This issue comes and goes, for many months:

***  Occasionally, I don't get notification of someone's reply to my comment or post, either in "Feeds" or in "Comments" section of pages....  I only know this, if I happen to see the reply by accident.

***  The number of notifications on the "Bell" , go up and down randomly, this has been happening for many months:

For example, today , I had notifications of "10" replies on the Bell, when I click, the number went down to "7", as the page w/ the comment opens, the number went back up to "8" .   This repeats w/ every reply  I select/open, the number decreasing each time, but also randomly.  Towards the end , "3" was on the bell, I click and see there are more than 3 notifications left unread, I checked one by one until there 3 left ( 2 old ones, see below), as the  page w/ comment opens , the Red box on the bell disappears, yet if I check, there are still 2 notifications there (see below). 

***  Sometimes, although I have checked all the specified notifications, 1, or 2 or 3, will still remain under the bell, although the Red Box has disappeared; occasionally however, the red box remains w/ the numbers 1, 2, or 3, as if I had not opened/checked them at all.    This remains, although I had clicked on that old notification again.

For example, 3 days ago, the last notification I checked, remained there (no red box on bell). The next day, it still remained, but now the last of the new batch remained also.  Today, after I clicked on them all, the oldest, from 2 days prior disappeared after I selected it, but  the one from yesterday, and the last one from today, remain,  although there is no Red Box on the bell.

===>>> Obviously, the important thing, is that I get a notification if someone replies to any of my comments or posts.

Also, I no longer get notification if someone replies to the same post as I.  It could be a newly implemented feature I am not aware of.  If it is not, then that's an additional problem.

*bump* Are you still having issues with this?

Is there a way I can ONLY get notofications if someone is sending  me a reply ( quote) and not a reply just to the thread itself? i am getting too many a day since I  don't know how to just choose personal replies 

Sleepninja locked this Jun 4, 2018 01:23 am
Sleepninja unlocked this Jun 4, 2018 01:23 am

I am still having the problem ... random numbers appear on the bell .... and... random notifications remain, although they are marked as read.

I don't know if i am still not receiving notifications for replies to my comments.

I was having the same issue. I marked all as read (button in the dropdown menu) and refreshed. Now it is okay. You can try once.