Most dramas that feature misunderstandings btw leads (the hero misunderstanding) almost always need the situation resolved or the truth to be revealed before the hero decides to get back with the heroine. I never like it when a man only forgives or reconciles with the girl because the misunderstanding is cleared up or the truth is revealed because who knows how many misunderstandings will occur in the future? Would he always need an explanation/evidence pointing to her innocence in order to be with her again? I like it when the guy loves the girl no matter what: He may be angry at first, but will eventually come around on his own because his feelings are too strong and decides to give her the benefit of the doubt without nagging/persuasion from others. Now that's real love.

I'm really in the mood for a drama where, in the face of setbacks or misunderstandings, the hero manages to come around on his own and (depending on the situation) either goes after the heroine or gives her the benefit of the doubt BEFORE the truth comes out.

List of dramas that feature this in one form or another (all of the heroes below eventually see past the misunderstanding and goes after the heroine on their own):

Shining Inheritance -Hero never truly believed the lies told to him by the other woman, who was also his childhood friend, and later reveals to her that he loves/wants to be with the heroine before finding out the truth. This is my favorite example as the hero eventually chooses to trust his own judgement even over his close friend's words, which was very satisfying to see

Meteor Garden I/Hana Yori Dango I -Hero saves the heroine from a dire situation before the truth is revealed and decides to trust her words

She was Pretty -Hero falls for the heroine and later acknowledges his feelings and starts pursuing her before finding out the truth

Game Rai Game Rak -hero never stops loving or going after the heroine even while thinking the worst of her

Proong Nee Gor Ruk Ter -hero loves and goes after the heroine even while thinking the worst of her

Are there any more dramas with this trope: A setback or misunderstanding involving the heroine occurs that may anger or confuse the hero, but he manages to overcome it on his own and chooses to be with the heroine BEFORE finding out the truth? The hero should be affected (showcases anger, jealousy, etc) at least somewhat by the misunderstanding, but ultimately chooses to overlook it because he loves the heroine too much and decides to trust her -that buildup makes for a more satisfying payoff. I really love dramas that feature this trope and am on the lookout for more, thanks so much!

Marriage, Not Dating definitely. Her closeness with the SML becomes a huge problem to the point where the ML's mother thinks the FL is cheating on him with the SML when she's not. The entire time the ML defends her against his mother.

Sangmo:

Marriage, Not Dating definitely. Her closeness with the SML becomes a huge problem to the point where the ML's mother thinks the FL is cheating on him with the SML when she's not. The entire time the ML defends her against his mother.

Thanks, did the ML ever get angry or upset over the FL's supposed cheating? Would love it more if he showed some kind of struggle over this misunderstanding, as the payoff of him overcoming that hurdle on his own will be all the more gratifying :)

• Love O2O
  • The Princess Wei Young
  • Sungkyunkwan Scandal
    • In this one the ML likes the FL but thinks the FL is a boy at the time and thinks he saw her having an intimate relationship with another male student, which would be grounds for her to be kicked out of their school, but he puts his reputation on the line to defend her anyway (and of course it turns out he misunderstood the situation)
  • Ms. Perfect

Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms- The mains face misunderstandings but there were actual times when he believed her or just didn't fall for them. I was surprised at how smart the characters were.

Thanks for the recs! I've watched and loved both "Love O2O" and "Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms." But in Love O2O, the male lead was never in doubt of the female lead, so he was never upset or confused about the misunderstanding. I'm looking for dramas where the hero is affected (showcases anger, jealousy, etc) at least somewhat by the misunderstanding, but ultimately chooses to overlook it because he loves the heroine too much and decides to trust her. In my opinion, this kind of buildup leads to a more emotional payoff.

hmmnn I am not sure with this scenario, but maybe:

• Wild Chives and Soy bean Soup - they were once a couple but because of a tragedy the separated, they meet again after 12 years but she is completely unrecognizable yet ML still falls for her
  • Secret - ML hates FL, and is forcing her to be near her to punish her, but ends up falling for her even before the truth of what happened is revealed
  • Lovers in Prague - the FL breaks off with ML, but the ML believes still in the FL
  • Meloholic - ML finds something strange with the FL, but he still pursues and loves her
  • My Sunshine - this one totally could not be the one you are looking for, but maybe it is. hahaha I dont know
 Jess4163:
in Love O2O, the male lead was never in doubt of the female lead, so he was never upset or confused about the misunderstanding. I'm looking for dramas where the hero is affected (showcases anger, jealousy, etc) at least somewhat by the misunderstanding, but ultimately chooses to overlook it because he loves the heroine too much and decides to trust her.

Scratch Ms. Perfect too then. The ML pretty much never doubts the FL in that one, even though she's the prime suspect for his step sister's murder.

I think Sungkyunkwan Scandal mostly still fits. The ML is definitely affected by the misunderstanding but ultimately decides to risk his own position to protect the FL rather than putting the rules first the way he always did up until that point.

However, the FL tells the ML that he's misunderstood the situation (although she can't tell him what actually happened), and he doesn't just trust her because she asked him to. He later kicks himself when he figures out what actually happened. Basically he protects her despite the huge misunderstanding, but doesn't just blindly trust her when she tells him he misread the situation. So it might not be exactly what you're looking for either.

