Not sure what happened to the old tag system, but this one is terrible.

Is it still being developed or that's it?

I agree.  The new system leaves a lot to be desired.  I fiddled around with it one day, for a couple hours, and finally was like, "Meh", and haven't done anything with it since.  Which is a shame, because I'd love to help out with tags, but currently have no desire to use it the way it is now.  :(

I really don't understand the necessity of the priority sliders.  At first I thought they just set the order of how the tags appear on the page... and then realized that wasn't the case.  I don't know... IMO, a tag is either relevant (added to the visible tags), or it's not (deleted from the visible tags).

Also, the voting for spoiler tags seems to be backwards.  If I'm remembering correctly, a tag marked as a spoiler automatically shows up on the page before all votes have been cast to make it an "official" spoiler?  But in the meantime, everyone can see it...  And no telling how long it may sit there on the page before it gets the required amount of votes.

I have no idea how spoiler tags are handled.  Are they supposed to be "hidden" with a clickable reveal?  Do they not show up at all?  

A way to mitigate this might be to just have a Mod approve spoiler tags.  Someone adds/marks a tag as a spoiler (but it doesn't automatically show up on the page), a Mod makes a decision, and if they determine it's a spoiler it's "locked" in and can't be added/edited again by regular Members.

That's all I can think of at the moment.  And I apologize if I got anything wrong about how some of it functions.  It's been a while since I looked at it.

EDIT:  If it's too much of a hassle, trying to figure out a system to separate/determine spoilers from non-spoilers, an easy solution would just be to make all tags "invisible" by default.  When a person goes to a drama/movie page, they have the option to click a "view tags" button (with a "may contain spoilers" warning).  So basically, a "view at your own" risk type of thing.

Would probably be best not to make this a global setting (set tags visible/invisible), but rather an option that can be viewed / toggled-on for each separate title.

This would also mean no extra work for the Mods (per my suggestion above).

Hi, this is only temporary, while we're pushing out the final update.

We have updated the system, but it's still WIP.

Ji-N closed this Oct 9, 2018 07:05 am