Hi everyone :) 

I'm pretty new to Asian dramas but the ones I've seen have been pretty good so far. The one thing I really can't stand though are male leads who are really mean and rude to their love interests. I also don't like it when the female leads are okay with it. Even though I really enjoyed Itazura na Kiss - Love in Tokyo, I had to drop the second season because I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't stand the way the main guy treated the girl, and she was so sweet and caring :( Good Morning Call had a similar problem, but I managed to finish it only because I really liked the second male leads in both seasons. I'm currently watching She Was Pretty and am having the same problem again :/ I'm thinking of dropping it but my friend said she really liked it, so that's the only reason I'm willing to finish it. 

I was just wondering if there are any dramas out there that include male leads who aren't totally conceited and condescending? And female leads that don't automatically forgive the guy and continue the relationship like nothing happened?

Any genre will do, thanks :) 

Most of the dramas you mentioned are some of the ones, i totally dont want to watch again. The ML were such jerks, especially in She Was Pretty. But there are some dramas that have very likeable male leads. Here are some

In time with you (Taiwan)- he probably is the realistic nice ML in asian drama creation. He is rightious, helpful and pretty upstanding. Especially with the FL who is his best friend.

From 5 to 9 (Japan)- this one is one interesting drama bevuse the male lead is pretty nice and funny. He is a buddhist monk who follows the girl around cause he likes him. It sounds like a weird plot, but its pretty funny and interesting dynamic 

Reply 1997 (Korea) - the ML is not the usual jerk of asian drama yore, he is more of a little standoff-ish type of guy, and i think he acts that way because he wants to be seen as cool but he doesnt have a mean bone in his body. But more than that, the best thing about the guy wanting to act cool, is that the FL will not stand for it. And she will get the upper hand in any and all situation.

Across the ocean to see you (China) - male lead is super nice that he sometimes becomes borderkine pushover type of character. But he really has the best intentions for his job, his coworkers, his famiky, his friends, his irritating boss ala love ineterest, and evem his exGf

Additionally reply series male leads are quite nice, so check out reply 1994 and reply 1988. Also try Glorious day, Kimi no todoke,  Love Around, smile you, we married as a job, Hogu's love, My Queen.

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon nice? Or more of a not rude but not overly nice at first?

Arang And The Magistrate

Fight For My Way

Good Doctor

I Hear Your Voice

Shopping King Louie

Thanks so much Czakhareina! I'll be sure to check out the ones you suggested! Kimi ni Todoke was also so good! One of my favs. Loved Miura Haruma's character so much! 

Knavery:

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon nice? Or more of a not rude but not overly nice at first?

So sorry! I haven't seen Strong Woman Do Bong Soon. But maybe something like the latter? Thanks!

DramaQueenOfSheba:

Arang And The Magistrate

Fight For My Way

Good Doctor

I Hear Your Voice

Shopping King Louie

Thanks so much for the recs! I appreciate it!!! :) 

You’re welcome :) also I would like to recommend Healer, amazing drama and the male lead is kind and protective towards the female lead. 

DramaQueenOfSheba:

You’re welcome :) also I would like to recommend Healer, amazing drama and the male lead is kind and protective towards the female lead. 

I've heard great things about Healer, I'll be sure to check it out as well. Thanks again! 

• Witch's Romance
  • 20th Century Boy and Girl
  • Fight For My Way
  • On The Way to The Airport - has affair theme but it's really good.
  • Healer
  • Ho Goo's Love
  • Marriage, Not Dating
  • Tomorrow With You - has slow pace. Many people found boring, but it's one of my faves last year.

Miura Haruma was so awesome on Kimi no Todoke. One of my fave projects of his. If you are looking for same type of drama check out Kingyo Club. 

Anyway happy watching. 

chocoffeeicecream:
  • Witch's Romance
  • 20th Century Boy and Girl
  • Fight For My Way
  • On The Way to The Airport - has affair theme but it's really good.
  • Healer
  • Ho Goo's Love
  • Marriage, Not Dating
  • Tomorrow With You - has slow pace. Many people found boring, but it's one of my faves last year.

Thanks so much!!! These all look really good! 

Czakhareina:

Miura Haruma was so awesome on Kimi no Todoke. One of myprojects of his. If you are looking for same type of drama check out Kingyo Club. 

Anyway happy watching. 

Thanks again!!! I'll be sure to check out Kingyo Club as well :) 

• Weightlifting fairy
  • Shopping King Louis
  • Strongest Deliveryman
  • Kill me Heal me
  • Healer
  • Boku Unmei no Hito desu
  • Live up to your name
  • Can you hear my heart?
  • Buzzer Beat
  • From 5 to 9
  • We married as a job
  • Fight for my way
  • The moon that embraces the sun

Yes, I agree with you, that aggressive relationship style shocked me the most when I started watching Asian series.

I can recommend you:

The package

Long Vacation

Kimi wa petto.