Seeking Asian dramas or movies involving a character who either voluntarily checks into a mental hospital or is involuntarily confined to one.   Examples include "I'm a Cyborg," "Incarnation of Money, " It's Okay, That's Love," "Insane," and "I am Happy Now."  Please and thank you!

Not a perfect fit but perhaps:

Hope All Is Well With Us - FL has depression. At one point she ends up in hospital briefly and throughout the drama she often visits a psychologist for treatment.

From Survivor to Healer - I haven't seen this one, but I know it deals with mental health and hospitals. The leads are mental health doctors & I think one of them suffers from some sort of mental health issue, hence the title.

it happened once in Spring Turns to Spring but that only lasted for 1 episode? (can't remember now) 

and A Hundred Year Legacy

Shoot My Heart includes both of your descriptions :)

Not really what you are looking for but still on the side of mental issues:

• The world between Us - this doesn't have people going into mental institution (voluntary or otherwise) or seeking psychiatric help. But it deals with the neglect and the white washing of mental problems in Asian countries
  • Wake up (season 1) - shows the ML in his psychiatric sessions 
 Czakhareina:
The world between Us - this doesn't have people going into mental institution (voluntary or otherwise) or seeking psychiatric help. But it deals with the neglect and the white washing of mental problems in Asian countries

I'm intrigued by your description of this drama. I plan to watch it at some point down the road, so I'm curious. When you say the 'white washing of mental problems' ... how exactly do you mean? Do you mean that in the drama people reduce mental illness as only a 'white' (people?) problem? Or something else? 

PrettyCarEye:

I'm intrigued by your description of this drama. I plan to watch it at some point down the road, so I'm curious. When you say the 'white washing of mental problems' ... how exactly do you mean? Do you mean that in the drama people reduce mental illness as only a 'white' (people?) problem? Or something else? 

I can't properly explain in English... 

.. But yeah kinda, its thought of as a westerners problem without them really saying its just the westerners issue..... 

I mean it's like this, mental health issue are super (to the highest nth power) not properly addressed in Asian countries. In other words, mental issues are either thought off lightly (depression as just ones way of getting attention), or thought off so negatively (one who is depressed as a mental case). 

Anyway it's a very great drama. Highly recommend it. The ensemble cast is awesome. I wish it were longer, cause I feel like they could have fleshed out the plot and characters more.  Maybe 5 more episodes....

Czakhareina:
.. But yeah kinda, its thought of as a westerners problem without them really saying its just the westerners issue.....

I mean it's like this, mental health issue are super (to the highest nth power) not properly addressed in Asian countries. In other words, mental issues are either thought off lightly (depression as just ones way of getting attention), or thought off so negatively (one who is depressed as a mental case).

Anyway it's a very great drama. Highly recommend it. The ensemble cast is awesome. I wish it were longer, cause I feel like they could have fleshed out the plot and characters more. Maybe 5 more episodes....

Oh, ok. Got you. Thanks for answering.