Any dramas where the hero initially hates/dislikes the heroine, but gradually falls pretty hard and during that "falling" process, becomes tormented by his feelings (shows jealousy, sneaks glances at heroine often, wants to be near her, goes crazy, etc.)? The "falling in love" process should last for many episodes and not just a few -not fun if it's too short-lived. Also, the hero's torment/struggle over his feelings should be obvious and not subtle.

Here are examples of what I'm looking for:

Shining Inheritance -probably the best slow-burn "hate to love" romance (loved watching the hero's torment and gradual transformation)

She was Pretty -this cute vid of the leads really showcases what I'm looking for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUMxn5nOaFw

Be Strong Geum Soon (hit me right in the feels during the angsty moments...loved their relationship development and how hard the hero ended up falling for the heroine)

Sharp 2 -watched this subbed in Chinese, but it has an awesome "hate to love" relationship happening gradually where the male lead really suffers over his feelings before getting together with the female lead (was obsessed with Go Ara and Kim KiBum in this one)

Any more dramas that have this? When done right, it's so much fun watching the male lead's actions/facial expressions...thanks!

• Falling for Innocence*
  • Hwayugi / A Korean Odyssey*
  • Another Miss Oh*
  • Jealousy Incarnate
  • Madame Antoine

*these dramas have a sci-fi / fantasy element that influences the ML's feelings for the FL.

Personal Taste - Just finished watching it but it doesn't really go from dislike but he goes to fl for another reason

AH:
  • Falling for Innocence*
  • Another Miss Oh*
  • Jealousy Incarnate
  • Madame Antoine

*these dramas have a sci-fi / fantasy element that influences the ML's feelings for the FL.

Second all of these, and would also add:

Tomorrow with You (here it was even disdain)

Cinderella and the Four Knights (the show itself was so so, though)

Fated to Love You *

Marriage not Dating *

Oh My Venus (a renowned fitness trainer and a very overweight girl)

The Master's Sun *

You're Beautiful 

I starred the ones that I recommend the most. Apart from those, I would also totally recommend Another Miss Oh, Hwayugi and Falling for Innocence from AH's list. Those are really entertaining shows.

Thanks so much for all these recs! Yeah, even if a drama has everything I  want, if it's a mediocre one without much plot, I wouldn't be able to get through it. 

The more disdainful the hero is of the heroine, the more gratifying it would be to watch his "falling hard" process, lol. That's like one of the best forms of character development. It's the reason why I fell so hard for one of HxH's (anime) main arc villains, Meruem. He went from evil incarnate who only saw the human race as a food source to falling for the kind of human he'd previously harbor disdain for and later only wanting to spend his last moments with her. Sigh... 

Secret- They don't "get together" until like a couple episodes before the ending. ML HATES the FL but falls for her eventually.

A Girl and Three Sweethearts- The ML also hates the FL and she doesn't like him either but has feelings for his brother. Takes a while before they get together.

ShotaSidePart:

Secret- They don't "get together" until like a couple episodes before the ending. ML HATES the FL but falls for her eventually.

A Girl and Three Sweethearts- The ML also hates the FL and she doesn't like him either but has feelings for his brother. Takes a while before they get together.

Is the ML in "A Girl and Three Sweethearts" ever tormented by his feelings once he starts falling for the FL? Hope there lots of jealousy, sneak glances, etc. to make the "falling " process fun :) 

Jess4163:

Is the ML in "A Girl and Three Sweethearts" ever tormented by his feelings once he starts falling for the FL? Hope there lots of jealousy, sneak glances, etc. to make the "falling " process fun :) 

He is kinda stoic when it comes to his feelings. Its like he isn't sure about how he feels cause the FL likes his brother BUT they work and live together everyday so feelings develop between the two... its a bit of a mess lol

a poem a day!  it is currently airing 

Orange marmalade 

ShotaSidePart:

He is kinda stoic when it comes to his feelings. Its like he isn't sure about how he feels cause the FL likes his brother BUT they work and live together everyday so feelings develop between the two... its a bit of a mess lol

Thanks for your reply! Kinda was hoping he'd exhibit more obvious signs of falling for the heroine...

AH:
  • Falling for Innocence*
  • Another Miss Oh*
  • Jealousy Incarnate
  • Madame Antoine

Another Miss Oh is a must! One of the best on screen chemistry I have ever seen and the plot is great too!

About Hwayugi though,it started out great but then turned into a hot mess...So I personally won't recommend it.

Secret is great too.It was awesome from the start till the end  and the acting is top-notch.

There's a thai lakorn called "Kleun Cheewit" and it perfectly fits your description.The hate-to-love transition is really strong in this one and just like secret,the leads have explosive chemistry.

Ali_101:

Another Miss Oh is a must! One of the best on screen chemistry I have ever seen and the plot is great too!

About Hwayugi though,it started out great but then turned into a hot mess...So I personally won't recommend it.

Secret is great too.It was awesome from the start till the end  and the acting is top-notch.

There's a thai lakorn called "Kleun Cheewit" and it perfectly fits your description.The hate-to-love transition is really strong in this one and just like secret,the leads have explosive chemistry.

Thanks, I've heard great things about "Another Miss Oh," so will definitely check it out.

I've watched some of "Kluen Cheewit," but lost interest after I found out that the hero doesn't really go after the heroine with the intention of being together with her until the truth was revealed. I wish he came to terms with his feelings and went after her before finding out everything. I just prefer heroes who overcome hurdles on their own and go after the heroine before the misunderstanding's explained.

Any more dramas like this? I'm watching a daily drama called "Enemies from the past" that has this "dislike to love" theme (hero initially believed the heroine to be a gold digger and harbored disdain for her) and it's awesome so far! I'll have to watch more before making a final judgement -hope the hero falls hard first and becomes really tortured by his feelings :)

✔️ Suspicious Partner 

✔️ Just You

✔️ Refresh Man

✔️ Murphy's Law of Romance