Okay guys, I've rewatched this entire thing for the 2nd time straight after the first time, hoping to search for the answers to my questions. But I'm struggling, so if anyone can answer these for me it would be great!!?

1) Why was it necessary for the Fox Clan to say that Bai Qian had 4 older brothers but only show us 2? Were they ever mentioned in the original book? because they were never mentioned nor seen so I'm struggling to see why they existed if they didnt even come down for the big battles?!

2) Who is Lord Wen Chang that Bai Fung Jiao is meant to marry later down the line?

3) When Ye Hua came for the final battle in ep 57 he locked BQ in some magical ring that no one had ever seen before, how did he achieve this kind of power and why does no one know what it is?

4) Only, cos i watched the final 2 eps without eng sub and my simplified chinese is a bit rusty, can someone explain why exactly YH went into his deep recovery and how he awoke?

5) When YH dies and '3 years passes' is that in Deity years or mortal years? because 3 years in mortal years is simply days in the Celestial palace but vice versa it could mean a whole...century in mortal years which doesnt make sense based simply on the setting we are shown?

6) Why does the 16th disciple tell YZ to never come visit him again?

7) At which point does YH's arm magically work again? I thought it was meant to take him years to recover?

I think that's all the questions i have! thank you if you're able to answer them!

While i go mooch into the realm of nothingness because I dont know what my life has become without it .. or should i go watch it for the third time...?

edit: i crossed some out cos i realised the answer without wanting to mess the thread up, but question 5 is the main one :')

~~I was also bothered about the arm and I read the book as well and could not find any sort of explanation how he recovered very fast.

Another question too.. when FengJiu went to that stone where you can see who are destined to be paired and she could not see DongHua's name there , but apparently you can see YeHua and BaiQian's name there.. it didn't make sense to me.. couldn't YeHua have checked that stone too, I mean they could go through all those heartaches but at least he can see there that they will end up together eventually.. I don't know,maybe I misunderstood the whole 'Stone' thing.And this part was not in the book and just sort of a filler from the director, I hope they gave a bit of clarity.

usernamenotfoundXX:

~~I was also bothered about the arm and I read the book as well and could not find any sort of explanation how he recovered very fast.

Another question too.. when FengJiu went to that stone where you can see who are destined to be paired and she could not see DongHua's name there , but apparently you can see YeHua and BaiQian's name there.. it didn't make sense to me.. couldn't YeHua have checked that stone too, I mean they could go through all those heartaches but at least he can see there that they will end up together eventually.. I don't know,maybe I misunderstood the whole 'Stone' thing.And this part was not in the book and just sort of a filler from the director, I hope they gave a bit of clarity.

Yeah you can see their names on the stone but i dont think it was particularly useful for them until the very end anyway because Ye Hua didnt know Su Su was Bai Qian, and then at the beginning he was okay on marrying her anyway despite not knowing her. by the time he did know who she was really, he already fell in love with her so i dont think he was bothered about whether they were destined or not?

think the stone was mainly as a final ending for the feng jiu love line because they could never be together

I have read the Pillow Book (PB), but not the original, so my answers may be incorrect...

1) Qing Qui is divided into 5 lands, so 5 siblings to rule over each... plus it bolsters Bai Feng Jui's claim that the Fox Clan's line hasn't died out yet despite them not taking multiple concubines like the Imperial Clan

2) The whole Rock of Three Incarnations aspect is not from the book, so this "character" seems to be the addition of the drama writers to emphasise that Feng Jui and Dujin were not destined

3) Ye Hua suspected that the Bell would become active once Mo Yuan returned and that Bai Qian would sacrifice herself to seal it again, so he prepared ahead for that eventually. Since there's no mention of this device in the PB, I can only guess that he made it using his own power (probably before he even went after the Divine Grass). In the PB, Dujin used a cage that he had created himself to protect Feng Jui from serious harm, so it's entirely possible 

5) I must confess that as someone who studied Math at university and regularly teaches the subject, I found it best to turn a blind eye to the passage of time in the drama - the math just didn't add up. Rather than irritating myself, I interpreted the passage of the 3 years to mean: a long time had passed, but nowhere near as long as when she waited for Mo Yuan to wake up

7) I was also initially baffled by that, but then I realised that once the cultivation from the Heavenly Father kicked in (which allowed him to fight Qing Cang and seal the Bell), it also healed his arm. It would have taken him years using his own cultivation 

Hope that helps :)

@usernamenotfoundXX

To close the Bai Qian and Ye Hua names on the Rock loophole, my guess is that it had to do with the dagger Feng Jui created from her own tail - she willed it into existence to engrave their names on the Rock, so it makes sense that it would also give her the ability to access it.  

