Edit by Skye: This thread clearly has spoilers about shows where the Villain ends up with the main female lead. If you don't want to get spoiled, DONT READ ON! 

--------------------------------

When I recently watched the first few episodes of "Kill Me, Heal Me" , I thought this would be the drama that I was looking for! The plot itself is interesting, but what caught my attention from the get-go was the potential for the main female character falling for the male antagonist , the truly evil and dangerous alternative persona. Unfortunately for me, the romance strayed off with the "gentle" and "kind" main character swooping the female off her feet. 

All in all, this drama made me realize my desire to NOT want to see the typical romance of the "perfect" male lead ending up with the main female for once; rather, a romance that ends up being in the favor of a truly evil/dangerous male character( one that's similar to the evil character in "Kill Me, Heal Me").

*I know this may be an impossible request, but any close suggestions would be very much appreciated!! >.<

Maybe: Cheese in the Trap (the male lead is an antihero, he's cunning and sly)

Moon Lovers (though at the end since she's a time traveler they couldn't be together)

fanitha:

Maybe: Cheese in the Trap (the male lead is an antihero, he's cunning and sly)

Moon Lovers (though at the end since she's a time traveler they couldn't be together)

I've heard good reviews for Cheese in the Trap, but never got around to watching it... (I'll definitely give it a try!) And I looove Moon Lovers aka: Scarlet Heart ^^ (I watched the C-drama version tho, which was great~ But, I may give the K-drama version a go~) 

Thank you for your suggestions! ^o^

I can't think of any dramas that fit perfectly, but maybe try:

• The King's Woman - Historical, the show tries to make the audience sympathize with the King, but he's pretty villainous. Warning: it's a tragedy.
  • Empress Ki - Historical, FL is in a love triangle with two very politically powerful men. Content warning: there's a very strongly implied rape scene and it's also a tragedy
  • City Hunter - fairly dark revenge plot, lots of blood, ML is dangerous, the ending is relatively happy 
  • Princess Agents - both male main characters interested in the FL are powerful and dangerous, both have some villainous characteristics - spoiler: the drama ends with a cliffhanger
 Curlypoof:

I've heard good reviews for Cheese in the Trap, but never got around to watching it... (I'll definitely give it a try!) And I looove Moon Lovers aka: Scarlet Heart ^^ (I watched the C-drama version tho, which was great~ But, I may give the K-drama version a go~) 

Thank you for your suggestions! ^o^

Hope you like Cheese in the Trap (I had SLS so I suffered a lot)

Another suggestion I remembered is "Mars" the taiwanese drama it's a pretty dark story

Post was edited by Skye after many complaints to include...spoiler tags. 

Try checking out: Baker TakGoo, A Story of a Man, Giant. Where the villains and antagonist ended up with the girl.

But if you want an anti-hero type protagonist, then check out Jam loey Rak (Thai drama), A Love to Kill, Beautiful Mind, Falling for innocence,,hateful but once again,  Addicted (korean movie),

What about dramas where they dont end up together cause one dies? Much like Heartless City, Bridal Mask, a Hundred million Stars in the Sky

I would recommend some slap/kiss lakorns if you like villainous type main leads. 

Wimarn Sai- He's very possessive of her since the beginning- Warning: He rapes her, no insinuation of it, he actually does rape her and gets her pregnant, they end up together somehow.  

U Prince The Series: The Handsome Cowboy- He's a player. He actually sleeps around on her and cheats on her after being forgiven the first time. He does redeems himself in the end in my opinion.

Leh Ratree: They get together because he buys her from her father as payment for a debt. He's mean at first but he's not really a villain and he is also very sweet towards her. The second leads end up together and their romance is fire.

Autumn's Concerto- He's a player that bets on getting her- They become a couple very early in the series, but after losing his memories and being separated for some time they re-encounter. The thing is that she kept a pregnancy and his son from him so he is very mean to her because of that. He even forces her to marry him. Is a little slap/kiss but not as extreme as lakorns. 

Behind Your Smile- He wants revenge on her mother, so he lies and makes her believe he's helping her and is the opposite. This dude is cunning, and very intelligent, he is invested on his revenge and you don't really know if he'll change.

Last Cinderella- There are two guys in this and she ends up with the "mean" one. Even though he does bad things you root for him so I was happy with the ending.

