I can't find the tags on any drama page! and when I search a specific tag most of the titles with that tag are not listed anymore? this was the easiest way to find the newest BL and LGBT content, what happened??? please bring it back ☹️

P.S. also when you use the search, all the titles released since July are missing in the results.

We make a little bit of change so the tags will be back soon for the drama page. Tags will now required at least 1 vote to show up on the drama page. The search should work as normal.

Ji-N:

We make a little bit of change so the tags will be back soon for the drama page. Tags will now required at least 1 vote to show up on the drama page. The search should work as normal.

How do you vote for them?

Edit information > Edit Tags. I will make it more visible soon.

Ji-N:

Edit information > Edit Tags. I will make it more visible soon.

Does that mean that we'll have to vote on ALL tags in order for them to reappear? :/ XDD

Is it possible for only downvoted tags to be hidden? Or an option in our personal settings to show or hide tags by default? Or maybe for this to be a function for dramas going forward (airing or future), and let the legacy dramas/movies keep their tags unless downvoted?

There's such a large back-catalog of titles on MDL, and if this new feature relies on MDL users to go back and upvote the tags for every past drama they care about, just for those tags to show... well, like it probably won't happen? This would then effectively disable tags for most past dramas, since they're just neglected. Not to mention shows with very small watch rates, due to lack of subtitles, etc. And there may be no one around to upvote the tags for some legacy drama from the late 90s or early 2000s that isn't available anymore. Or the titles with extremely disturbing content - someone took the time to add tags for possibly disturbing themes; now it would need another watcher to upvote and prove it's true?

Upvote systems are also abuse vectors - if a small subset of users upvote a false or controversial tag, or make extra accounts to upvote their own tags, etc. What if a user deletes their account, gets banned or flagged as spam? Do their upvotes still count?

I'll admit to being one of those users who relies very heavily on tags when picking titles to watch. If all tags are hidden unless upvoted, I'll have to click into the vote/edit function just to see any tags to help me decide if I even want to see the drama. I'm just hoping there's something I'm overlooking in this new tag system that would make all these concerns irrelevant.

The tags are hidden because of the caching when the user submitted a tag it counted as a vote. The cache should expire in the next 1-12 hours

Awesome, all the tags are back! Ignore my anxiety attack. :-P

It's back now! Thank you so much! and now it's even better with the adding tags and voting system, love it :)

Ji-N closed this Nov 22, 2019 05:00 am