Is there any Asian dramas you can recommend me where the main character, preferably male as I like to watch their journey more, is in any way either:
- traumatized / dealing with a pain from the past/ broken
- dealing with corruption/unfairness in society
I recently decided that I want to watch something dark, where the main character has to deal with a lot of heavy stuff, which will make me sympathize with them, so they should also be kind. Some dramas like that I really enjoyed as an example are:
- Come and hug me (where he deals with the tragedy and his father's influence, and guilt)
- Missing You (where the MC deals with pain from the past and a bad family)
- Remember: War of the son ( where MC deals with power, corruption, and unfair treatment of his father)
What's wrong with Secretary Kim - Both leads were kidnapped as children. The male lead had was held for days while the female lead was held for a few hours. Eventually the male lead has to watch the kidnapper (this woman) hang herself and then he has to crawl into the room where she is (he's tied up) and get a tool to free him and the female lead.