AH:

I can't think of any dramas that fit perfectly, but maybe try:

• The King's Woman - Historical, the show tries to make the audience sympathize with the King, but he's pretty villainous. Warning: it's a tragedy.
  • Empress Ki - Historical, FL is in a love triangle with two very politically powerful men. Content warning: there's a very strongly implied rape scene and it's also a tragedy
  • City Hunter - fairly dark revenge plot, lots of blood, ML is dangerous, the ending is relatively happy 
  • Princess Agents - both male main characters interested in the FL are powerful and dangerous, both have some villainous characteristics - spoiler: the drama ends with a cliffhanger

Oooh, yess~ I'm very willing to try a drama  at this point that explicitly has the male leads as powerful/villainous/dangerous ^^    The only drama listed that I heard of is City Hunter (which, thanks to your suggestion, my decision to watch it has been solidified!). Nevertheless, the fact I never heard of the other three dramas makes me want to keep them in tab after I watch City Hunter~  (Thank you for the your recommendations, btw! \^o^/)

fanitha:

Hope you like Cheese in the Trap (I had SLS so I suffered a lot)

Another suggestion I remembered is "Mars" the taiwanese drama it's a pretty dark story

Lollll~ I think we all experinced SLS before...at least five times XD   And, wow! Thank you for another suggestion! I never watched a Taiwanese drama before, so I'll give it a look-see ~  

Czakhareina:

Try checking out: Baker TakGoo, A Story of a Man, Giant. Where the villains and antagonist ended up with the girl.

But if you want an anti-hero type protagonist, then check out Jam loey Rak (Thai drama), A Love to Kill, Beautiful Mind, Falling for innocence,,hateful but once again,  Addicted (korean movie), 

What about dramas where they dont end up together cause one dies? Much like Heartless City, Bridal Mask, a Hundred million Stars in the Sky

Whoa...you hit everything on the spot with your first recommendations...and then you added more! Considering your first three recommendations seem to be the most on point with what I previously requested, I'll give those a try first :)    Your second recommendations consisting of anti-heroes is also intriguing, considering it still fits in the realm of what I was looking for (side-note: I never watched a Thai drama, so I'm actually the most interested in trying that one first in that list!) And, hmm...If I'm in the mood for a heart-wrenching/breaking story, I'll definitely give your third list of recommends a try~  All an all, I thank your for taking the time to suggest all these dramas! 

I think what you are after is slap/kiss Thai dramas. The supposed 'heros' are truly evil but ends up with the girl anyway.  Jam Loey Rak (suggested above) is one of the well-known slap/kiss dramas -  the hero abducts the heroine and kinda tortures her. I suggest you research this genre and if it sounds like your cup of tea, I can give you a some of the best Slap/kiss dramas to watch.  Mind you, some of them are very dark and most people can't handle it.

But in regards to Kill me, heal me, Shin Se Gi was waaaay too cute to be a proper villain. Haha.. :P

@Nymphadora   I never heard of slap/kiss lakorns before! Ahahaha~ I'm guessing its a genre of some type... Maybe something along the lines of gritty/deranged? Nevertheless, your recommendations with the descriptions are quite fascinating! I feel your list is well described as going from hot to mild...And, oddly enough, I think its best I start off mild. Lolll, basically working my way backwards on your list, as to ease my way into the more gritty, lakorn(?) side of dramas :P 

Nonetheless, thank you for your recommends!! I really appreciate it ^^

Yeah I think lakorns may have more of what you're looking for.  I'd rec Kleun Cheewit, Loving Never Forgetting, and Sunny Happiness.  They're good romantic antags but not villains.

Curlypoof:

@Nymphadora   I never heard of slap/kiss lakorns before! Ahahaha~ I'm guessing its a genre of some type... Maybe something along the lines of gritty/deranged? Nevertheless, your recommendations with the descriptions are quite fascinating! I feel your list is well described as going from hot to mild...And, oddly enough, I think its best I start off mild. Lolll, basically working my way backwards on your list, as to ease my way into the more gritty, lakorn(?) side of dramas :P 

Nonetheless, thank you for your recommends!! I really appreciate it ^^

Curlyproof, you're welcome. And, yes "Slap/kiss" is a tag you will find in dramas in which there's some mistreatment in the main couple. It can be mild but it can be very dark and violent. Lakorns (Thai dramas are called this) are very famous for this tag, the main female usually slaps people around including the main lead, him in turn can be aggressive even violent towards her. They always make-up, though. Forced kisses are very prominent in Lakorns. If you want to start with a very mild Lakorn, to get used to the language, try Full House Thai. You will looove Mike and Aom's love story, trust me. 