@AzhureB

you my friend, are AWESOME! thank you for answering all those questions of mine! 

it all makes a whole lot more sense now! despite the mathematical loop holes i'm still so glad you answered those for me! :) 

yayy whilst we wait for the Feng jiu story to be filmed and released!! :D

Not in order, sorry:

I am  guessing that the name that appears next to Feng Jui on the rock will possibly belong to a new character in the sequel. Possibly a second male lead. This is just my guess, though. 

Also about the rock: Ye Hua was already supposed to marry Bai Qian and knew this before he met Su Su. He had no idea she was actually Bai Qian, so him marrying Bai Qian was, quite litetally, set in stone, which is what I think the whole rock represents, yes? ;) Plus, I am pretty sure not just anyone can see the rock of revelation, maybe not even Ye Hua, Crown Prince though he was.

As for all the stuff you asked about Ye Hua...I am pretty sure it was explained, yes? I can't remember precisely, but when he awoke again, didn't Mo Yuan explain how it happened? Also, remember. Throughout the whole story, it was said that Ye Hua had even greater power than Mo Yuan. Or, at least, that is what I recall. 

I think three years pass in Heavenly Years. There is alluding to a long time passing and since three years in the mortal realm would be so swift for deites, it is logical to think it was Heavenly years.

Finally, I, too, was wondering where the other brothers were at. Guess they were too busy in their own lands to make an appearance. :p

@connie1314

Glad I could help ????  

And I totally agree: can't wait for the Feng Jui story too :D

Hi Connie1314!

I'm currently detoxing myself from my hangover from TMPB but I stumbled upon this thread! I hope I can help explain a few things of what I know..

1 - The Royal Fox Clan (parents of Bai Xian) have 5 children with Bai Xian the youngest and only daughter. Their kingdom is the largest of all the realms and was split to 5 for their children, for their parents are no longer ruling them and only spending travelling which is why Bai Xian is the queen of 1 of the 5 lands. In the book, the one often interacting with Bai Xian is his Big Brother (oldest) and 4th brother, unlike in the drama, it was the 2nd & 4th. The reason why the Fox Clan was never involved in the war was because unlike the Celestial Tribe, they prefer to live a normal life and because Celestial Tribe is the ruling realm of all, they're the one responsible in providing peace and quiet and could decide a war for those tribes who crate havoc. Also, one good reason why they change was budget cuts or it didn't pass on the character reviews when they plot down the script!

2 - Lord Wen Chang is an unknown character. He was never mentioned in the book or the drama. His name was only written as the "fated" other half of Bai Feng Jiu on the Rock of Three Incarnations.  But but but! If you would check on Chines Mythology, Wen Chang is a God Culture * Literature and a representation of the constellation and one of those 6 starts beside/under him is Siming. So, I just "assume" that Wen Chang is either an alter ego of Dong Hua or a reincarnation of him as there was a moment that he will experience a strong calamity that could be his end or some sort. Also, another good connection is Siming who is also under Dong Hua. Also, as what I read from forums, the ROTI is not just a random list that anyone can view and check, also, once the immortal who checks it out and sees his/her name, their fated other half will change with a high risk of ill calamity to follow.

3 - During the last battle, Dong Hua already lost his 9/10 of his cultivation, while the rest of the people around them are below him except 4th brother and Bai Xian (though he came late already) With Ye Hua raised and diligent crown prince since he was very young, he ascended to High Immortal at a very young age, younger than his twin brother Mo Yuan. Which is a no shock if he knows more higher level of experience needed. In the book, Bai Xian can easily escape the physical binding of Ye Hua but later wasn't because he also bind her spirit. 

4 - I think you already got your answers :)

5 - Eternal Love is not your typical mortal & immortal series that follows correct timing of human/mortal years. If you could remember Bai Xian being 140,000 and convert that to real mortal years, we might lost count already. And because the setting of a Xianxia series is usually ancient Chinese times, the setting of both worlds will just focus on the "ancient mortal setting" even if a million mortal years have passed.

6 - As Kunlun Mountain has a huge grudge with the Ghost Tribe after losing their Master, it does not seem right and disloyal to his master if 16th will pursue his love for the Ghost Tribe princess. If you can recall, he made a vow in front of his master's cauldron chamber that this would be the last time he will extend his help to Yan Zhi and will devote himself to train and guard the Sea of Innocence until his masters return.

7 - Ye Hua recovered his right arm after his mortal trial. If you could remember, he woke up in Kunlun Mountain because his brother wants to meet him. By then, his arm is already back in shape. I just told myself probably because he spent 26+yrs (mortal) for his trial, it might have given his arms back working (though he doesn't have a right arm during his mortal trial). That should be enough cultivation time for him to recover.

I hope this helps you fill in the loop holes you find in this wonderful drama!

