Hi all! Would like to look for some drama recommendations. I can understand Cantonese, so  recommendations for Hong Kong/ Cantonese drama are welcomed too.

Prefer :

• HISTORICAL (anything before  or during the Qing dynasty)
  • Lots of action (although not necessary to  be in the wuxia genre)
  • No palace/ harem based (political is ok, just not those scheming between the consorts)
  • Decent storyline/ plot
  • Good acting

Here is the list of dramas which I enjoy a lot, if this helps:

• Nirvana in Fire
  • The Vigilantes in Mask (Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei)
  • Bloody Romance

Thanks in advance!

The Story Of Ming Lan

Heaven realm based kind, with magic and cultivations:

Ashes of Love [Though it is a fight for a girl between the two princes,major plot twists]
Ten Miles Of Peach Blossom [Having to go through 3 different lives, Moral trial etc, to fall in love with the same person]

Just a normal historical show:
The Eternal Love Season 1/2 [Time travelling]

Princess Weiyoung [Hiding a secret identity, Reel to Real love]

• Heavenly Sword and Dragon Slaying Saber, 2019 version 
  • Nirvana in Fire 2
  • The Story of Ming Lan
  • Singing All Along
  • The Rise of Phoenixes
 dramelu:

The Story Of Ming Lan

Feng Shao Feng and Zhu Yi Long..... The casting of this show looks good. Thanks for the recommendation!

dxnette:

Heaven realm based kind, with magic and cultivations:

Ashes of Love [Though it is a fight for a girl between the two princes,major plot twists]
Ten Miles Of Peach Blossom [Having to go through 3 different lives, Moral trial etc, to fall in love with the same person]

Just a normal historical show:
The Eternal Love Season 1/2 [Time travelling]

Princess Weiyoung [Hiding a secret identity, Reel to Real love]

Finished TMOPB, good love story. Tried AOL and Princess Weiyoung but both were not my cup of tea. May give The Eternal Love a try. Thank you for the list!

Estelll:
  • Heavenly Sword and Dragon Slaying Saber, 2019 version 
  • Nirvana in Fire 2
  • The Story of Ming Lan
  • Singing All Along
  • The Rise of Phoenixes 

Tried both HSDS and Singing All Along but dropped.  

Watched the first few episodes of The Rise of Phoenixes and found it very good, especially Chen Kun's acting and  the storyline.

May try out NiF 2 and The Story of Ming Lan. Thanks!

Captain of Destiny
Fox in the Screen
An Oriental Odyssey

The Advisor's Alliance - that's the only one from my list that's actual history. Action scenes aren't that great, but politics is awesome. 

The Rise of Phoenixes that's in your on-hold

Nirvana in Fire 2

Ever Night - it's xianxia though 

The Dark Lord 

Succession War - cantonese drama, it's not TOO great but it's entertaining enough and I didn't drop it. Ruco Chan is doing quite good here 

Sonme:

Captain of Destiny
Fox in the Screen
An Oriental Odyssey

Completed Captain of Destiny, a good one indeed.  Fox in the Screen sounds interesting based on its synopsis, may give it a try. Same goes to An Oriental Odyssey. Thanks for the recommendations!

Haeju:

The Advisor's Alliance - that's the only one from my list that's actual history. Action scenes aren't that great, but politics is awesome. 

The Rise of Phoenixes that's in your on-hold

Nirvana in Fire 2

Ever Night - it's xianxia though 

The Dark Lord 

Succession War - cantonese drama, it's not TOO great but it's entertaining enough and I didn't drop it. Ruco Chan is doing quite good here 

I've watched a few episodes of The Advisor's Alliance  because it is aired by one of the local tv stations. However, it didn't interests me much, that's why I didn't pick that up.  

Will definitely continue watching The Rise of Phoenixes and may start NiF 2 / Ever Night / The Dark Lord.

As for Succession War, I've watched half of the series, then I dropped it. Acting was pretty good but the plot is lacking. Thank you for the list!