Resolved

Feed

I don't know if anyone has asked this before but I'm curious so....

In my feed, I see people "posting" episodes of dramas and they comment about it etc etc

I know this is probably a lame question but how on earth can I do that? I feel like it's so obvious and I'm the only one not able to find out how to do it! :(

Go to your dramalist, there's an 'edit' option for each drama on every one of your lists, next to the country of origin. Click on this. A window will pop up and you'll be able to fill in the most recent episode you've watched OR if you've finished watching, you can choose your rating ... then click on the MDL button at the bottom of the window & and click update.

Go to your feed. You'll see your update. To add a comment, click on the drop down menu at the top right hand corner of the post (beside the timer)  - you'll see Edit post, delete post and perma link. Click on edit and write your comment, then click 'Save'. You're good to go.
OMG thank you! I hadn't seen the MDL bottom in the sharing options! Thank you so much :)
You're most welcome. 

saw this in recent discussions and i have to check if you're the naccu in my friends list coz i know i sometimes see your posts about episodes you watched. then i realized just now that this was posted 2 years ago. hehe

... I still don't understand the "feed" thing.  

And I cannot see anybody's "feeds". Is it sth limited only to "friends" circle ?

There should be FAQ / Help manual explaining the idea...

the Feed is something similar to your Facebook timeline.

Click Home (above), then click Feeds. You would then see the feeds of everyone. 

But if you choose the setting Friends (seen in the right side), then you will only see the Feeds of your Friends that have been posted only for their friends to see.

I hope I got to explain it clearly.

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 MadiHawkins:

... I still don't understand the "feed" thing.  

And I cannot see anybody's "feeds". Is it sth limited only to "friends" circle ?

There should be FAQ / Help manual explaining the idea...

If I'm correct, I see that you have not added any friend so that's why you might not see anyone's feeds. However, I think you should be able to see whatever people post on the Home feeds that is public to every MDL user.

Thanks!
So, I can see public feeds, but still it seems to me the feed board isn't at all connected to dramas/movies added to a user's list (like described by PrettyCarEye above), and with the forum offering topics for discussion and drama/movie pages enabling comments, this looks more like a place where all users can just spout what's on their minds (??), goshh, it's huuuuuge sack without bottom, impossible to scroll down through all that stuff... It's indeed more practical to be used for communicating in closed circles of friends, but then it only turns into an underground means of communication, strange thing I must say, but maybe my problem is I'm not familiar with Facebook either...

Ji-N closed this Nov 19, 2017 09:23 am
Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 MadiHawkins:

Thanks!
So, I can see public feeds, but still it seems to me the feed board isn't at all connected to dramas/movies added to a user's list (like described by PrettyCarEye above), and with the forum offering topics for discussion and drama/movie pages enabling comments, this looks more like a place where all users can just spout what's on their minds (??), goshh, it's huuuuuge sack without bottom, impossible to scroll down through all that stuff... It's indeed more practical to be used for communicating in closed circles of friends, but then it only turns into an underground means of communication, strange thing I must say, but maybe my problem is I'm not familiar with Facebook either...

You also have Friends feeds where you can only see the posts from your friends.

If you want to share your dramas/movies on the feeds, you need to select the MDL share button from the Add/Edit drama/movie (the place where you change it from Currently watching to Completed, etc and where you can change the number of episodes watched).

The feeds can be used as a mean to share your thoughts about shows to the MDL community, share music, news, make new friends, share screencaps from the shows(but no spoilers!). 

In my opinion, it's a great place. And I don't really feel it's that underground. Honestly, for me, the forums feel more underground. :)) I don't really spend that much time on the forums. I just check some things there that I need and that's it. :D

Anyway, it all comes down to what you want to do on the site, how you want to spend your time here. :)

hi yuanwei, yes, you're right, I "discovered" feeds potentiality/usefulness when I thought it out a bit longer...  thank you!