I want the type of historical heroine that has no manners at all, doesn't care about what the high ranking elite thinks of her (she has to learn the rules from the beginning and etiquette), either because she rose from a commoner's rank to a nobility's or a scholar's, or because she discovered she's a illegimate princess, story lines like Princess returning Pearl,  My bratty Princess, Princess Huai Yu. I didn't like the "Imperial doctoress" or "Female prime Minister" that much, because she wasn't sassy or bratty enough. But because of her purity of heart, she captures a royal's heart. Someone really sassy and bratty more like My bratty Princess. I watched all the spinoffs from "My bratty Princess", or "Princess returning Pearl". No time traveling this time. She's pure at heart, has no cruelty, is kind at heart, and that's why the royal man (or men) love her. The legend of Zhen Huan has too much political and palace intrigue. So nothing too historical, just some historical spoofs (not real history). Princess returning Pearl 1 and 2 are my absolute childhood favorites (watched them all when I was around 10 years old) I still re-watch them from time to time for old times' sake. 

Perfect Couple has a lead that's... lets call her undignified.

King is Not Easy - there's a body swap and like a lot of Chinese webdramas things get crazy at about Episode 16 when they didn't need to. But she's not afraid to voice her opinions to anyone who will listen.

How about if she's already noble?

Female Assassins in the Palace has a bratty lead.

And if we want to go off the board here we could look at Hong Kong Dramas:

Can't Buy Me Love - arrogant princess marries a gold merchant 

Queens of Diamonds and Hearts - a woman with a birth mark marries the king/emperor and he also takes a maid he's infatuated with as his wife. "Ugly" birth mark woman he's forced to marry saves his ass and kingdom countless times before he finally realizes "oh I like her".

Knavery:

Perfect Couple has a lead that's... lets call her undignified.

King is Not Easy - there's a body swap and like a lot of Chinese webdramas things get crazy at about Episode 16 when they didn't need to. But she's not afraid to voice her opinions to anyone who will listen.

How about if she's already noble?

Female Assassins in the Palace has a bratty lead.

And if we want to go off the board here we could look at Hong Kong Dramas:

Can't Buy Me Love - arrogant princess marries a gold merchant 

Queens of Diamonds and Hearts - a woman with a birth mark marries the king/emperor and he also takes a maid he's infatuated with as his wife. "Ugly" birth mark woman he's forced to marry saves his ass and kingdom countless times before he finally realizes "oh I like her".

I don't really like it when she's already a noble. I love it when it's because of her commoner's rank's that a royal man falls head over heals with her. (In princess returning pearl, she fakes being an illegitimate princess, in My bratty Princess, they (the Emperor and the Prince) don't know her real rank because she disguises herself as a commoner. In Princess Huai Yu, she also disguises herself as a boy and a commoner and meets the Emperor Kang Xi.

Female Assassins and Can't Buy Me Love have royals.

Perfect Couple she grows up a commoner, disguises as a princess to find someone she is looking for and I forget who she actually is because it's been so long.  She might have been one of those "lost" princesses but I could be wrong. She grew up a commoner and always thought she was. 

King is not Easy she's a commoner looking for marriage to a sexy guy and when she literally spots one on the streets, she finds out who he is and joins the palace maids to get close to him. She's pretty upfront about what she wants. She body swaps with the emperor.

Queen of Diamonds and Hearts both the wives are commoners. One is bad. One is righteous. It can be frustrating to watch because she saves him and his kingdom over and over again because he's pretty dumb and arrogant. He's obsessed with his second wife and her physical beauty. He eventually sees the light and falls for the original wife with the birthmark on her face.

And of course there are two series on Mulan and they had to both be made in 2013 to confuse us:

Mu Lan

Legend of Hua Mulan

In both instances the Rouran prince falls for them. I think the second one I linked she likes him as well.

Some Korean stuff:

Sungkyunkwan Scandal, I believe she writes and illustrates naughty (sexy) novels and then ends up disguising as a man to write a 'national exam' test. I honestly forget how bratty she is, if she is at all. She's trying desperately to survive in a world where she's not supposed to be able to work or be a scholar. The prince and heir to throne falls in love with her along with a bunch of other noblemen.

Love in the Moonlight is similar to Sungkyunkwan Scandal where once again a girl struggling to survive dresses as a man to accomplish things.

The heroines in these dramas aren't exactly "bratty" (I'm guessing these all fall somewhere in between exactly what you're looking for and personalities that are more like the FL in Imperial Doctress), but they are sassy, clever, confident, and generally don't care about making a good impression on the nobles.

• Sound of the Desert - the FL was originally raised by wolves, so certainly not a demure noble girl
  • Princess Agents - I have to include my usual disclaimer that it ends with a tragic cliffhanger and there may not be a second season
  • Love in the Moonlight - this one starts off very funny and carefree, but turns more serious / sad later on and the FL also goes from funny / sassy to more serious as the story changes; (that makes it sound like a complete tragedy but it has a relatively happy ending)
  • Maybe Empress Ki - this wasn't personally my favourite, but the FL is pretty great in the beginning and definitely doesn't care what the prince thinks of her at first; warning from what I can remember it included a heavily implied rape scene and ended tragically

EDIT: RE Sungkyunkwan Scandal, she's definitely not bratty and she sometimes cares about what the nobles think of her (she's secretly cross-dressing as her brother so she can work / be a scholar, and from an impoverished / disgraced household), but she's clever and usually upbeat and brave. I don't recall a prince falling in love with her, but she does have several noble male friends and romantic interests among her fellow scholars including the son of the prime minister if I remember correctly. 

If I read your request correctly, you don't want dramas with time travel. If that's not the case, you can also try:

• The Eternal Love - FL is a modern day real estate agent, totally confident, sassy, and not concerned with what the nobles think of her + has to learn the etiquette of the time
  • My Only Love Song - she's probably the only FL that can be described as bratty in this list
  • Splash Splash LOVE - definitely not concerned with protocol / what the nobles think of her

Perfect Couple (2014)---  she's not bratty, but Sassy, Unconventional,  Trouble-maker, Unformal, No manners, she embarrasses him, as he is a bit uptight and formal ...

Cuo Dian Yuan Yang  --- she's sassy, unconventional, a trouble maker ... but not bratty.

My Sassy Girl with Oh Yeon Seo.

HOWEVER, about halfway through the writing/show becomes more about politics and Female lead becomes less "sassy" and more on the crying/melo side :(