We need India added to mydramalist immediately, Bollywood movies are amazing and entertaining then American films, their are so many Bollywood films that alot of the people on here don't know about and are missing out like crazy, please add India, so the mydramalist community can get to know Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan, Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Shahid Kapoor, Sidharth Malhotra, Priyanka Chopra, Kajol, Anushka Sharma, Katrina Kaif, and many more out there!

117votes

Not just movies but dramas as well. I'm Filipino, and very very love to have this feature. Some time ago I watched Mahabharata 2013 version because I found subtitles for it. After watching it, I don't know where to rate it or express my complain to stop the slow mo parade. Like what the hell? Do you really have to slow mo like every 5 minutes? Nevertheless, It's an amazing drama and the acting were so captivating.  Aside from that I watched some movies as well. There's this movie I watched from DramaNice which I forgot the title. It's about a prince whose mother was chained in the palace while he as an infant escaped from assassination. To save his mother he have to climb this tall cliff where the kingdom sits on top of it. After saving his mother he eventually becomes the king and participated in the war in the part 2 version of the movie. Can anyone tell me what movie this is? If only MDL includes Indian dramas, I would have not forgotten the title.

I think there's tons of amazing Indian dramas and movies we have missed out. I have always hoped, people catch on so that people start subbing it. I want to watch more but there are no subtitles or don't know where to watch them.

Yep. On a website dedicated to Asian dramas and movies, it's odd that the second-largest (soonish to be largest) country in Asia is excluded.  

burhaaadmi:

Yep. On a website dedicated to Asian dramas and movies, it's odd that the second-largest (soonish to be largest) country in Asia is excluded.  

And while Hong Kong and Japan have alot of movies, India has alot of amazing films.

SuperDrama101ohyea:

And while Hong Kong and Japan have alot of movies, India has alot of amazing films.

That's subjective, of course. I've seen somewhere around 400 films from India, but fewer than 50 of those were released in the last 10 years.

burhaaadmi:

I wouldn't mind helping the people of mydramalist by adding a new Asian country with all of its popular actors and movies including dramas.

burhaaadmi:

That's subjective, of course. I've seen somewhere around 400 films from India, but fewer than 50 of those were released in the last 10 years. 

Yea, alot of Asian best films were made from the 40s to 90s.

@loremar

The movie is called Baahubali.

& slow mo & repeated reactions from the same angle are the biggest feature of Indian shows. Otherwise, these shows wouldn't last 100s of episodes. 

Vishalingle:

@loremar

The movie is called Baahubali.

& slow mo & repeated reactions from the same angle are the biggest feature of Indian shows. Otherwise, these shows wouldn't last 100s of episodes. 

Yes, it's Baahubali thank u.

YES! Indian cinema is the largest national film industry in terms of the number of films produced and the number of tickets sold.

Yes! I would love this! 

There are many documented resources of Indian television and movies so it will not be hard to add the data into this system even by us normal folks.

It will be really great to finally see just how many Indian dramas and movies I've completed and be able to formulate it into a list here on MDL and discuss about it ^_^

Soju:

Yes! I would love this! 

There are many documented resources of Indian television and movies so it will not be hard to add the data into this system even by us normal folks.

It will be really great to finally see just how many Indian dramas and movies I've completed and be able to formulate it into a list here on MDL and discuss about it ^_^

I'm planing to create video called Top 250 India films of all time, it won't be done in till like sometime in 2021, because I HAVE to watch and finish 250 Hindi films, I just started watching Hindi films this year for the first time and so far, i've completed 120 India films.

SuperDrama101ohyea:

I'm planing to create video called Top 250 India films of all time, it won't be done in till like sometime in 2021, because I HAVE to watch and finish 250 Hindi films, I just started watching Hindi films this year for the first time and so far, i've completed 120 India films.

You say "top 250 India films of all time" then say "I have to watch and finish 250 Hindi films...so far I've completed 120 India films."   Indian does not equal Hindi films, and I say that as someone who has watched around 350 Hindi films. Any list of Indian films would have to include examples from Malayali cinema, Tamil cinema, Bengali cinema, Marathi cinema, Bhojpuri cinema, etc.  And of course, "of all time" requires that the list consider the 100 year history of cinema in India.

burhaaadmi:

You say "top 250 India films of all time" then say "I have to watch and finish 250 Hindi films...so far I've completed 120 India films."   Indian does not equal Hindi films, and I say that as someone who has watched around 350 Hindi films. Any list of Indian films would have to include examples from Malayali cinema, Tamil cinema, Bengali cinema, Marathi cinema, Bhojpuri cinema, etc.  And of course, "of all time" requires that the list consider the 100 year history of cinema in India. 

& that is exactly why I think India should be excluded from this site. India has way too many films & dramas & local language dramas that it's almost impossible to document it all. The rest of the countries here, have mostly fewer languages that they do their films/dramas in. & hence, they're easy to document. 

Vishalingle:

& that is exactly why I think India should be excluded from this site. India has way too many films & dramas & local language dramas that it's almost impossible to document it all. The rest of the countries here, have mostly fewer languages that they do their films/dramas in. & hence, they're easy to document. 

I believe it should first start with Bollywood, which is the most mainstream thing that foreigners also watch. Just because there are many states in India with many different entertainment industries does not mean that it should not be added into MDL. Just mainstream Bollywood is fine for now. 

After that, the Tamil (South?) industry in some far future can be added as me and my friends (foreigners) are also exposed to that. 

As opposed to other entertainment industries such as Bhojpuri and such these two are far more exposed to the world.  Regardless, Bollywood (Hindi language) should definitely be added.