I love to watch historical dramas especially Chinese ones but I end up stopping cause I get spoilers that it'll be sad. So if anyone knows those that aren't too sad pls help!!!! Also they don't really have to live happily ever after just as long as they are still tgt in the last few ep..i guess...

Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People, Sungkyunkwan Scandal

Sound of the Desert

Eternal Love (2017) aka. Ten miles of Peach Blossoms (the absolute best, a must watch)

The Princess Man'

Eternal Love a.k.a. Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms - although not exactly historical but Wuxia.  this is the  drama that you must watch. The best drama ever!

Moon Embracing the Sun- Historical and fantasy with happy ending. 

Sungkyunkwan Scandal- Gender bending historical. 

Love in the Moonlight- Historical and political romance.

Scholar Who Walks the Night- Historical vampire romance. 

Lost Love in Times*- Fantasy romance.

Eternal Love*- Fantasy romance with historical setting. 

The Eternal Love*- Body swapping/ fantasy. 

The Emperor: Owner of the Mask- Political romance. 

Hwarang- Political, youth romance. 

Rooftop Prince- Time travel that mostly takes place in the present, but it might interest you. 

My Sassy Girl (2017)- Romantic comedy with a historical setting. 

My Only Love Song- Time travel that mostly takes place in the past. 

Splash, Splash LOVE- Time travel, most of it takes place in the past. 

Sound of the Desert*- Political, war, romance. 

The King in Love- Political mainly with some romance. The ending is bittersweet so it might be perceived as not too happy.

All these have a happy ending, or an ending that can be considered positive not tragic. 

*Chinese drama

Thank you everyone for the suggestions!! Especially those who gave A LOT of suggestions!! <3

I love historical/fantasy/wuxia romance cdrama that also has a happy ending so i highly recommend this dramas:

Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms

Ashes of Love

Lost Love in  Times

Legend of Fu Yao

Thai

• Tawipob
  • Bpoop phaeh sunniwat

Ashi girl ( Japanese)

Cruel ROM( period , Chinese )

Rookie agent rogue ( period, Chinese)

Chicago typewriter 

✔ 100 Days My Prince 

✔ My Only Love Song 

✔ Splish Splash Love 

✔ Perfect Couple (Wallace huo) 

✔ Queen In Hyun's Man 

It's not easy to find CDrama that end up with a happy ending, so the list is not very long (I strict remain on history if you need I can suggest Wuxia later).

Battle of Changsha it's a Republican era drama, set during WWII, I'll just say that is a masterpiece and a must watch, I couldn't watch any drama for weeks after I've finished.

Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan set in Qing dynasty. I know that the number of episodes could shock at first glance, but it's so so so good, this drama it's an experience trust me. Palace/harem dramas set in the Qing dynasty are difficult for the first approach of Historical drama (I saw your dramalist and I noted that you haven't watched this type of drama, so I must say it)

General and I set in the Three Kingdoms. There are some skippable scenes, but the love story, the chemistry and the passion between the leads are unbeatable, if you are curious watch some clips on youtube, you won't regret.

Legend of Lu Zhen if I don't remember wrong, it's set in the Tang dynasty.  Cool drama with
Zanilia Zhao, love story on top and great palace intrigues.

Rookie agent rouge set in the Republican era. It's an action/spy drama, the love story is slow and steady.

The princess wei-young set in Northern Wei Dynasty. It's a revenge drama, everything it's beautiful from the costumes to the scenography  to the leads, the story it's worth your time.

The story of Ming Lan this one is set in Song dynasty and it's still ongoing, so I don't know if ends up with a happy ending. It's such a beautiful drama, can bring you in the mentality and struggle of a woman in ancient China and it's the lightest of the drama that I suggest you (LOL).

If you need anything ask me :)

xElisabeth:
The princess wei-young set in Northern Wei Dynasty. It's a revenge drama, everything it's beautiful from the costumes to the scenography to the leads, the story it's worth your time.

But that ending... well either way the chemistry is AMAZING with the leads.

Nueng Dao Fah Diew (Thai)