Perhaps it would be interesting to introduce Clubs, just like the ones MAL has, or Goodreads.

Some examples would be "Kdrama fans", "Asadora fans"... etc

Each member would be able to make a club and send invitations to friends and each member should be able to turn on/off receiving invitations. 

But then again, MDL has the Feed, so not sure if people would find this feature pointless.

131votes
Yuanwei Volunteer Staff

I actually think this feature will be pretty useful.

The (home) feed is for everyone to interact regardless of their preferences lolz but a club is only focused on one thing.

I guess we could also have badges on our profile, somewhere below our roles, to show that we are part of a specific club. Or have the option to show or not the club to other people visiting your profile :D

You're right I guess :) A club would be focused on only one thing that is drama/film related. It could be even a club about one actor or one specific drama.

I really like this idea! (*^_^*)

I like the idea, especially if we have ones for specific dramas/films or actors.

I think it's a great idea.

I wouldnt mind but I do hope other areas of the site can be improved first. Similar with Anilist I dont think there are enough people here and clubs would just segregate people even more at this time.

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 bannie:

I wouldnt mind but I do hope other areas of the site can be improved first. Similar with Anilist I dont think there are enough people here and clubs would just segregate people even more at this time.

As if this is gonna be implemented tomorrow. This is a suggestion. Anyone can suggest one. 

It will take some time until it gets enough votes and it's up to users to vote and the admins to decide which will be implemented first and when along with which things will get improved.

And lol, people are already segregated. This will just make them feel they belong somewhere and maybe have a safe place where others won't judge their tastes that much. Just my opinion.

Yuanwei:

As if this is gonna be implemented tomorrow. This is a suggestion. Anyone can suggest one. 

It will take some time until it gets enough votes and it's up to users to vote and the admins to decide which will be implemented first and when along with which things will get improved.

And lol, people are already segregated. This will just make them feel they belong somewhere and maybe have a safe place where others won't judge their tastes that much. Just my opinion.

No I disagree. I think you should be very careful to further segregate an already very sparse community.  

I like the badges :) and yes this would be good so we can find people easily with the same interest (actors and genres)

I think this is a great idea so people can discuss dramas and things they like and would be open to everyone. People who like romance ones can chit chat while action fans can do the same 

bannie:

No I disagree. I think you should be very careful to further segregate an already very sparse community.  

I understand your point but I think that the only thing that would segregate the MDL community would be if they decided to make it available in multiple languages (that happened to Viki; however Viki is a paying platform so it is a bit different). It would also segregate MDL if you would be able to hide certain countries as to not have access to them.

But clubs would be for fun, just like the feed. Users would be able to send invitations, make banners, contests etc.

bannie:

I don't know what you mean by 'sparse', bannie. There are literally thousands of MDLers on this site.

I have been doing this with the friends only option in some of my feeds so as to not intrude on the public feed.  But clubs would be cool, I do like the main feed it lets me see things i would not normally look at.

I don't know about badges. I've always found them pretty meaningless. I love the idea of clubs though. I don't really see how they would segregate MDL. Clubs would allow users to meet more people who have similar tastes to each other.