1. Is it a bug? I noticed that statistic on user's profile page changed. Why don't time spent on dramas dropped doesn't count anymore? It's a time like any other any lowering the total amount gives a false sense of lesser time burnt on dramawatching if we only count completed shows.

2. % values on the chart don't add up to 100. See here https://mydramalist.com/profile/namopanik or https://mydramalist.com/profile/Jeana (sorry for using someone's profile randomly).

3. Wouldn't counting one episode specials as movies be more accurate? It was suggested once to create a separate label for promo material extra episode specials (or merge them into their drama subpage), so sifting them out would come first. Considering specials a movies is still not perfectly accurate, and some two episode specials are practically movies cut in half, but it would be still less inaccurate then counting everything as dramas.

For example: White Christmas = drama, https://mydramalist.com/20522-drama-special-season-7-dance-from-afar = movie, https://mydramalist.com/22083-binggoo = ?movie, https://mydramalist.com/22145-goblin-special-every-moment-of-it-shined = promo material.

If i understand right... You want to add the ratings of the dropped list inside the total rating? I disagree.

For me, you can only fully understand a drama when you watch entirely. The drama in question could be extremely bad in the beginning but become a astonishing ride in the second half towards the ending or vice-versa (I have some cases that happened with me: Royal Tramp/The Deer and The Cauldron have a horrible start. I was considering drop hard, but after you pass the first arc, it turns funny and enjoyable. Other drama with this characteristics for me is Nirvana in Fire who only begins to shine after the first arc too. Whisper and My Secret Hotel are the same in my opinion)

I have other cases too: Lookout/The Guardians (Started strong but towards the ending the author lost himself and gave one of the worst endings i ever saw in a drama.), Song of a Phoenix (Its very, but very good until the War Arc, after that is a downhill. I only finished for respect for the beginning) and others.

About the Specials.
If is like a TV movie, i agree. I agree too if its the case of a anthology of specials (Like the KBS specials done each year)

But a Drama Special with three or four episodes is like a mini-series, but nonetheless is a drama.

No, sorry, I meant profiles of users. It was probably in the title, but I had to make it under 100 characters.

When you look at someone's profile, you can see statistics of how many episodes and days that person watched in total - or rather that's how it used to be. Since this morning it's not a total number, but only a number of hours spent on currently watching and completed dramas (so for me it's now 97 days & 2600 something episodes while it used to be 149 days and around 4000 episodes with on holds and dropped included). Which is of course of little consequence how many episodes someone watched other than occassionally looking at it and thinking 'what on earth am I doing with my life', but since we have a total number, it can show a true total as well and not some random number calculated from only chosen categories.

Regarding specials: it'd be a terrible hassle to introduce, because someone would have to look at every single one and think where to put it.

Oh. Now i agree with you. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Personally, I'd prefer drama specials not counted as dramas in statistics @ bar charts on profile page. Even at the list page I used to be easily able to see total of dramas watched not including specials, but they have recently reverted very short web dramas into genre "dramas" instead of "specials" so in order to know true total I have to do a manual count. I know it's a lot of work, but I'd prefer short web dramas to have a separate label - @drama lists at least. And I agree, all dramas (on hold and dropped) should be counted in main page @hours spent watching. I noticed the update as well. Personally, I'm not into it, sorry.

I'm pretty sure it's a bug. I will look into it.

I noticed this as well. Glad to hear it might just be a bug.

@Ji-N 
Could you please look into the movie counter as well? Just take a look at my profile for reference; It says 57 movies but there is no count (days/hours/minutes watched).

I just wanted to post this in the forums and saw that someone else noticed it as well. I was bewildered when I found a considerably lower number of total watched dramas on my profile some days ago, but didn't know why. Now today I put some dramas on-hold and noticed that the number went down afterwards. Same for dropped dramas.  I hope it will go back to how it was before.

naw. specials shud be under dramas. 

unless u want to make a separate category for it. 

special and movies are totally different. 

but yeah. the time u spent watching episodes shud be counted before u drop

This! I noticed my statistic dropped down about almost 2-3 weeks ago, but then I realized that dramas on hold and drop didn't count on the total watchtime. I hope it would count on-hold and drop dramas as well as before, please fix this!

It's still not back to before. Is there any chance that the issue will  be resolved anytime soon? I was actually interested in seeing how much I watch in a year and noted down the number of days I watched at the beginning of 2017. Wanted to compare it with the number at the end of 2017, but I can't now since on-hold and dropped dramas aren't included anymore.

Same problem here with dropped hours not being counted. On the Profile page Statistic window I would prefer separate totals: Currently Watching; Completed; On Hold; and Dropped. And maybe an overall All Time total. Would this be easier programming?

And, totals for each category are at the bottom of that category; why not put them at the top of the category, for instance, just under Completed? Much easier to see and use.

Added: Another no-count. If you watch a movie multiple times you can only count it once. It will increment but then reset to 1 upon a refresh.

Still hoping tha this issue will be resolved sometime.

Simba:

Still hoping tha this issue will be resolved sometime.

yeahh I hope so... can some admins pay attention to this problem?! there is nothing change since this thread made abt 2 months ago

Ji-N closed this Mar 14, 2018 08:50 pm