I wrote a similar post but I was not clear and people were confused. I like it where men are the obsessive lover type. The yanderish. Because when a woman becomes a yandere; it looks awful to me. 
I also want dramas without the genres: historical or comedy.  I saw the first episode of Que sera sera. It was close but it was too funny to be taken seriously.
I recently finished the Drama: "Missing You." The genre was was not historical or had comedy. Yeah it had a few jokes here and there but not enough to fill the genre role.
I saw obsessed the movie, chuno, boys over flowers, summer's desire,  the greatest love, a thousand years of love.
I also looked up Que Sera Sera , Empress Ki , Sealed with a Kiss, Song of the Desert .Loving, Never Forgetting .Meteor Garden, and cruel romance. I am thinking on those. But nothing so far. 
It does not have to be a drama. A movie is fine and as long as it is Asian. No western movies or series. I had enough of the way they sexualize women and have bad and stupid plots and bad acting. 
Cruel Romance, Too Late to Say I Love You, Lady&Liar. It's not technically historical but set in the early 1900s. They obviously have different costume styles to fit the period but they are not Pienfu style (traditional Chinese dress).

I also like this element but it's pretty hard to find. I think you would have more success looking for it in thai dramas.
Instead of Meteor Garden I think you should try the Japanese version Hana Yori Dango
Memories From Bali (whole lots of obsessions going all around)
Uncontrollably Fond
Cheese In The Trap
Delightful Girl Choon Hyang (if I remember correctly the 2nd male character but I'm not sure since it's been so long since I watched it)
Falling For Innocence
Kill Me Heal Me
My Love Eun Dong
Noble, My Love

These are historical but also have some obsession:
Queen Seon Duk
Scarlet Heart or Palace (it's about the same characters but different dramas. I liked Scarlet Heart more)
The Imperial Doctres (not full mode, they kept it in check but the 2nd male character went a little off the rails and not in a good way)
The ones that immediately came to mind are Cruel Romance (but you already looked it up), and Lady and the Liar. Both kinda have the same vibe and set in the same period(not really historical). Male leads do everything to get the girl.

If you like the second male lead in Missing You, maybe check out Secret (korean, starring Ji Sung and Hwang Jung Eum). The guy is definitely obsessed, but in the unhealthy, destructive, jerkish way. I feel sorry for the female leads in both series.

Can't really think of one that fits your requirements to a t, but maybe check these out:

Secret Garden (korean). One of the most crazy popular korean dramas in how many years. The guy is obsessed and chases the girl. Not a melodrama, though. 

My Sunshine (chinese). Guy is obsessed and has only loved the girl for years. 

Innocent Man (korean). Melodrama, so maybe you'll like it. Guy really does everything for the girl. Urgh.

When A Man Loves (korean). He loves her but she is such a ///////////.

I Hear Your Voice (korean). Guy has been obsessed with the older girl since he was a boy, but in the 'I wanna protect her blah blah' way. It's a rom com with substance.
You should watch some lakorns! Maybe that's what you are referring to?
Would say LIFE (Jdrama), But it's not a kind of love obsesion. I don't want to spoil anything so I really recomend you this drama.
Well i almost understand you ....
Try secret 2013 korean drama ...there is so much obsession , it starts with revenge and the lead guy want to prison her for his sisters death ...she even went to prison ...but while trying to torture her afterwards , he stars to fall in love with her ....it isnt historical u would looooove it .
Bachelor's Vegetable Store.

Summer's desire- two yandere guys obsessed with the lead girl

Bridal mask- the villain guy is the definition of psychopath

Falling For Innocence- the second lead is a yandere

Roy Leh Sanae Rai- the ML is a anti hero type

The thousand years of love- the villain guy is yandere 

Delightful Girl - the second lead is a stalker

secret- the ML is a stalker

Love never dies- the villain vampire likes the lead girl 

Cruel romance- the villain is a stalker and a psycho

Memory lost- villain is a stalker

Ngao jai- obsessed villain

The journey- one vampire guy and other magician guy obsessed with the girl

I think this character will vanished soon with the rise of feminism you can find a good amount and endless  bl drama where one of the men is obsessed

Nowadays this character is used as a bad guy or Sl no more alpha male anymore:(

story of minglan chinese historical  drama 2018 with 73 episodes * 45 min quite near to your requirement  . ml admire fl simplicity as a same time cleverness he never cross his line with FL to forcing himself to her but he assure that she not go from her hand so he make  all possible   environment that she has only he as option FL know all his doing instead of that she fascinated  by him that someone doing so hard to that he eagerly wants her in his life 

if you're looking for something rude hard force slap kiss romance its not

main lead are strong clever understanding couple 

just watch from 35-40 episodes if you don't like it then don't watch previous and next episodes here

DrAmAlOvEr:

story of minglan chinese historical  drama 2018 with 73 episodes * 45 min quite near to your requirement  . ml admire fl simplicity as a same time cleverness he never cross his line with FL to forcing himself to her but he assure that she not go from her hand so he make  all possible   environment that she has only he as option FL know all his doing instead of that she fascinated  by him that someone doing so hard to that he eagerly wants her in his life 

if you're looking for something rude hard force slap kiss romance its not

main lead are strong clever understanding couple 

just watch from 35-40 episodes if you don't like it then don't watch previous and next episodes here

They dont start their love till  the 35th episode?

Lustdrama:

They dont start their love till  the 35th episode?

before that ML like FL but not opened about it

Its on my list do u recommend starting from the beginning ? Was there a chemistry and swoon moments there or till 35

Lustdrama:

Its on my list do u recommend starting from the beginning ? Was there a chemistry and swoon moments there or till 35

1-34 main focus on main lead characters growth and little bit of casual interaction of them afterwards you'll see their romance

i hope that'll help you