I've noticed this plot tends to be used for the second female lead in dramas, but are there any where it's the female lead who does it? She leaves to pursue her dream or something while coldly leaving the male lead. She regrets it and tries to win him back. In the end she does.

✔️ Fight My Way 

✔️ Suspicious Partner 

✔️ Legend of the Blue Sea 

✔️ 15 Years Waiting for Migratory Birds 

Stevie70:

✔️ Fight My Way 

✔️ Suspicious Partner 

✔️ Legend of the Blue Sea 

✔️ 15 Years Waiting for Migratory Birds 

The first 2 you listed are not the FL.

fearmeiamfree:

The first 2 you listed are not the FL.

both couples were separated for a few years and meet again and  date..... in Suspicious Partner she pursues him after being gone for 3 years 

Stevie70:

both couples were separated for a few years and meet again and  date..... in Suspicious Partner she pursues him after being gone for 3 years 

But I am specifically asking for the FEMALE LEAD, not the SECOND FEMALE LEAD.

Cunning single woman ? I havent watch it but the story is what you are looking for...

5fangirl:

Cunning single woman ? I havent watch it but the story is what you are looking for...

Agreed, try watching cunning single lady. She left her husband but now she's trying to win him back because he became successful. Its a good drama.

yep, cunning single lady is  what you are looking for. I have watched it and its a pretty good drama. 

MY SUNSHINE, totally fits this plot.

Anyway here are some suggestion, but All cases are off FL leaving ML and coming back after years, though FLs did not come back regretting the time they left or to try to win over the guy. The leads just ended up meeting even though they not mean it to happen. And most of these cases are still has the ML chasing after the FL after meeting again:

• Wild chives and Soy Bean Soup
  • The Beauty or the Beast
  • Discovery of Romance
  • Single Wife
  • Will It Snow for Christmas