Do you see the message I've gotten from the user saraswati? It's unclickable so I'm constantly left with the notification of a new message, one I cannot delete or open in any way!

It's been a while... I mentioned it on another post here in the forum but you probably didn't notice it or haven't found out what's wrong yet, but to be sure I wanted to mention it again here :)

It's not that much of a problem for now but it's getting quite annoying since sometimes I'm getting messages or a friend request and I can't know it immediately since there's always a red dot in my profile regardless! :(

Have you tried to delete it?

how do you delete it? I've tried to find out how to delete a message but I haven't found out how yet!

If you take a look at the pic provided where Saraswati is in the grey area, to the right opposite their profile pic you will see a little box. If you click in the little box and look down on your screen you will see a delete selected button. Just press that and it should delete your message :o)

I deleted it but the notification is this there saying I've got 1 new message!

Ok this happens sometimes with notifications for me as well lol......try closing MDL and re-opening it to see if this helps. It does with the other so it may for this as well :o)

Just a thought......have you opened all your messages? If maybe somewhere along the line you missed one that may be what is causing it. This I am not sure about though, other then offering certain ways to fix it without Admin's help I am at a loss. I would check that first just to rule out anything. It will also help trying to locate the issue for them as well :o)

I'm certain I don't have any unread messages besides that one which I couldn't open in the first place. Now I deleted it but maybe it still counts as unread? Idk :( :( :(

That's odd! Maybe try logging out and then back in? 

I tried that already :(

naccu:

I tried that already :(

Aw, darn :/

I have the some problem. I tried logging out and deleted the cookies, but the red dot is still there.

I will look into it but for now, try to send each other a message. That should update or clear the counter

I have the same problem, a red dot , and no unread messages. It happened, when I read and deleted a message on my phone, while MDL was also open on my computer. Then it never updated the red dot.