I LOVED THIS DRAMA SO MUCH! it was dark like I love. One of my favorite parts about it was Chang hee and how he took such good care of Jae hee even though he was a thug. I also loved the main character so much his personality.  Can people recommend me a drama similar to this because I've rewatched it like 14 times already lol

maybe try Cruel Romance?
Hi 

Nice to come across somebody who also likes that drama. It got criticised quite a lot at the time. 

From the description you have given above, I believe you may enjoy the following. 

East of Eden - with the same main actor,  a noble criminal and again very protective of the female lead
Cruel City
Innocent Man

There are a few other's who have some elements but not all. 

Bad Guy
Triangle
Apple in the eye
Chuno
Que Sera Sera
Fated to Love You
I am Sorry, I love you
Punch

lunatepe:
Hi

Nice to come across somebody who also likes that drama. It got criticised quite a lot at the time.

From the description you have given above, I believe you may enjoy the following.

East of Eden - with the same main actor,  a noble criminal and again very protective of the female lead
Cruel City
Innocent Man

Bad Guy
Triangle
Apple in the eye
Chuno
Que Sera Sera
Fated to Love You
I am Sorry, I love you
Punch

Ashley, it would definitely help if you elaborate what has been drawing you to When A Man Loves.

I'd say East of Eden is your best pick.  It's a lovely epic, coming of age story of two brothers, those they love and a family that changed their lives.  One grows up to be a prosecutor and the other a criminal.  Be warned, though, that it may be darker than you like.

AnnH:

Ashley, it would definitely help if you elaborate what has been drawing you to When A Man Loves.

I'd say East of Eden is your best pick.  It's a lovely epic, coming of age story of two brothers, those they love and a family that changed their lives.  One grows up to be a prosecutor and the other a criminal.  Be warned, though, that it may be darker than you like.

Does East of Eden have a happy ending?

mahiba:

Does East of Eden have a happy ending?

Happiness is relative, but nothing compares to Eden.

lunatepe:
Hi

From the description you have given above, I believe you may enjoy the following.

East of Eden - with the same main actor,  a noble criminal and again very protective of the female lead
Cruel City
Innocent Man

Bad Guy
Triangle
Apple in the eye
Chuno
Que Sera Sera
Fated to Love You
I am Sorry, I love you
Punch

Raising my hand! Here I am, the other person that really luved When a Man Loves.     Innocent Man is in my top 10  and Cruel City, Bad Guy and East of Eden are definite one's I second the notion on.  Also A Love to Kill.   

I second Cruel Romance....Maybe Sound of the desert too

AnnH:

Happiness is relative, but nothing compares to Eden.

Thank you for your answer though I didn't really understand it.

mahiba:

Thank you for your answer though I didn't really understand it.

Eden was said to be a paradise.  East of Eden implies being outside of Eden so being East of Eden is not a paradise.  For every few happy moments in East of Eden, the show, there are really worse moments.  The ending is not happy.

I am one of the people that didn't love this drama,  although I liked the hero and the story idea !!! ...  my main issue is that the female's character is not likable and behavior does not make much sense. 

- If u like the cold, selfish and manipulative female -->  Summer's Desire is very similar ... Both guys pined for her; one had that tough-guy image, he would do anything for her and felt betrayed when she chose the other guy .... I like the heroine better in SD b/c although manipulative, she was being selfish for a valid reason.... 

- If u like the good-hearted criminal going straight, and the same lead actor --> I second East of Eden  .... Dong-Cheol is a truly wonderful hero, great character, and all the females are strong .....  as stated earlier, this a melodrama , but also an excellent family drama w/  Bromance/brotherhood , history, mobsters, family, and romance of various kinds <3 

- a mobster forcing a girl to be w/ him ---> Cruel Romance .. I didn't much like this, mainly due to the shallow treatment of characters and the weak female was not very appealing.

There is a turkish drama "Siyah beyaz aşk" (Black and white love). It is a wonderful show. In this drama, hero is a rich mafia guy. Heroine is a naive doctor.  He is very smart, handsome, sexy and a badass character. He falls in love with heroine very early on. He is very protective of her. And he is very possessive, jealous and super obsessive over her. Heroine takes some time time to fall in love with him as she doesn't like bad boys. He loves her soo much. Their chemistry is incredible. The music is amazing. I love this show a lot. There is a facebook fan page which provides english subtitles for this drama.

Check out these videos if you are interested

https://youtu.be/D-3nJ3BPdVw

https://youtu.be/pNnGttXglBI