I want to watch a chinese drama and I am in need of some recommendations. 

I would like:

+ good plot

+ a strong female and male lead with chemistry

+ it can be romance or no romance

+ don't care for the time it's set in

+ genre doens't matter but my preferences are: mystery, crime, historical, gender bender, romance

Thank you in advance! <3

Here are some of my recommendations:

Eternal love

Love O2O

The Fox's Summer

Dear Prince

My Little Princess

Cruel Romance

I've watched eternal love & love o2o. I have not scene the rest though, i shall check it out

• Sound of the Desert
  • The Princess Wei Young
  • The Imperial Doctress

Cambrian Period has political crime/mystery elements and romance.

Nirvana in Fire is historical/political with a strong plot - I haven't seen this myself yet but have heard many good things about it.

I've tried imperial doctress and couldn't get through an episode. I started Prince Wei Young, but stopped because it is too damn different from the Chinese novel (which is so good). I will put Sound of the Desert on my list. Thanks!

I've heard a lot about Nirvana in Fire, its time to check it out! Haven't heard of Cambrian Period though, thanks!

The Advisors Alliance 

Nirvana in Fire definitely.

I'd give Princess Wei Young another try. I really liked it (but didn't read the novel).

Also add:

Legend of Lu Zhen, Prince of Lan Ling, Perfect Couple - Historical/Romance

Love Me If You Dare - Mystery/Crime/Romance

I highly recommend reading the novel.

I have watched Perfect Couple (need to finish it actually)

Love me if you dare is one i'm hesitant on because i've heard other say it wasn't good.

Thanks by the way!

Battle of Changsha - It is a historical drama with a great plot. The female lead becomes strong after a while. The romance is subtle but satsfying.

StarlitStorm:

Battle of Changsha - It is a historical drama with a great plot. The female lead becomes strong after a while. The romance is subtle but satsfying.

Cool, thanks!

Highly recommend The Advisors Alliance. Perfect cinematography, awesome OSTs, strong solid plot, and you have Cao Cao and Sima Yi lol

Michia Lei:

Highly recommend The Advisors Alliance. Perfect cinematography, awesome OSTs, strong solid plot, and you have Cao Cao and Sima Yi lol

Ooo, alright! I shall take your word for it!! Thanks!