I'll be eternally grateful to anyone who can recommend any dramas where:

1. the ML is never cruel towards the FL and doesn't play mind games or try to manipulate her

2. the ML supports the FL and always considers her safety and happiness to be a top priority 

3. the ML doesn't lash out at the FL and is not mean to her or cold towards her unless

- it's limited to the first few episodes (and doesn't cross the line to cruelty) or 

- he's acting that way for the FL's own good (e.g. to push her away because he doesn't think he's good enough for her or thinks it would be dangerous for her if she was with him)

And it would be a very nice bonus if the ML and FL work well together as a team.

Thank you for reading all of that!

Examples: Healer, WFKBJ (I would've preferred it if the ML didn't call the FL chubs, but since it was a childhood nickname and lighthearted teasing I think this one stills fits), Bromance, the Princess Wei Young, Just Between Lovers, Love in the Moonlight (while some of their initial interactions are almost cruel, they both tricked each other and it wasn't bad enough to stop them from quickly becoming friends), and School 2017

• Kill Me heal me
  • Live up to your name
  • Boku Unmei no Hito desu
  • Soratobu Kouhoushitsu
  • Shopping King Louis
  • Lucky Romance
  • From 5 to 9
  • Strongest Deliveryman
  • We married as a job
  • Buzzer Beat
  • Kahogo no Kahoko
  • 20th century boy and girl

Ho Goo's Love- ML is a sweetiepie in love with a very strong FL

Something in the Rain- ML is a sweetiepie that only has eyes for his noona

Beautiful Gong Shim- Quirky ML, he teases her at first but is never mean and also falls in love first and very quickly. 

Because This is My First Life- He comes across as aloof but is never mean. 

Fight For My Way- Friends to lovers, he teases her but is never mean. 

Flower Boy Next Door- Sweetest ML out there. She's extremely introverted so his cheery outgoing personality is perfect for her. 

Hear Me- It's a Taiwanese movie but I recommend it because the ML is just so so sweet. Watch it for a sweet romance with a little plot twist. 

I Hear Your Voice- Since I know you like I Need Romance 3. This is another noona romance and the ML is a little sour towards her at first (they meet again and she's not the person he used to know) but he sweetens right away. 

Introverted Boss- He's extremely introverted but her cheery personality helps him out of his shell.

Kill Me, Heal Me- The ML has multiple personalities but the main one is sweet and shy and introverted. She's a psychiatrist.

My Only Love Song- Time travel romance. 

Oh My Venus- They don't get along at first but he's never mean.  He helps her a lot. 

Page Turner- Sweet short drama with sweet ML. 

Queen In Hyun's Man- One of my favorite MLs, sweet and smart. 

Shopping King Louie- Puppy love. 

The Package- This one is really funny. The ML is super awkward is always gets into the most unbelievable situations. i.e. getting himself stuck in a chastity belt xD

Well, there's only one to watch right now and that's Something in the Rain.

Second:

This is my First Life

Fight for my Way

Would add:

On the Way to the Airport

My Mr. Mermaid

So many recs! I've added a bunch of titles to my PTW list and you guys reminded me of some great dramas that were already in my PTW that I should try. Thank you!!

Nymphadora:
Since I know you like I Need Romance 3

I really do ^^ The ML was just fantastic. You're the best for remembering!

AH:
I really do ^^ The ML was just fantastic.

They are similar in that the ML only has eyes for her and she's a career woman with no time for him. This one has the element of fantasy since the ML reads minds.

Definitely the flame’s daughter :) the main lead has every qualities you are looking for :)

I need romance 3 - while he was billed as second lead, to me he’s every part ML (but every article I saw said he’s second, so who knows!) you see more of him anyway!

What everyone said above....and will add currrently airing That Man Oh Soo  (aka Evergreen)

I triple  the notion:  Something in the Rain...

JoanneSmith:

What everyone said above....and will add currrently airing That Man Oh Soo  (aka Evergreen)

I triple  the notion:  Something in the Rain...

Everyone seems to be talking about Something in the Rain these days. I heard that there is an issue with the subtitles, though. Has it been resolved? 

Wanna add:

• Romance centered dramas
    • In Time With you
    • Happy and Love Forever
    • Love Around
    • Soulmate
    • Eccentric Daughter-in-Law
    • Long Vacation
    • My Queen / Witch's Romance
    • That Fool
    • What's Up Fox
    • One More Happy Ending
    • My Husband Oh Jakdoo
  • Coming of age Genre
    • G[irls Generation 1979
    • Sprout
    • Revenge Note / Sweet Revenge
    • Kingyo Club
    • Wild Chives and Soy Bean Soup
    • Dream High
  • Historical/Supernatural genre
    • Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms
    • King's Daughter Seo Baekhyang
    • Ballad of Seodong
    • Queen Inhyun's Man
  • Family Drama with a great romance 
    • Ugly Alert
    • Glorious Days
    • Wuri's House
    • All About Mom
    • Smile You
    • Lovers in Bloom
    • Good job, Good Job
 Linus:

Everyone seems to be talking about Something in the Rain these days. I heard that there is an issue with the subtitles, though. Has it been resolved? 

Big FAT NO.   they are coming out sporadically.    It apparently is now picked up by netflix but not by usa and candada.  Some folks are getting relief, but not me.    The subs that are being posted on the free streaming sites are a re-translation from indonesian subs.   So,  its not a cool situation.   They are coming out more timely now...maybe a day or two or three later, regardless.    Thing is,  for those of us that broke down and watched the first couple eps RAW (because it took a couple weeks for the first subs), there is just no turning back.   Its just THAT good.     You can either join the crazy club or wait till the show is over.   There are one or two sites that are posting english recaps scene by scene, so that is the saving grace for those watching it RAW.   (site:  Drama Milk)   LOL   Hope that helps!

p.s.  did u watch the new Siege in Fog eps??

I watch mostly Japanese dramas but I still want to contribute

• Andante- I found the ml to be a jerk but he wasn't towards the fl
  • Innocent Love
  • Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake
  • Lipstick
  • Secret Love Affair- the hubsand is a jerk but the ml isn't

You would absolutely love fight for my way! The FL and ML are best so there's no chance of him being cruel to her. Also this drama is very light and funny! I hope you like it!