Hello everyone!

As the title says, I'm looking for a historical drama that don't focus too much on boring politics with the old dudes coming at each other non-stop or palace affairs with snake moms trying to get the power.  Though it can still have a bit of them for the sake of the plot. Preferably with a happy ending, if not, then a satisfying ending. I also really need it to have very interesting characters with great bonds (any type of bonds really: romance (bonus), bromance, family, siblings, friendships, enemies,...). If there's romance, preferably with good chemistry. Can be from any countries, any length (can be slowed paced as long as the plot is interesting) and any genres (but not too much comedy, I'd like something serious).

I know I'm asking for a lot for a historical drama. Especially since the things I don't want in are one of the most important traits of historical dramas. I guess most historical dramas have warriors in it so I didn't want to load the description too much by adding action to it. 

It would be great if you know a drama with a great couple with lots of sweet moments together, great plot with great actions, interesting villains, and with a mystery complex plot that keeps you wanting to know more. But I know this gonna make it impossible to look for it since I already narrowed the searched by a lot. So this last paragraph is only if you happen to know the drama that exactly fits this description (you'd be my life savior if you do know one XD) otherwise don't mind this paragraph.

I think I wrote down what i wanted to say. I'm not a native English speaker so I might not have used the right words to express myself, i'm sorry for that. If you need more specifications, feel free to ask.

Thank you in advance.

I doubt you'd find many historicals with no politics, but Dae Jang Geum is worth a look because it's about a different sort of politics - gender politics. Based on the true story of the title character, it centers on her progress to becoming the first female Chief Physician in the Joseon court. Still plenty of politics, but a different focus, and a positive ending.

Thank you! I'll check it out. I know I can't escape politics when watching historical dramas but I'd like at least to watch something that is not loaded with politics. Or maybe should I see not too realistic. Cuz most HD are realistically depressive. Characters make too much sacrifices imo. I'd like smth a bit different, where the main characters' goal isn't always the power and the throne. And also maybe a HD where the king isn't an asshole. 

Emi1201:
I'm looking for a historical drama that don't focus too much on boring politics with the old dudes coming at each other non-stop or palace affairs with snake moms trying to get the power.  Though it can still have a bit of them for the sake of the plot. Preferably with a happy ending, if not, then a satisfying ending. I also really need it to have very interesting characters with great bonds (any type of bonds really: romance (bonus), bromance, family, siblings, friendships, enemies,...). If there's romance, preferably with good chemistry. Can be from any countries, any length (can be slowed paced as long as the plot is interesting) and any genres (but not too much comedy, I'd like something serious).

Emi1201:
Or maybe should I see not too realistic. Cuz most HD are realistically depressive. Characters make too much sacrifices imo. I'd like smth a bit different, where the main characters' goal isn't always the power and the throne. And also maybe a HD where the king isn't an asshole. 
  • Splash Splash LOVE - Time travel, the king is a nice guy, almost no politics (it's too short for boring political scenes), enjoyable romance, happy ending
  • Sungkyunkwan Scandal - FL pretends to be a boy, a bit of comedy, romance and bromance / friendship, none of the main characters are trying to take the throne and the king is not an asshole, happy ending
  • The Legends - Not realistic wuxia, romance with good chemistry, no palace or king, there's some power struggle stuff between and within the sects but not a lot of boring talking, happy ending
  • The Princess Wei Young - Normally I skip politics scenes in dramas but I actually enjoyed the palace / power struggle scenes that I suppose count as political in this drama, the main couple has lots of sweet moments and chemistry although not very much skinship, the villains were interesting especially in the second half, the ending is a little bittersweet because of a sacrifice but it's very satisfying - I really liked the ending
  • Sound of the Desert - Some politics, but none of the main characters are interested in the throne so the politics is mostly them trying to avoid politics / power struggles, the story line is dominated by a love triangle, there's some fun teasing chemistry early on, later on there's some great steamy chemistry, there are also some sacrifices but nobody dies and the ending is pretty happy

As you said, it is hard to have a historical drama completely without any palace politics, but will recommend you some that have less of a focus on them or at least have less old men lol I narrowed down to only those with happy endings.

• +1 Sunkyunkwan Scandal
  • Arang and the Magistrate
  • Tale of Nokdu
  • Tamra the Island
  • Queen for Seven Days - bittersweet ending