There are a bunch of manwhores in dramas where they arent just 'exploring' their sexualities. I just wanted to see if there are any playgirl types.

i just want a normal, assertive woman who is not instantly labelled as a whore or emotionally damadged. Someone who flirts around and isnt fucking afraid of just one kiss. 

Er ... this is Asian dramaland, honey. Not Western TV. You're probably going to have a difficult time finding a drama like that. 

Ok, perhaps the first question to ask is what do you define as a manwhore? Maybe you and I have different ideas.

What are those dramas with manwhores in them? In my experience with Asian dramas, it is quite taboo to portray both women AND men in such terms. 

Sure, you can find dramas where the ML may have had or still have a wife or gf prior to or upon meeting the female lead, but he's not portrayed as actually being a manwhore. Usually the relationship with their wives/gfs are on verge of collapse so that he will be free to pursue a relationship with the FL. Other women, besides his current woman & the FL, are not usually involved. 

You have cheating dramas - like Temptation, which I loathed - where the male lead cheated on his wife with another woman, but he was never cast in the light of being a manwhore. Supposedly, he simply fell out of love with his wife & in love with the other woman, the FL (he fell in love with her money, if you ask me). The execution of his journey was poorly done, which is why many audiences, perhaps most, hated his guts and hated this drama. But I don't think anyone would look at him and think manwhore right away. Golddigger, disloyal shameless opportunist, a kept man, perhaps ... but not a manwhore.

At least I wouldn't. When I think of a manwhore, I see a man who has multiple sexual partners, often at the same time, hopping from woman to woman, who deliberately lies and deceives, a lot of times with an abundance of charm, to maintain these multiple encounters. I've never seen a character like that in conservative Asian dramas.

The one drama I can think of that perhaps comes slightly close to the ML being a manwhore is Que Sera Sera.

Aside from that, I can't think of another one. 

As for dramas where the female lead is a slut ... even rarer, probably none existent. I'd love to know what those dramas are too, if they exist, so I can avoid them. 

One of the reasons why I appreciate Asian dramas is the value they put on having a relationship rather than just letting the characters f***k around with as many people as they can. Sure, there are one night stands, but the characters almost always end up having a relationship with each other. I'm tired of how *everything* in western TV has to be sooooo sexualized, even when it's not necessary.

Sometimes Asian dramas have a horrible tendency of portraying adult relationships as too childish and chaste (the polar opposite of its western counterpart), as well as infantilizing the FL ... so I get your frustrations, but sometimes they manage to get the balance right (where the characters behave like adults in an adult world), far more so than Western shows that tend to put too too much focus on sexaulizing everything & everyone, esp if we're thinking the typical Hollywood sponsored ones.

Have you seen Another Oh Hæ Young? Might work for what  you're looking for in terms of a female lead who is outspoken and not  afraid to challenge the ML when he gets on her nerves. Sometimes, *she*  got on my nerves, but okay ...  that's another story.

It's Okay, That's  Love might also fit.

The World That They Live In ... rather than being  assertive, I found the FL to be unnecessarily  bitchy at times, but  that's just me. She might work for you. She's  already in a relationship  with the ML & nothing much is said of her  past relationships so  again, not slutty.

All three dramas above are written by the same writer, who is known for writing very flawed, bordering on annoying female characters. Which, for me, although they sometimes get on my nerves, is better than the boring, too nice, wet noodle type heroines. They're often  'assertive' and not afraid to  show sexual interest in the male lead, but  I can't see how & in  what way they might be perceived as 'sluts'. 

The first 2 shows are popular, well-known shows, so you might have already seen them, but the last one is an older drama (with the gorgeous Hyun Bin, in his dramaland heyday) that not so many drama fans are aware of.

I loved It's Too Late To Say I Love You ... because every time the leads met they were going at it like bunnies. haha
The leads had a very passionate relationship. They but heads a lot, then have make-up sex. Hahaha! They were like each other's drug. The fact that the drama is also set in war time China upped the ante a bit because you never know when the ml might die in battle (and for his country he had to make some dubious choices along the way too). Some aspects of this drama can be very frustrating & the ending is not the most well done, but if you're looking for a realistic, passionate portrayal of a romantic relationship, then you can't go wrong with this one. I rewatch scenes from this drama when I've had enough of the ridiculous wall kisses in other dramas.

Ice World, an oldie but a goodie, might also work in terms of having a FL who is not a shrinking violet.

Cruel  Romance, not a perfect drama, but one of the reasons why I enjoyed it  was because the romance between the leads felt really grown. It felt  real, esp after they became an official couple. They made love, the  female lead wasn't afraid to sleep with the ML, they kissed naturally  etc. But again, she was by no means a slut. Neither was he either,  although he is a mafia boss and you can perhaps persume that men like  these are likely to have many women. However, in the drama he was a  perfect gentleman. A complete dream boat, actually!

