Does this even exist?

A female lead who is smart from the beginning and doesn't keep falling into the Second FL's traps but sets traps herself?  

I'm just so damn tired of seeing stupid and naive female leads who keep getting into trouble because of the second female leads and other evil people. 

I want a confident female lead who is smart and is good in sheming and not some pathetic girl who will make you facepalm every episode.

Legend of Lu Zhen - the FL knows how to fight for what she wants, it's a really good drama!

Star in my heart - If you don't mind watching older dramas this is exactly what you're searching for! The FL at first is your typical FL but after a few episodes she change and become a strong woman. She even fights with the second FL and her mother ????

Truth - at first the FL doesn't  want to get involved with the ML because she doesn't want to hurt the Second FL  but when she starts to have interest for the guy she doesn't even care anymore lol.

Right now I'm watching Sound of the Desert and it does fit your criteria. She's smart and ingenuous, and she doesn't fall for bull. The plus is that she's rather fun as well, being kind of a typical cheerful FL but way smarter. And she knows how to fight. Indeed a kickass.

Also Queen of Ambition. The Female Lead is basically the villain of the story, so not only she's the one to set traps but also gets away with it.

There's even the FL from Love O2O. Although more of a Mary Sue(and I don't really like the drama itself), she does know how to handle her business. More than once she's able to get herself out of a situation, and she even deceives one of the characters ><

There's Birth of a Beauty but this one is more on the comedy side. Also, since it's a revenge drama the FL is the one deceiving everyone, and I just loved the moments when the second female lead tried to get to her but she just fired back and walked away like a boss.

Something about 1% like fanitha said, however, I can't really consider her a 2nd female lead xD

• Empress Ki
  • General and I (I haven't finished this one yet)
  • The Princess Wei Young
    • Admittedly this is probably on the border between what you're looking for and what you're trying to avoid
    • The FL is constantly having to deal with her enemies schemes and getting into trouble because of them, but she's not helpless and useless when this happens - half the time she gets herself out of the situation through her own abilities, and in most of the other situations she gets help from an ally that she has helped in the past (so she's not just this damsel in distress that's constantly being saved but never saving others)
    • She is smart and talented, and she comes up with effective public policies, successful military strategies, and her own schemes to thwart her enemies 
    • For example, in the opening scene of episode 11 the FL successfully defends herself against false accusations, exposes the schemes of two of her enemies, gets her adoptive mother's rank elevated so that she is no longer in a position where she is constantly bullied, and ensures that the emperor implements a public policy that will effectively address two serious problems over the short and long term

✔️ Misty 

✔️ Mother