So I'm a bit late to the party but I recently finished this.

I wondered if anyone else really wished the ending had been different? Personally I would have liked to see Sunny & Eun Tak become Grim Reapers somehow; so they could all be happy for all of eternity doing their jobs & being together. 

How else do you see this ending or are you happy with things as they are?
Sunny and Eun Tak couldn´t possible become Grim Reapers since they said in the show that you need to commit suicide to become a Grim Reaper. 

But for me I would have liked an ending where Kim Shin died and could finally rest in peace.
When Eun Tak asked Kim Shin if he was a ghost who kept following her around, I thought, omg that might've been a great idea, giving them a more angsty reunion. I was slightly expecting that the ending would be Kim Shin would finally resting in peace, with Wang Yeo as the Grim Reaper to send him off, and in another life would meet Eun Tak's soul again, and live a better and happier life.
I agree to the statement of Kanha. I would have liked it more if "Kim Shin died and could finally rest in peace".

It would have been more dramatic and emotional. And I felt like the story got lost because it turned out like that. The whole story was build up around his salvation. It was not set to have a love happy ending. It ended as it started. He is alone powerful and immortal.

But even so I didn't like she find him 20 years later after she got reborn... why not meet again in next life like Sunny and Eun Tak. Their end was perfectly (for me)

Although I loved this show and was freaking out at the mere thought of getting to the end...when I finally got there I felt a little let down.  It left me with so many questions.

So if the sword was meant to kill Park Joong Won all of this time but Kim Shin didn't know he was a ghost so how was that possible?

I thought that after the sword was pulled out he would no longer be a goblin.  Was surprised to see that everything minus the sword was the same.  The basis was after the sword removal he would have turned to ashes so he can rest in peace.  Where he ended up looked nothing like peace to me.  

What was the point of allowing him to die if by using the contract he was allowed to come back to life with everything still in tact?

So she dies but gets reincarnated with memory of her old life?  I thought according to the other episodes, they don't usually remember their old lives.  If that was the case, why didn't the grim reaper and Sunny remember anything about their past lives?

Sunny dies after thirty years and looks exactly the same while everyone else aged?

I was hoping that when she had died, her mom would have been on the other side of the door waiting for her.  I thought that would have been nice to see.

So Eun Tak is on her second life and Kim Shin is still immortal which means that eventually after all fours of her lives, he will be alone again.  Where is the happy ending in that?

There was no need to bring back the aunt even if she was dead.  She served no purpose at this point.

I am probably overthinking way too much but I really did love this show and absolutely in love with Gong  Yoo...as you can see from my profile pic.   Now I am watching Train to Busan. YAY!!

I felt that the whole story sort of broke with the last half hour.  I also always wondered about what would happen to Kim Shin once Eun Tak was on her final life.  Would he ever be able to rest in peace?

@Wravyn

Just my point of view...

Being that he is immortal and the sword now removed...he would just continue to live his life the way he has been prior to meeting Eun Tak.  Only difference is he will be missing his love for eternity.  There is nothing happy about this at all in my mind.  He should have just died when she removed the sword.

Gina911:

@Wravyn

Just my point of view...

Being that he is immortal and the sword now removed...he would just continue to live his life the way he has been prior to meeting Eun Tak.  Only difference is he will be missing his love for eternity.  There is nothing happy about this at all in my mind.  He should have just died when she removed the sword.

Which defeats the entire purpose of the show.  If he would have died because his life was now connected to Eun Tak, it would have made more sense.  Another 900 years watching the world go by seems horrible.

I agree with you. It is like his punishment never really ended.   Although I never really understood why he was being punished to begin with.   I was a bit disappointed with the ending. 

The punishment I kind of understand, he let his pride get in the way and because of it, his men and sister were killed.

I would have liked it that way: after he came back because of the contract he is human and lives his life with Eun Tak and then finally dies after a normal life span with her? :))

Anyone can tell me the ending? Spoiler plz

I am going to see this

Well, first off, he sort of dies, then they spend ten years apart (of course, while technology is identical to the technology right now), she doesn't remember him, but he remembers her.  She finally remembers him, they get married.  They're married for about a week or so.  She's driving, and she sees a truck's brake malfunctioned and is heading toward a bus full of kids so she drives to intercept the truck and dies.  She refuses to take the potion of forgetfulness, promising that in her next life, she'll be with Goblin again.  Twenty more years pass, and she's reincarnated and promises to spend the rest of her lives with him.  The entire idea was that she would be able to kill him and set him free, but she's already freed him so he's going to keep living long after all of her reincarnations die.

Many many thanks......now I understand it all.

wravyn:
Twenty more years pass, and she's reincarnated and promises to spend the rest of her lives with him.

One more question plz. Was she able to fulfill her promise?

It just shows the first of her next three lives, and still he doesn't have a way to die, so if she lives to be a hundred each life he will still be without her in the end, with several years between the incarnations.