It would be useful if dramas, primarily Chinese dramas, had a tag or detail descriptor that identifies whether it features the actors' real voice or it was dubbed.  These tags can be short for the sake of saving space and named along the lines of "OV" (original voice), "Dub" (dubbed), and in cases where the actors themselves dubbed their characters "ODub" (original dub).

16votes

I think only OV and Dub are necessary since all films/dramas around the world use ODub (because that is the normal practise).

I would suggest adding it like Chinese sites do instead of using tags, because in tags there's no way to say *which* actors are dubbed. So for most dramas you'd be using both tags since some are OV some are not.

Such as here with Sun Li in Empresses of the Palace - the last line lists "Dub: [the two actresses that dubbed her]". Maybe in Cast listings, contributors can add [Dubbed] after a cast member, unless people really want to also be listing dubbing actors on this site as well.

indie fox:

I think only OV and Dub are necessary since all films/dramas around the world use ODub (because that is the normal practise).

I would suggest adding it like Chinese sites do instead of using tags, because in tags there's no way to say *which* actors are dubbed. So for most dramas you'd be using both tags since some are OV some are not.

Such as here with Sun Li in Empresses of the Palace - the last line lists "Dub: [the two actresses that dubbed her]". Maybe in Cast listings, contributors can add [Dubbed] after a cast member, unless people really want to also be listing dubbing actors on this site as well.

Could you give me the link to the site?

Ji-N:

Could you give me the link to the site?

It's just the Baidu page for Empresses of the Palace. Here's another example at Legend of Fuyao's Baidu page. If you scroll to the cast list, you'll see 配音 (dub) followed by the person who dubbed them. <-- in these two dramas, mostly everyone was dubbed.

But here's an example of Ashes of Love. Yang Zi and Deng Lun are listed as "配音:原音" which means it's their own voice. However, some of the cast have dubbed voices as shown.

I happened to recently explore this for The Untamed actually.   I couldnt actually tell or believe it, but the leads voices were dubbed.  In this case they used the same voice actors for all flavors of this drama for consistency  (the live action drama,  the audio drama and the donghua adaptation.  It would be interest to somehow maybe just add them as crew to give them credit that way? I am guessing that noone really wants to know more than the main cast.    

Anyway,  i found out the info about who dubbed it via Wiki under casting:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Untamed_(TV_series)#Casting 

voted!