As TMPB book is on Bai Xian's perspective only, I would say the drama really filled up a lot of loop holes and a big plus that the drama was outlined from BX younger age unlike in book that its more of flashbacks, its less confusing! Extra plus is that because BX is a total dense, we can't know exactly the true reactions of Ye Hua and Mo Yuan!

eccentric_doll:
I'm currently detoxing myself from my hangover from TMPB but I stumbled upon this thread! I hope I can help explain a few things of what I know..

THANK YOU SO MUCH ECCENTRIC_DOLL!!

you have managed to fill in sooo many gaps for me! how do you know all this?! haha either way its amazing!! thank you so much!! TMPB slump is still in the back of my mind, i ended up having a massive mainland china binge on all things historical and now ive moved to modern dramas for a while... think im going to revist TMPB for literally the fifth time a bit further down the line!!

connie1314:

THANK YOU SO MUCH ECCENTRIC_DOLL!!

you have managed to fill in sooo many gaps for me! how do you know all this?! haha either way its amazing!! thank you so much!! TMPB slump is still in the back of my mind, i ended up having a massive mainland china binge on all things historical and now ive moved to modern dramas for a while... think im going to revist TMPB for literally the fifth time a bit further down the line!!

You are soo very welcome!

I'm glad I'm able to share the things I know as someone who also seeks for answers on loop holes on the drama/movie/books that i love. Most of these are either on the book or was just quickly mentioned on the series. i usually just notice them on my second watch/read. If you ever do have some other questions, let me know! I dig in a lot of answers to my own questions to satisfy my thirst from this amazing drama!!!

Hi! If someone can answer my questions I will be really grateful. Why is Tianjun the heaven king. What heroic deeds has he done to secure his position after Donghua? Has he fought any battle. What is the past of Tianjin?!

Let it go:

Hi! If someone can answer my questions I will be really grateful. Why is Tianjun the heaven king. What heroic deeds has he done to secure his position after Donghua? Has he fought any battle. What is the past of Tianjin?!

There's no way to know for sure.  However, after watching the series so many times, I have come to the opinion that Tianjun was a contemporary (peer) of Dijun.  They probably fought along side each other for many years, way back in the day.  Either they were good friends at the time or Dijun thought he would be good for the job or whatever (more on that later...).  So when Dijun decided to let someone else rule the world he picked out Tianjun (real name Hao De?) to be his successor as heaven lord (Tianjun).  They don't seem to be good friends at the point in time of the drama, but they are not at odds about anything.  Dijun always steps in to help and Tianjun always defers to Dijun.

Another thing I noticed is Dijun's thought process after the war between the Ghost tribe and Heavenly tribe.  He was way ahead of Tianjun on picking the next successor to lead the Ghost tribe.  He wanted to pick the most obedient, even useless, leader for the Ghost tribe.  Considering how Tianjun always acts around Dijun - always deferring to him and doing what Dijun says, we can probably conclude that Dijun used this same thought process when he picked someone to lead the Heavenly tribe.  Dijun didn't really give up authority on the big picture stuff.  He just got someone like Tianjun (obedient, maybe even useless at times) to handle all the administrative stuff that comes with governing the Heavenly tribe and the world.

Also, notice that none of Tianjun's sons were selected to be crown prince.  Dijun has no sons of his own, as well.  When Ye Hua was born there were the signs that he was "god blessed" and Tianjun said, "We finally have a crown prince."  That leads me to believe that Ye Hua was the next true leader after Dijun - not Tianjun.  In the sense that Ye Hua is the son of the original heavenly father (the true heir to the throne), both Dijun and Tianjun are just holding everything together until he can take over.  Dijun, Tianjun and also Mo Yuan are all doing their part "for the world" while waiting for the arrival of Ye Hua.

Hi! Thank you for replying to a question posted so long before. I had kinda forgotten abt asking it bt my mind has always been curious abt it. I am glad to get a reply♥

Your observations feel so accurate. Especially abt waiting for Ye hua to take over. That is such a great interpretation. I was recently reading the new book in it after Dijun saved the heaven frm demons the immortals or high god's got greedy and didn't wanted Dijun to rule. They selected members amongst them. As there is no direct mention of Tianjun I feel he jst got more votes to his side bg using unfair means to lure them after Dijun left the throne. The one thing that I have noticed is that Dijun doesn't see Tianjun as a friend and he knows what kind of person he is. It's jst that he has no interest in intervening till things get really threatening. Bt it's still a wonder that after such a grt reign under Dijun they gave the throne to someone as incapable as Tianjun. Also, I recommend you to read the new book if you have not yet read. It is abt the past of Dijun when he ruled, feng jui and her son suddenly being transported to that Era.

Again thank you for Replying, hopefully this time you can see my reply too◉‿◉

I can see your reply now!  Thanks for letting me know about the new book.  Is there a link to it online with English subs?  

By the way, I just finished watching the sequel.  Dijun is still so powerful, but also more vulnerable.  Plus, he's adorable in love.  His pouting jealousy is so cute!