I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I think article views mean a lot, especially because I put some of mine into portfolio and I like potential employers to see the number of views/how viral they got.

I don't understand why the number of views has to be hidden, I highly doubt  MDL authors would be butthurt if their articles receive a small number of views.

Make Article Views Great Again.

Ebisuno92:

Make Article Views Great Again.

lol

We have to start campaigning somehow :)

Sorry for the n00b question, but do article views refer to the number of views of forum posts? I'm confused because some posts have "0 views".. what does it mean?

Article views refer to the number of how many times an article featured on the main MDL site was accessed. This is in no way related to forum post views.

I see. So what is forum post views? I don't understand how some posts have 0 views even when there are multiple replies. Is this a bug?

You have raised a very interesting issue, because it also makes me wonder how there are 0 views of forum posts but multiple replies. I really don't know. Admins' insight would be very much welcome.

enzohn:

I see. So what is forum post views? I don't understand how some posts have 0 views even when there are multiple replies. Is this a bug?

Ebisuno92:

You have raised a very interesting issue, because it also makes me wonder how there are 0 views of forum posts but multiple replies. I really don't know. Admins' insight would be very much welcome.

That is a bug, the same thing happens to article views sometimes, they get restarted.

However, making the number of article views private is not a bug, it was done on purpose.

Ceki:
That is a bug, the same thing happens to article views sometimes, they get restarted.

It's good to know. Thanks for the explanation.

Ceki:
However, making the number of article views private is not a bug, it was done on purpose.

The plot thickens... Where's Komikado-sensei when you need him?!