p)

https://youtu.be/bUTdUaVmj8o

https://youtu.be/6SGRn9OHtFY 

These are some of the songs that I would recommend from my country

Btw....I'm from India:p

from France, it's old but 

Alain Souchon

First, happy independence day! (Even it's been a while :D) 

And this is a cool idea^^

These are from Turkey and the ones that I also like, not so popular (not pop songs lol) yet loved by a lot of people^^ Slow music mostly, except last one. I prefer rock but that's not so good in Turkey^^ And these are good mostly because of the lyrics but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Toygar Işıklı - Hayat Gibi (Just Like Life Itself)

Teoman - Bana Öyle Bakma (Don't Stare At Me Like That)

Zakkum - Ben Ne Yangınlar Gördüm (I've Seen Such Fires)

Mehmet Bilmez - Herkes Aynı Hayatta (Everbody is the Same In This Life)

Pera - Sensiz Ben (Me Without You)

Barış Akarsu - Islak Islak (Tearful, literal translation would be "wet" but  it's about eyes)

He has died at age 27, ten years ago. Powerful voice, beautiful smile, good soul...

He was someone to use his music for giving messages also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lws5Tkk-E4Q

wow, all good but  really loved that one

Aisha :
Toygar Işıklı - Hayat Gibi (Just Like Life Itself)