The Princess Wei Young definitely still fits. There are several misunderstandings and the ML usually has no doubts or gets over any doubts very quickly, but in at least one case he is deeply affected by the misunderstanding (angry, distraught, betrayed, and bereaved) and it takes him a bit longer (about 1.5 episodes) to overcome it. 

Jess4163:

Thanks, did the ML ever get angry or upset over the FL's supposed cheating? Would love it more if he showed some kind of struggle over this misunderstanding, as the payoff of him overcoming that hurdle on his own will be all the more gratifying :)

I don't remember if he did in the beginning because before they truly get together, they are fake dating. At one point at the end he did. At their wedding, he sees them together and starts thinking she's cheating because of how close she is to the SML. Though she does as well because she thinks he's the father of his ex's new baby. Alot of the misunderstanding come from her interaction with the ML's  mother, but the mother is clearly justified because she's a little too close to the SML who she did like at one point and SML still likes her.

AH, thanks for explaining everything! I don't mind if the hero misunderstands at first or even doesn't believe the heroine as long as he eventually gets past it somehow on his own before the truth comes out. It's the struggle and eventual capitulation for the heroine's sake that I want to see as it makes for an awesome emotional payoff.

Czakhareina:

hmmnn I am not sure with this scenario, but maybe:

• Wild Chives and Soy bean Soup - they were once a couple but because of a tragedy the separated, they meet again after 12 years but she is completely unrecognizable yet ML still falls for her
  • Secret - ML hates FL, and is forcing her to be near her to punish her, but ends up falling for her even before the truth of what happened is revealed
  • Lovers in Prague - the FL breaks off with ML, but the ML believes still in the FL
  • Meloholic - ML finds something strange with the FL, but he still pursues and loves her
  • My Sunshine - this one totally could not be the one you are looking for, but maybe it is. hahaha I dont know

Thanks! I've already watched Secret and My Sunshine. All of the rest seem to have a hero going through some sort of struggle/misconception concerning the heroine that turns him off, but he overcomes that issue on his own, so it fits with what I'm looking for. Thanks :)

Sangmo:

I don't remember if he did in the beginning because before they truly get together, they are fake dating. At one point at the end he did. At their wedding, he sees them together and starts thinking she's cheating because of how close she is to the SML. Though she does as well because she thinks he's the father of his ex's new baby. Alot of the misunderstanding come from her interaction with the ML's  mother, but the mother is clearly justified because she's a little too close to the SML who she did like at one point and SML still likes her.

When he does start suspecting the heroine at the end, does he look past it and still choose to be with the heroine before her innocence is revealed? Thanks!

Jess4163:

When he does start suspecting the heroine at the end, does he look past it and still choose to be with the heroine before her innocence is revealed? Thanks!

Yeah, it's resolved. The ex has a baby with this other guy the ML knows and the FL gave the SML money because the SML chose to leave so he wouldn't hinder the lead's relationship anymore and cause problems. Some of them he intentionally caused and some were misunderstandings.

Two of my recommendations that I think would fit your request the best happen to be quite lengthy dramas. Sorry. XD 

Smile, You This seriously has the most steadfast male lead I've ever seen. Even when the female lead does something questionable or something that annoys/bothers him, he never waivers. He may get upset, but he knows and trusts the female lead enough that he confronts the issue head-on.  It's a long family drama with extremely annoying parents (like all family dramas), but it's entirely worth it. The main couple is still one of my favorite examples of a perfect partnership with an added bonus of adorkable romance. 

Empress Ki This may not be your kind of drama, but it fits your request perfectly in many different instances. Sometimes it doesn't, but there are extenuating circumstances (like being drugged)   that the male lead overcomes because he KNOWS the female lead and trusts her. The second male lead also unconditionally trusts the female lead once he gets to know her (even when maybe he shouldn't).

Bachelors Vegetable Store This is one of Ji Chang Wook's lesser-known dramas, but one of my favorite guilty pleasure dramas. It's a little quirky and hokey, but the characters and their relationships make it a wonderful story. The male lead is seriously someone I would marry in a heartbeat (and I truly don't want to marry in my lifetime) because he is absolutely perfect. He never once gives up on the female lead, even when he probably should. He trusts her with his all and it really makes this drama a gem. Give it a shot even if it doesn't fit all your criteria.

Hospital Ship I really enjoyed this drama because the male lead is confident in who he is, mature, and able to employ critical thinking and make up his own mind. Even when he's mad at or insulted by the female lead he always takes time to observe her and just seems to see what others don't. He truly gets to know the female lead and trusts his own judgment even when the female lead is being cold/cruel to him. He just completely disarms her and sees beneath the mask and is there for her whenever possible. I adore him. <3

I hope at least one of these recs can help you out! 

Ooh, I love lengthy family dramas that have tons of romance, so being too long is definitely not a factor as long as I'm engaged by a OTP. My favorite lengthy dramas are "Be Strong Geum,"  "New Tales of Gisaeng," and "Family Honor,.

Thanks so much for these recs!!