Sony:
I don't agree with this since I usually search dramas I'm currently watching or plan to watch. Yeah, you can go and search for it on your list but it takes a lot longer to go through all the dramas... It's a lot easier just to type in the title. =P 

adding this filter shouldn't affect in anyway the normal search ... you would still find the drama when you type in the title ... having this filter as an advanced search method doesn't mean that you can't search anymore for the dramas you have in your list ... 

i'm just saying ... cuz it seems like some people misunderstand the purpose of this filter ... 

I'm tired of having to sort by recently added since sorting any other way floods me with dramas that are already in my queue or completed section.  I would also like to easily be able to sort by popular or relevance and be able to filter out ones that are already on my list somewhere. I know staff is busy with the vip stuff but it's super discouraging when features that would improves user's site experience get shoved to the side, it's been suggested since 2015....

I'm definitely agreeing with the OP! I would really like the option of filtering out things I've already seen or added to another list.

This is something that I think this site really needs and should have a high priority. I prefer more practical things then eye catching bling blings. Don't get me wrong, I would love me some Achievement Badges, Drama Calendar and different Colored Website Themes but they are not really necessary. I would rather appreciate the possibility of discovering older dramas that I didn't watch yet and are buried in the piles of newer or already watched ones. Probably not all users feel the need for this filter, if they only watched a few dramas it is easy to look for something new with the current filter system, but for someone like me it is endless pages of scrolling thru stuff that are already on my list, that is why I would really love to be able to exclude them from searches. 

I'm really hoping this option will be taken in to consideration soon  (⌣_⌣”) ...  Pretty Please ❤ 

Jiu:

I'm tired of having to sort by recently added since sorting any other way floods me with dramas that are already in my queue or completed section.  I would also like to easily be able to sort by popular or relevance and be able to filter out ones that are already on my list somewhere. I know staff is busy with the vip stuff but it's super discouraging when features that would improves user's site experience get shoved to the side, it's been suggested since 2015....

Still want it...

We just wanted to clarify that it's not that we don't want to implement this feature, but as we explained before, this is an issue with the limitation our search engine or technological. 

Ji-N:

We just wanted to clarify that it's not that we don't want to implement this feature, but as we explained before, this is an issue with the limitation our search engine or technological. 

So what does this mean? This feature can never be implemented on this website? Or it will take a long time until it is going to be possible? I would like to know ... so I can stop waiting ... or give up altogether on the idea ... 

For the meantime, it's not possible yet. But I'm sure we will able to implement it eventually

I second this. it's pretty annoying when im searching for new top rated dramas and only the ones ive seen show up. it'd be great to have an option to filter them out.

Such a good idea. It really needs to be implemented. 

I totally agree to this idea! It would be so useful~

sometime its irritate me listed dramas shows again and again so we need filtered dramas which is fresh for me/particular 

i completely agree with this

I would like to have the option to filter dramas already in my list in and out, so like this user suggested: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/suggestions/33814-filter-completed-dramas-from-search-results?postid=785496#p785496

I often want to watch something with a specific genre that is already on my list but since my list is so long it takes a long time to find something and instead I end up adding more in more new dramas. I think more people with long lists like mine will appreciate a feature like this!

Maybe not remove them completely but we can add an option to remove those that are on the list. Like this, if we're looking for a drama in our PTWL we can find it, but if we're looking for a new movie/drama, we are not bothered by those we've already seen or those we're planning to see later! Maybe we could ask to remove those onlly from a certain list, like removing those in the completed list and the not interested list, and keep those on the PTWL and those on the CWL!

Still really want this. The recommended section you guys implemented would have been cool if I didn't have to go almost 100 pages in to see something that wasn't already in one of my lists. Still sorting by recently added to be able to see anything new.