Whether it's a small bar on the top of the site informing users that the site will be down at 5pm EST until 7pm EST, or is likely to go down at that time, an "alert" that pops up upon opening the site etc, let users know when the site is going down.

People keep losing article work, edits aren't being sent in, etc, just let users know the time to not use the features, until the site is 100% up, rather than dropping out 

I and many others appreciate that the site is having further work done but it would just be nice to know when not to pour in time into the edits and such and do it at a later time

4votes

Yes please!

We would do this, but we've had no planned downtimes? When has this happened to you?

Skye-N-Rain:

We would do this, but we've had no planned downtimes? When has this happened to you? 

This has been happening consistently for numerous users for the past week. The site keeps randomly going down, crashing and error "site is not live" from around 7.30PM GMT (UK) time until around 11pm GMT. Other users have been having the same issue. We all just assumed you and Ji-N were working on new features for the site?

Very strange! Can you please email [email protected] if it happens again? 

Sure thing! 

Would you like me to collect everyone else's experience or direct them to send an email to the same address? 

Hessa Volunteer Staff

It has been happening to me too. 

Also, images sometimes do not load. I'm assuming the image server/location (whatever it is) goes down sometimes too just like the website.

etherealtaekibum:

Sure thing! 

Would you like me to collect everyone else's experience or direct them to send an email to the same address? 

Just direct them to email support@MyDramaList individually.  Screenshots would be useful as well. 

Hessa:

It has been happening to me too. Also, images sometimes do not load.

Strange. We're looking into it now. We've implemented a few slight changes to mitigate this potential issue, so please let us know if it happens again. 

Hessa:

It has been happening to me too. 

Also, images sometimes do not load. I'm assuming the image server/location (whatever it is) goes down sometimes too just like the website.

We are currently moving our images to a new server.

Some article editors have also had issues with uploading/changing images for cover photos (thumbnails/the one that pops up on home page). Will this fix that issue also?

If it image loading, yes

Did th

etherealtaekibum:

This has been happening consistently for numerous users for the past week. The site keeps randomly going down, crashing and error "site is not live" from around 7.30PM GMT (UK) time until around 11pm GMT. Other users have been having the same issue. We all just assumed you and Ji-N were working on new features for the site?

Did this happen today as well?

Skye-N-Rain:

Did th

Did this happen today as well?

It had a few moments where it took a bit too long to connect to the site (maybe 12 times?) but it didn't drop out at all, I was just writing up a report as it's definitely past the various times it usually stops