Hi MDL!!!
I'm back, and this time I'm asking the community what your top 5 revenge dramas and movies are as this happens to be one of my favourite themes. 

1. Kenja no Ai
  2. Confessions
  3. Golden Empire
  4. Boku no Yabai Tsuma 
  5. Avengers Social Club
 ShotaSidePart:
  1. Kenja no Ai
  2. Confessions
  3. Golden Empire
  4. Boku no Yabai Tsuma 
  5. Avengers Social Club

I was hoping you would respond since you have an impressive watched list. #1, 2, and 4 sound really interesting. Thank you so much for the recommendations.

• A Man's Story (personal favorite revenge drama)
  • Bridal Mask (has a definite theme of revenge, I would not quite call it a "revenge drama" but since it's a major element I'm including it)
  • Master: God of Noodles (much better than either of the really stupid titles it goes by)
  • Shark (lost some steam but still entertaining)
  • Zeni Geba (just watched this recently, and even though I thought the revenge aspect was kind of weak, it was still an interesting watch)

Here are some movie recommendations.  Each title is followed by my personal rating out of 10.

Japan
There are lots of samurai revenge movies, so I'm just including my two favorites, Harakiri and Shura.
Harakiri 10/10 (everyone should watch it, it's a masterpiece)
Shura 9/10
Kuroneko 8.5/10
Confessions 8/10
Lady Snowblood 8/10
An Actor's Revenge 8/10
Soseiji 7.5/10

South Korea
Oldboy 9/10
A Bittersweet Life 7.5/10
I've heard good things about The Man From Nowhere but I haven't watched it yet.

Hong Kong
Many martial arts movies and heroic bloodshed movies are at least partially about revenge (The Killer is heroic bloodshed and the other 3 are martial arts).
The Killer 9/10
The Eight Diagram Pole Fighter 8.5/10
Crippled Avengers 8/10
Fist of Fury 7.5/10
Intimate Confessions of a Chinese Courtesan 7.5/10 (I can't find it on MDL)

Tough to narrow it down to 5, but here goes:

Dramas:

• Nirvana in Fire
  • Kenjo No ai
  • Hundred Million stars Falling From The sky
  • Lucifer/The Devil
  • A Story of a Man
  • Honorable Mentions:
    • Money Flower
    • Miss Mermaid
    • Ouroburus

Movies

• Oldboy
  • Sympathy for Lady Vengence
  • Confessions
  • Terror Live
  • Shutter

Oops, I missed that the OP was asking for a top 5.  Here's my top 5 revenge movies:
1. Harakiri
2. Shura
3. The Killer
4. Oldboy
5. Kuroneko

I think I've only watched 2 revenge dramas, but both are good:
1. Nirvana in Fire
2. The Bund

Movies:

Oldboy (probably the most famous revenge movie)

Lady Vengeance 

Confessions (must watch)

I saw the devil

Series:

Ouroboros

Avengers social club (great series with really good balance)

zeamays:
  • A Man's Story (personal favorite revenge drama)
  • Bridal Mask (has a definite theme of revenge, I would not quite call it a "revenge drama" but since it's a major element I'm including it)
  • Master: God of Noodles (much better than either of the really stupid titles it goes by)
  • Shark (lost some steam but still entertaining)
  • Zeni Geba (just watched this recently, and even though I thought the revenge aspect was kind of weak, it was still an interesting watch)

Thank you so much for all of these recommendations. I'm really looking forward to watching Zeni Geba. 

mjf314:

Here are some movie recommendations.  Each title is followed by my personal rating out of 10.

Japan
There are lots of samurai revenge movies, so I'm just including my two favorites, Harakiri and Shura.
Harakiri 10/10(everyone should watch it, it's a masterpiece)
Shura 9/10
Kuroneko 8.5/10
Confessions 8/10
Lady Snowblood 8/10
An Actor's Revenge 8/10
Soseiji 7.5/10

South Korea
Oldboy 9/10
A Bittersweet Life 7.5/10
I've heard good things about The Man From Nowhere but I haven't watched it yet.

Hong Kong
Many martial arts movies and heroic bloodshed movies are at least partially about revenge (The Killer is heroic bloodshed and the other 3 are martial arts).
The Killer 9/10
The Eight Diagram Pole Fighter 8.5/10
Crippled Avengers 8/10
Fist of Fury 7.5/10
Intimate Confessions of a Chinese Courtesan 7.5/10 (I can't find it on MDL)

Thank you, thank you for all of these recommendations. They all sound really good. And don't worry, I appreciate that you provided me with more than five dramas and movies. 

Czakhareina:

Tough to narrow it down to 5, but here goes:

Dramas:

• Nirvana in Fire
  • Kenjo No ai
  • Hundred Million stars Falling From The sky
  • Lucifer/The Devil
  • A Story of a Man
  • Honorable Mentions:
    • Money Flower
    • Miss Mermaid
    • Ouroburus

Movies

• Oldboy
  • Sympathy for Lady Vengence
  • Confessions
  • Terror Live
  • Shutter

I knew limiting to just  five would be difficult, but I figured users would only suggest the best of the best to me :) 

I had no idea that One Million Stars Falling from the Sky was a revenge drama. I kept pushing it back on my watch list, but now that I know I'll move it up on my list. Thank you so much for all of these recommendations. I really appreciate it.  

Ackery:

Movies:

Oldboy (probably the most famous revenge movie)

Lady Vengeance 

Confessions (must watch)

I saw the devil

Series:

Ouroboros

Avengers social club (great series with really good balance)

Thank you for replying to this thread and recommending me all of these movies and dramas. Seems that Oldboy, Ouroboros, and Avengers Social Club are very popular around here, and I can't wait to watch them. 

• Maou – the best suspense drama ever! 
  • The quiz show 2 – it’s about a Quiz show were they ask the contestants very personal questions in order to reveal their deepest secrets
  • Ryusei no Kizuna – a revenge drama about 3 siblings who look for the killer of their parents before the statute of limitations ends
  • Kurosagi – it’s about a swindler who targets swindlers due to his personal vendetta
  • Cross - medical revenge drama, good story and characters. 
  • Innocent guy - this one has romance & reveneg, so if you don't mind romance mixed up within the story this is a good recommendation. 

I remembered 2 more revenge movie that I like:

The Bad Sleep Well 8.5/10

The Salesman 8.5/10
This one isn't on MDL because it's Iranian.