When I first started watching this show, I was very put out with the way the FL was being portrayed.  As someone who was literally worthless because she was overweight.  And not even just that, but also someone who it was expected that you would look down on.  She, herself, was as bad about this as everyone else around her.  So, she tries to take her own life...but fails to do so.

Then, her whole being seems to revolve around living well (now that she has the magic perfume) and THEN killing herself when it runs out.  That is also VERY disturbing.

However, I didn't drop the show because I'm curious how they will resolve her issue.  They seem like they are going to have her see her worth as a human being, but I'm not certain yet what they are going to do.  So for me, as a woman who has struggled with her weight for her entire life, I am not as interested in the side characters, romances or anything else with this show.  I'm mostly interested in how they are going treat the "real" FL and how her story is unfolded and resolved.  I'm hoping she sees herself as the important human she is by the end of the series, and while it would be nice if she is able to lose weight for health reasons, I don't want that to be the reason she ends up liking herself...or the reason that others like her.

The Show is not quite half way over...we shall see.

I whole-heartedly agree. I'm really just in it to see what they do with her full figure. I 90% expect for them to have her trim down but I hope it isn't just so she and yi do like her 

I agree that the beginning episodes were hard to get through because of the way that Jae Hee was being portrayed however I think the writers have done a great job with the latest episodes (13 & 14) at showing what she truly cares about, which is having a good relationship with her daughter and pursuing her dream. To me it already seems like she is becoming more confident when she transforms, like when she was in the elevator and didn't get out and also when she just stood up for her daughter in the clothing store. I'm hoping that we see her learn to love herself without the perfume and as a bonus, Yi Do falling for her true self (since I'm pretty sure she is his childhood love). We already can see that Yi Do is not a superficial or selfish person like he was portrayed in the beginning. I'm excited to see where the story goes!

i dont believe when she says she only has 6 mos to live she means she is going to kill herself (or try again), she means she will disappear becuz the thin person will be no more and she wont be able to be a model and so on....so she will go back to her other life.   While she is thin she is playing around doing stuff that she feels she cant do when she's overweight....her dream of walking down a runways as a top model being one of them.

My question is what your title to this topic is....it feels like this show is ready to wrap up and yet we arent even half way thru.    So i wonder where's this going for 18 more eps.   

I'm pretty it was said in the drama that when she uses the whole perfume she will die. Now, we can think about it in many different ways:

1. She will literally die.  This most likely will not happen. 
  2. The "ideal" ver. of her will die, since she will use all the perfume and will have to go back to being her "old self".
  3. Her old self will die, she won't be able to go back: stay in the skinny body. 

For me it's either 2nd or 3rd possibility, and knowing Korean, most likely 3rd one. Like, she will at the end love herself and accept herself as she is an as an "award" she will be granted 2nd life and that young and skinny body. Tho I hope they will let her go back to her old self and she will end ep with ML this way, 

I am hoping she will be her "old self" in the end.  I do think they are going to slim her down some, but the actress they are using isn't actually a skinny person.  She is a plus size lady.  That said, I could definitely see E Do going full Coach-Nim from Oh My Venus and helping her get in better shape so they can live a long life together.   Either way, I do feel like she is slowly getting to love herself again.  Afterall, even though she was skinny and young, she was still feeling worthless.  Those feelings clearly went deeper than her weight. 

It was definitely not said that if she used up the perfume she will die. What was shown was her own speculation that such a powerful miracle would come at a great price, and the speculated that when it is used up she will literally die. Not that she will suicide but all due to the perfume's spell. However, it was all totally her own speculation only.

Tokuluku:

It was definitely not said that if she used up the perfume she will die. What was shown was her own speculation that such a powerful miracle would come at a great price, and the speculated that when it is used up she will literally die. Not that she will suicide but all due to the perfume's spell. However, it was all totally her own speculation only.

I know she speculates it but I thought her basis came from the bottom of the container (ep 3, 27:12) where it looks like it says 죽음 (death).

I assumed this caused her to think it might lead to death: 죽음을 맞아 게된다?

Herman:

I know she speculates it but I thought her basis came from the bottom of the container (ep 3, 27:12) where it looks like it says 죽음 (death).

I assumed this caused her to think it might lead to death: 죽음을 맞아 게된다?

Well now we know as of ep 30 what the bottle actually says.