Yes that would be so nice! I have over 200 dramas on my plan to watch list, and it gets tiring to scroll through that long page to see if any of them started airing :)!

This is a good idea

Totally support this! 

It would also be nice if we can set it so that there is a notification when eng sub is released. Anilist notifies u whenever an episode is released (and because anime is subbed so quickly it doesnt make a difference), then i go immediately to watch it. it would be nice if MDL has that function too.

Is this already working? If so I haven't found it and would love to be notified when a show on my PTW list starts airing.

Please can this be implemented?

This is a super old post, but I would like this as well. I don't always forget about dramas I'm wanting to watch, but I do have a terrible memory when it comes to dates and just numbers in general, so this would be very useful.

Really hope this idea will come to MDL.

As a binge-watcher, I'd like a notification when a drama finishes airing.

Why is this still not possible? It works on My Anime List. Seems to me it's a choice to add this or not to do so. But why would you choose not to.

I made the same suggestion with more details, was told it was the same so I'm just copying it over.

I wish we could have the option to turn on notifications for certain release of dramas, especially upcoming ones. The calendar is great but I don't want to check it all the time.

My problem is that if I add an upcoming drama to plan to watch I will most likely forget about it by the time it airs. To get a notification would be great. This should also be an option for any drama (currently airing as well). If you have one favorite you are currently watching among many (making your calendar cluttered) it's a nice way of differentiating it from the others. 

As clarification I don't want this to be an automatic function for all dramas that are on your currently watching list or plan to watch (that will air in the future), I want this to be extra option you can turn on per drama.

also notifications of new episodes of on air dramas in "currently watching" list maybe? I sometimes forget to check the calendar ^^'' 

This would be so great. I made a custom list with upcoming dramas (with airing dates in the notes). It would be a big help if I would get a notification one of the dramas on the list airs. It would also be a good reminder for dramas with postponed airing dates that I forgot about or don't check that often anymore after waiting for > 2 years.