I, and I believe quite a few others would extremely appreciate if you would add a functionality to search by a number of episodes. For example - all dramas with no more than X number of episodes, or all dramas with more than X number of episodes.

This has been requested 3 years ago and in the comments, an administrator said it will be added in the next search update, but 3 years later and hasn't happened. Here's the previous thread: http://mydramalist.com/discussions/support/6413-se...

I don't know what this forum's back end is written in but either way, this should be a really quick functionality to add support for.

For example, now I am looking to find dramas with a lot of episodes, 50+ or 35+, but it is nearly impossible because for each drama with 35+ episodes there are 15-20 dramas with 20 or so episodes, which are short and I do not what to watch sometimes. And to pick a drama you sometimes go through 20-40 of them until you find what you want to watch. So I basically have to go through hundreds of pages just to find 10-20 dramas with 50+ or so episodes for example, which is extremely exhausting. And I might be missing some other dramas with that number of episodes since I never reach it in my search.

So I would extremely appreciate if you could please add this when possible. Thank You.

Edit: Looking at it, easiest would be to add ascending/descending sort by to already existing sorts. Since a number of episodes are retrieved and being displayed in search results anyway, this would be minimal change, few lines of code, 1-2 hours work not more. I appreciate it could be more complex than simply that if you cannot push the feature changes whenever you like, and if you need to add test coverage and make sure no bugs arise from it but still looking at what already is there this requires very minimal change. So I hope this is not an unrealistic request and would be great to see it within the next roll out of updates.
http://postimg.org/image/c285g3u9b/
;) That feature has been completed on the new version of the site we're working on. We simply need to finish everything else before we roll it out. 
That looks awesome, great job and thanks for all the hard work.

Any ideas, approximately, when you are looking to roll this out? Say in next few weeks/months or half a year?
How long will this update take? It has been 2 months now, no news about it.
We're not sure. Last time we gave an estimate, it ended up taking a lot longer. That being said, we're throwing everything at getting this new version out ASAP.  
 Skye-N-Rain:
We're not sure. Last time we gave an estimate, it ended up taking a lot longer. That being said, we're throwing everything at getting this new version out ASAP.  

I see that this has been added in the latest updates. Great, thank you.

However would it be possible to add additional filtering option, by number of episodes, Highest to lowest and lowest to highest?

Also a critical functionality has been removed....

Before when viewing your watchlist, you could see a number of episodes your planned to watch shows had. Now that column is removed. It really makes me frsutrated. I often filtered down what I was gonna watch from my plan to watch list using number of episodes. If I felt like I wanted something long, go for 30+ shows and pick one.

Now I can't do that without opening all of them, and if I have hundreds that's hard...

Added Episode back to Planned list.

Ji-N closed this Nov 19, 2017 09:22 am