Doesn’t have to be romantic or anything, just a drama where a skilled female lead saves the people she cares about ....

Say for e.g. Doctor X where daimon saves people... or gokusen where yankumi saves her students from bad people in society.... etc.

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon. Not quite an action drama, but FL tends to save many from trouble. A cute rom-com, indeed

• Spy Myungwol
  • King 2 Hearts
  • Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy
  • Wild Romance - but a very disappointing drama

hmm ok when I thing strong female leads
Physical 

1. yankee-kun to Megane-chan
  2. Gokusen
  3. Moon River

Psychological

1. Tempest
  2. Yae no Sakura

Determined (borderline stalker)

1. Itazura na kiss
  2. Ashi girl

This is just off the top of my head and I left off the medical ones the Like Midnight sun and 1 liter of tears.

Saves/Protects ML from physical danger:

• Mask | She's pretty much the protagonist of the show, so it falls to her to protect the (often oblivious) ML from the dangers surrounding him.  
  • Strong Woman Da Bong Song | She becomes his bodyguard.
  • Mirror of the Witch | She's a powerful witch and deals with the threats surrounding them head-on.

Saves/Protects ML emotionally:

• Protect the Boss | She's the ML secretary/bodyguard but most of the time she's protecting him emotionally more than physically. Full disclosure: I didn't finish this one because the plot and love-triangle dragged (I have a low tolerance for long love triangles).
  • Heal me, Kill me | She's a psychologist who helps him piece his personality back together (when it shattered into a multiple personality disorder).
  • Come and Hug me | She becomes something of a safe haven for the ML.
  • Fight For My Way | She's also a source of comfort and strength for the ML. Highly recommend this one.  
  • It's Okay, That's Love | Similar to Heal me, Kill me. FL is a psychologist who helps the ML deal with some issues.
  • Just Between Lovers | Similar to come and hug me, FL becomes a source of comfort for the emotionally scarred ML.

Not constant throughout the show, but with plots/arcs/scenes where FL saves/protects the ML either physically or emotionally:

• The Princess' Man | Full disclosure, the FL is mostly very passive and even when she "makes decisions" there's hardly any changes/consequences to the plot. Which means she throws tantrums without having a plan...
  • A Korean Odyssey | The plot is all over the place, but she does end up protecting the ML at some point during the story.
  • Are You Human Too? | She has times/scenes where she protects the ML.
  • While You Were Sleeping  | FL protects people in general (some close people, but most are strangers), since she's able to see when people will die through dreams.

+1 for Legend of Fuyao and Lost Love in Times!

✔️ Shopping King Louie 

✔️ Black 

✔️ While You Were Sleeping 

✔️ Hwayugi (saves humans) 

✔️ Sketch (saves victims of crime)

✔️ Imperial Doctress

✔️ Caught in the Heartbeat 

✔️ Master's Sun 

✔️ Huntresses (movie.. Fights bad guys)

✔️ miss Hammurabi (fights injustice and sexism at work) 

Princess'  Man ❤️

HIT & Secret Forest both feature highly competant female cops who frequently save those around them. Angry Mom and Queen Seondeok would also both fit this, although in very different ways.