I really do think you're going to have a difficult time finding a slutty heroine in Dramaland. 

hmmnn... what are you really looking for, cause the title seems confusing as well as the ones you've defined. Sluts? Manwhore? Playgirls?

Thus I super agree with @PrettyCarEye.  i think you need to define Manwhore first and its direct equivalent to a female character.

And as definitions go, the words you've used are western word that doesn't really get translated/ presented in an asian countries much. It probably is a different of a cultural thing, so you probably need more explanation on that part so that we can understand what you are looking for...  and additionally there are some broadcasting boundaries and limitation that Asian countries can't cross as compared to western shows..

I guess You will probably have more luck in movies. They have less restrictions on that part. I remember a movie I've watched years back, I think the title was Everybody Has Secrets.

As for dramas, it would be rare to think mentioned by PrettyCarEye,  Que Sera Sera is probably the nearest thing I can also think of for what manwhore can be. Also maybe  Hateful but once again, and Memories of Bali.

Those type of male characters doesnt really get translated to female character much due mainly to the cultural thing. so the 'sluts' will probably be the characters of female villains rather than the protagonist. and sometimes 'playgirls' are also not really played in asian shows much.

But the most modern and quite realistic look on a female character I have seen, where the female character has multiple sexual relationship yet not label as slut or playgirl, is probably In Time With You, also maybe probably the touted korean version of 'sex and city' titled I Need Romance.  and maybe It's Okay, It's Love.

PS. but back to manwhore/sluts. I guees maybe japan does have a somewhat version of that in their hosts/hostesses culture. So maybe Todome no Kiss, Kurofuku Monogatari, Jotei Kaoruko, Jyouou, GiraGira.

jaaraf:

Nagareboshi 

https://mydramalist.com/275-nagareboshi

Was she a slut, though? I don't think so even though she worked as a hostess. I don't think she actually slept with her clients ... just entertained them with drinks. Or am I remembering things wrong?

Also even if she did go all the way in her profession, she is not portrayed as a slut in the drama itself. Rather she's portrayed as a young woman who has led a difficult life and due to poverty had to resort to a less than scrupulous line of work.

idk why but When  A Man Loves comes to mind.. but i suggest you run far away from this drama.

not even sure why i'm even recommended this

I think the OP is referring to the female lead being a playgirl because there are many male leads that are playboys. Might be wrong though.

PrettyCarEye:

Was she a slut, though? I don't think so even though she worked as a hostess. I don't think she actually slept with her clients ... just entertained them with drinks. Or am I remembering things wrong?

Also even if she did go all the way in her profession, she is not portrayed as a slut in the drama itself. Rather she's portrayed as a young woman who has led a difficult life and due to poverty had to resort to a less than scrupulous line of work.

Oh, ok. I get your point. It's not  drama but a movie that comes to mind now:

My Rainy Days

https://mydramalist.com/764-my-rainy-days

What do u think about The Art of Seduction

I dont think a host/hostess is a slut. Its just a job. Slut is a personality trait. How slut do you have to be before you are considered a slut? Probably 90/100 in Western and 10/100 in Asian

In Age of Youth one of the characters is a sugar baby and she has a couple clients that finance her life. She doesn't really have a love story plot - but I've only seen the first season

Because This is My First Life - the secondary female character in this drama deals with sexual harassment in the workplace (receives a lot of catcalls and lewd remarks from co-workers or bosses) and she's not portrayed as a slut, but she prefers one-night stands to having a relationship

Meloholic - Female Lead suffers from DID; her alter personality is someone who's gorgeous, confident, and is not afraid of expressing her sexuality; she's slightly flirty, but most of the time is actually constantly turning down boys

Thank you all so much for the suggestions!! Youve really helped me out

And since many of you asked me to define 'slut' and 'manwhore' im just gonna say this:

I exagerated a little with the title so to catch everyones attention. However i would honestly like a character like that.

A woman who is comfortable with her sexuality and had multiple sex partners previously. Something like a female player who is assertive and knows how to get what she wants. Its really hard to come to anythin remotly close as that in dramas where they draw the line with one previous relationship or something like that.

Most of your suggestions are exactly what i was looking for! Thank you very much.

I think I Do, I Do is interesting. It starts off with a one night stand and a career woman. She doesn't fall head over heels for the guy and by the end she still hasn't changed much.

I'm not sure you'll find any where the girl has a long sexual history. Thai dramas would be the likeliest place to look but even then it's usually "oh she's a slut but no, not really it was just people spreading rumors" or if the girl has a long sexual history, she's the antagonist and wants to break up the lead couple.

Ms Temper and Nam Jung Gi comes to mind, she has 3 ex-husbands. The possibility of a romance is way in the background for almost the entire show.

I was thinking about Kuzu no Honkai  ????