Add Custom Lists or Listopia to Home Tab

This discussion has been closed.

For now, we can only browse custom lists through users' profiles or drama/film pages, but wouldn't it be cool if there was a separate sub-tab for Custom Lists under the Home tab?

This is Goodreads's Listopia:

In MDL's case, books would be replaced with dramas/films/actors and related stuff.

P.S. another cool feature that Goodreads has when it comes to custom lists is that other users can vote on the titles in them so the most voted books appear at the top. Not sure if this would make sense at MDL.

And of course, only public custom lists would appear.

95votes

I'd also like to add to the suggestion:

- the ability to save/bookmark custom lists
- browse the lists you have liked or saved
- search for the custom lists

It can be seen in the first pic above.

I would love to be able to search for people's custom lists! Excellent suggestion. 

I Would Rather Be Queen:

I would love to be able to search for people's custom lists! Excellent suggestion. 

I agree.  I just spent quite a while trying to figure out how to do that.  It seems like there should be a much easier to find list recommendations.

I would love to see all of these suggestions implemented...

with the exception of the Goodreads up-voting (unless it's an optional toggle-on).  I don't want anyone messing with the order of my titles, unless I've created a list specifically for that purpose (to see which titles are the most popular).

Custom Lists are one of my favourite things here at MDL, and it would be so nice to have the ability to browse, search, and bookmark.  They're a fantastic way to find new things to watch in specific themes/tropes that we love.  But as it is now, they just feel very "hidden away".  :(

just added 3 of my 56 votes here Also some kind of notification when the custom list is updated. Like the ability to subscribe to it or something similar

This is such a good idea, been looking for it for ages, I really hope they decide to do something like this!

Ceki:

For now, we can only browse custom lists through users' profiles or drama/film pages, but wouldn't it be cool if there was a separate sub-tab for Custom Lists under the Home tab?

This is Goodreads's Listopia:

In MDL's case, books would be replaced with dramas/films/actors and related stuff.

P.S. another cool feature that Goodreads has when it comes to custom lists is that other users can vote on the titles in them so the most voted books appear at the top. Not sure if this would make sense at MDL.

And of course, only public custom lists would appear.

Hi Ceki,  your pics no longer show up but are valuable!  This is a wonderful new feature request. 

JoanneSmith:

Hi Ceki,  your pics no longer show up but are valuable!  This is a wonderful new feature request. 

Thanks! I just updated the first post with pics so people can see what they are about :)

Ceki:

Thanks! I just updated the first post with pics so people can see what they are about :)

Cool.   

And I'll comment here tooo -  i wish we could copy aother person's custom list as a baseline for my own custom list so i dont have to repunch in all of the titles from the other person's list all over again!  Then I can modify/add/delete from there, but it would sure save time!

I also opened a ticket this week about locking down the display of our lists:  https://mydramalist.com/discussions/suggestions/41813-customize-lock-the-display-order-of-lists 

Voted!

Having this feature would be great 

Yes pleasee..... I personally like the way Letterboxd has their lists. would also love if lists could be displayed showing only the drama cover image. They have so many cool cover poster lists and I wish we could do that here, instead of having them in a long list with the title at the side.

I also like how whenever you go to users' lists, they fade the posters for the titles you've watched already, and tell you how many of the films you've seen on that list.

We are hoping to put this feature out this year.

Ji-N:

We are hoping to put this feature out this year.

Yeah!!!