This is something new I’ve been into, ever since binging “My Girlfriend is a Gunimho” and “Fox in the Screen”.  Had seen also “Legend of the blue Sea”, but hadn’t quite liked it as much as the previous 2.

I don’t care whether it’s a modern FL or ML freeing spirits or demons or even gods or fairies, but what’s important is a present day FL or ML freeing them and thence they or he/she to repay him/her, has to become their romantic partners and do everything they can to win their love. At first, ML or FL is annoying by them, but gradually fall for them. I love supernatural romances. Even vampires are ok. I’ve tried to google them, but hadn’t known which key words to use.  Please help thanks.

-Korean Odyssey literally the ML is a God and the girl helped him to escape he told her he ll help her but he lied
-Behind your smile along with the events she wrote him notes she ll do wtever he wants
-The Undateables she signed a  blank oath as exchange to be helped  by the HOT Nam Goongmin in her work

A Chinese Ghost Story is exactly what you described, and it's one of the best HK movies of the 80s.

Here are some more movies about a romance between a human and a supernatural being (but not all of them have the "freeing" element that you asked for).  Czechoslovakia made a lot of good supernatural romance movies.

La belle et la bête (1946, France)
Carodejuv ucen (1978, Czechoslovakia)
Panna a netvor (1978, Czechoslovakia)
Malá morská víla (1976, Czechoslovakia)
How to Drown Dr. Mracek, the Lawyer (1975, Czechoslovakia)
Portrait of Jennie (1948, US)
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (1947, US)
The Shape of Water (2017, US)

+1 La Belle et la Bete, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, and The Shape of Water

• Frankenstein No Koi: female lead helps break male lead out of isolation
  • An Oriental Odyssey: female lead saves male lead from slavery