Okay, I understand, I'm just throwing in additional information that you might want to work on when you are free or find a workaround, it's nothing urgent. Just keep it in mind, that Hong Kong likes releasing their own versions with overdub and different episode count.

Thanks for your hard work! 

If anyone can think of a solution to solve this or how other sites solve it then it would be great

This sounds so chaotic. If we tied it to network only, I don't think that'd solve the issue, right? 

What about adding a "Versions" box (under the Details one).

Some examples for the adding/editing:

• Version: (select all pertinent) - [Original] [International] [Director's Cut] [Network(s)]
  • Split/Combined Episodes (choose one) - [N/A] [Yes: Split] [Yes: Combined] [No]
  • Episodes: (enter manually)
  • Altered/Cut Content: (select one) - [N/A] [Yes] [No]

An example for Scarlet Heart Ryeo:  

Version 1 -

• Version: Original, SBS
  • Split/Combined Episodes: N/A
  • Episodes: 20
  • Altered/Cut Content: N/A

Version 2 -

• Version: Director's Cut, International
  • Split/Combined Episodes: No
  • Episodes: 20
  • Altered/Cut Content: Yes

This wouldn't help with the issue of tracking the number of episodes (if you're watching a different version from the one listed at MDL), but it would clear up a lot of confusion.

EDIT: Would also be best to allow us to re-order the different Versions, in case someone enters an alternate version first.  This way, someone else (adding the Original after them) can set the Original as the first/top entry.

EDIT2: To lessen the amount of space that a "Versions" box would/could take up, only the very first Version could be visible (which would be the "original" ver.).  Under that could be a button that says "more versions".  When clicked, it would open a pop-up window with all of them listed.

Agreed with Hessa and Neyjour.  Thanks for your hard work.  Very happy with MDL!!! Blessings!!!

Neyjour:
This wouldn't help with the issue of tracking the number of episodes (if you're watching a different version from the one listed at MDL), but it would clear up a lot of confusion.

Right, the main issue is the number offset between the different version. We would need a solution to solve the rating, reviews, photos etc.. between the different version.

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 Ji-N:

Right, the main issue is the number offset between the different version. We would need a solution to solve the rating, reviews, photos etc.. between the different version.

Maybe if it is a version with a significant amount of different scenes and endings, we add a separate page, like what was done here:

https://mydramalist.com/15359-memoir-of-a-murderer

https://mydramalist.com/28573-memoir-of-a-murderer-another-memory

The 2 version also has a different cover, release dates, and different rating since more 18+  content was added to the Director's cut version.

That would create too many duplicates and it segregate the content even more

I second this since it just came up for the currently airing My Absolute Boyfriend. Apparently they cut the episode count from 40 to 36 in Korea because of low ratings, but international broadcast still has 40 episodes. So it is confusing and difficult to keep track on episodes watched.

great idea! It's more and more necessary with a lot of new streaming platforms.

Any of this happening ? This would be very helpful. Especially with C Drama cuts, as well as streaming platforms cuts.

Let us know :) 

Hi, not anytime soon, This would require a major rework.

Ji-N:

Hi, not anytime soon, This would require a major rework.

Well that's sad, but I will remain hopeful :)

Yup! If we come up with an easier solution, we will definitely implement this.

I appreciate everything xxmai  conveyed to me regarding this issue.  We discussed the series, ''Moonlight Romance' that's currently streaming via iQIYI in twenty-four 45 minute episodes versus the fifteen 90 minute episodes that aired on Taiwan's TVBS network  ending in May 2020.  

And I agree that the original broadcast information has to be available and obvious.  But after the televised period has passed, it becomes only information.   

Since later and international viewers will never see the series in that format, keeping that number of episodes in the tracking application is impractical and renders it useless.

After the local television viewers have "Completed" the series, it's essentially archived.  Updating the series to reflect the current viewing method shouldn't be problematic.