I'm not sure if this is connected to the ads. I have been having issues with the mobile site having disruptive pop-ups while I'm browsing dramas.  Usually it will be accompanied by loud audio saying things like, "congratulations" about some fake giveaway.  It makes me have to close the mobile browser to get out of it. 

Yeah i noticed these too. Emailed our ad networks for them to remove them. From time to time, these annoying ads slip in. 

Thanks for reporting them.

Oh good. Hopefully they'll fix it soon. :)

Sleepninja closed this Mar 26, 2018 01:14 am
Sleepninja locked this Mar 26, 2018 01:15 am
Skye-N-Rain unlocked this Mar 26, 2018 06:26 pm

Update: The ad network has gotten a lot of complaints about this ad and are searching for it in order to remove it. 

I’ve recently been having problems with lots of pop-ups I can’t even browse

Hi, please let me know if it still happens to you.

Hello! I’ve been having pop-up ad problems as well. They’re super buggy and force the page to change.

Hi, we need more details. What browser are you using? Is it on desktop/phone or tablet? And what page

Also, what country are you located in, as this too has an effect on which ads are shown.

I’m in the US, and I’m using the Google Chrome app on my iPhone. It seems to happen the most on my profile page and my watchlist. I can’t remember exactly what the ad is, but it starts out as a pop-up saying I won something and whether I click yes or no it redirects me to another site.

I’m getting them too! On my iPhone Safari and Chrome. Out of, let’s say, ten visits to mydramalist on my phone, eight of them I get redirected to these fake giveaways and no matter how many times I try to exit and go back to mydramalist, the ads keep popping up. 

I live in California, US