Elizabeth:

I think what you are after is slap/kiss Thai dramas. The supposed 'heros' are truly evil but ends up with the girl anyway.  Jam Loey Rak (suggested above) is one of the well-known slap/kiss dramas -  the hero abducts the heroine and kinda tortures her. I suggest you research this genre and if it sounds like your cup of tea, I can give you a some of the best Slap/kiss dramas to watch.  Mind you, some of them are very dark and most people can't handle it.

But in regards to Kill me, heal me, Shin Se Gi was waaaay too cute to be a proper villain. Haha.. :P

Mmm, it seems that lakorn may consist of the themes I am looking for ^^ I haven't done much research on lakorns (yet), but it seems that it may contain more blunt(?) scenes that can't be stomached by some viewers... As for me, I'm ok with scenes that are gritty and whatnot, as long as the scene (whatever it may be) is done tastefully in alliance with the plot.  In other words: Good plotlines, character development, and acting (of course) is what reals me into a drama ^^  Sooo...yes! If you have any good recommends, please send them my wayyy~ (doesn't only have to be Lakorns!)

*And, my oh my...Shin Se Gi....He was the perfect mix cute and "evil" @.@  (Sidenote: I genuinely think his character could have been tamed down over time if he took ended up taking over...With the help of Oh Ri Jin, of course ;)

Major:

Yeah I think lakorns may have more of what you're looking for.  I'd rec Kleun Cheewit, Loving Never Forgetting, and Sunny Happiness.  They're good romantic antags but not villains.

Lakorns seems to be the main genre that matches! (Interesting..) I'll definitely check those out, considering they seem to be more on the mild side, I suppose ^^

@Nymphadora Wow....slap/kiss, huh? Hmm...Now that I had time to read, research (a bit) and think about everyone's opinion (especially on Lakorn), I think what I'm really after is a drama (or movie) where the evil male lead doesn't purposely hurts the female lead (and vice versa); rather, he poses as a threat to her because he has the potential to hurt her since he's deemed "dangerous/evil/psychotic/ etc."  ....In other words, I dont think I want to see a re-make of Harley Quinn and the Joker's (if you know this reference :P )abusive relationship, where the abuse is directed towards the main female lead and is glamorized as ok. That's a bit too much if you ask me. Any drama that has this (where abuse is directed towards the one you "love" and is normalized), is simply an automatic no from me. 

In a way, I want to see a love battle/twist between two (or more) main leads (one who is truly cynical and the other being the typically expected gentleman, etc) , but where the "evil" guy actually wins the girl's heart/ falls for her. (Sounds sappy, I know XD)  

But, in terms of Lakorns again, I 'll definitely try giving it a go, considering it sounds to be more of a milder drama ^^ 

Sidenote: I feel "Full House" was also a Korean drama before, right? O.O  Hmm...I wonder which was the original (T-version or K-version?)~

@Curlyproof then for perceived threat and evilness you only have to look for dramas with a "bad boy" as the lead.  Try Devil Beside You or Mars, these are Taiwanese classics that are part of my favorite list. Full House is originally a Korean drama but, I have only watched the Thai remake so I can only recommend that one. It is very worth it though, I really loved it. Not all Thai dramas are slap/kiss and not all slap/kiss lakorns are extreme when it comes to violence. Most of them is just your typical player bad boy.  

The thing with lakorns is that, in Thai culture sleeping together means you become his woman (almost as getting married), they even call each other husband and wife after they do it. So,  the dramas use forced kisses that border in sexual assault to show the leads desperate attempt to not lose the girl, like if they think she'll leave forever, sleeping with her will compromise her and she will be his wife. They usually back off at the last minute but the drama still gets the slap/kiss tag. I'm not saying it is okay, but understanding the cultural background gives you a new perspective. Please try a lakorn and let me know how it went :)