I thought it was a really good episode, and there's scenes in the drama where I think it's good to see what other's think. 

I think a lot are discussing online on the shower scene, but there's another scene  that's also important. Towards the end of the episode, Type and No are approached by two seniors who want to take pictures of Type to post online for a fan page. I personally felt that they were invading his personal space, as it was his choice to let his pictures go online or not.  They also went ahead and touched him and then Type went off the two by calling out slurs which was inappropriate. Both sides need to apologize to each other haha. I also wonder whether Thai culture gets involved in this - in terms of personal space  and displaying affection? 

The contrast in how Type and Tar have gone through their ordeal - Poor Tar, it was hard to watch him go by the day since fear has over run him. Type on the other hand although it also holds fear, he also displays hate towards anyone who is gay. Thought this was something that was important to note, since victims of abuse go through it differently. 

As for the shower scene, I interpreted that as him almost coming to terms that he is physically attracted to Tharn. At this point he knows that Tharn is a good person, and feels guilty hating on him.  It's pretty interesting in that he let Tharn touch him and more +, but later on with the seniors a grab on the shoulder was too much. Type has some conflicting opinions haha. 

I'm loving the Kpop guy and his roomie, their scenes are quite funny.  One is a complete busy body and the other is carefree lol. 

And Tharn's friend, can't remember his name its the one with an earring. Does he like Tharn?? Or is that type of friend who is affectionate?

What are your thoughts on episode 3 so far? 

Honestly I have a hard time taking this serious. I didn't read the novel (and I don't plan to, because I get the feeling this is some smutty work and not great literature), but I understand what the author is trying to say: Tharn's touch is "special". Mew does a good job in being very gentle and sensual. Since ep1 that was the concept, when Tharn was touching Type in his sleep, so Type learns/experiences that a touch (well, from a man) can be gentle and enjoyable. He slowly falls for Tharn (apparently because Tharn is so hot *rolling eyes*). How they portray the LGBTQ community is very interesting too though. Those "faggots" behaved in a very inappropriate way. You don't touch people like this and later on they played the victim (!!!). It's also interesting how they seem to have some kind of "status" like you shouldn't mess with them. In Europe we  don't care much about skin color or sexual orientation. I have a hard time imagining that people would be bothered by a post on a university site about a guy being homophobic to the point where they are staring at him like he is some kind of criminal. It seems he has to clear his reputation in the next episode. Like what? It's not nice being homophobic, but most people don't care about that, they have different problems. The percentage of gay/trans people isn't that high either in our society, but I guess in Thailand there are different numbers. While I appreciate that they portray the LGBTQ community in a rather bad light (because let's be honest, there are a lot of people in the community who have lost any sense of reason, like trans people arguing you're transphobic when you don't want to date them, the whole community is rather toxic),  it's a risky move. I just don't know what this is all about. 

Pincolino:
The percentage of gay/trans people isn't that high either in our society, but I guess in Thailand there are different numbers. While I appreciate that they portray the LGBTQ community in a rather bad light (because let's be honest, there are a lot of people in the community who have lost any sense of reason, like trans people arguing you're transphobic when you don't want to date them, the whole community is rather toxic), it's a risky move. I just don't know what this is all about.

I don't agree with you there. I rather have them not have such stereotypical gays but in Thai BL this is often the case: they like to show the contrast between the very masculine, almost straight gay men that are the leading men in the BL drama, and some other minor character who conforms to all the effeminate stereotypes.

Pincolino:
I understand what the author is trying to say: Tharn's touch is "special".

Maybe, or maybe it is as simple as the fact that Tharn is seeking physical closeness because he loves and admires Type, not because he wants to use him. This leads Type to seek the affection and to realize that being physically intimate with another man can be a pleasurable experience IF HE IS a willing participant.

I actually hope that this drama has more to say about consent and love. I await the next episode.

reefpicker:
I actually hope that this drama has more to say about consent and love. I await the next episode.

Nah, this is a lost case. I think about dropping it. How they handle the trauma, it's just not done well. 

reefpicker:
I don't agree with you there. I rather have them not have such stereotypical gays but in Thai BL this is often the case: they like to show the contrast between the very masculine, almost straight gay men that are the leading men in the BL drama, and some other minor character who conforms to all the effeminate stereotypes.

Well, there is a reason why they cast heterosexual men. Most of BL actors are heterosexual as far as I know. They want manly men so the girls can drool over them. Those series aren't meant to portray realistic gay life in the first place, it's more a fetish thing for heterosexual women. I lately saw a fan meeting on YT and the girls were screaming like crazy! I doubt those were all lesbian women who scream their lungs out when a guy is unbuttoning his shirt. But such (gay) people who are all high and mighty and very open about their sexuality and ready to throw it in everyone's face exits a lot. They like to play the victim too. While I have seen such exaggerated feminine gays and trans people in thai series and tv shows, I have not seen how they play the victim like they did in the last episode, where the viewer is aware that this is wrong. So I thought it's rather refreshing, because it is really controversial and like I said, a risky move. 

After they showed us that Type had past trauma and all that , I thought that would have been addressed before they got sexual together.  I found it weird that he was okay with the shower scene , I expected more resistance . I thought that was too quick.

I agree with Pincolino on some points especially in casting actors in BL dramas. However, Mew is known to be part of the LGBTQ community. Perhaps, the way his former partner may have outed him would be a factor. But I already had a grasp of his sexuality when he appeared as an endorser for a gay mobile app. To be an endorser of that gay app means you have to be gay. (For those who have a contrarian view to it, I'm very open for debate) So far, Mew and Art appeared in those adverts.

I support Mew not just about being open about his sexuality but to give a reason for other gay actors that they can still be popular in this genre. The ambiguity of some actors though in this genre is also an issue for me. It's better to be open about their sexuality though. And I think producers of BL shows should give chances to gay actors who want to make it in this type of industry. That is one way, I believe, that they can support the community considering they capitalize on gay romances.

As for this kind of story, I already read a similar story in gayauthors.org like almost a decade ago. But what I'm interested in is on how this kind of story is portrayed in live action on a BL drama. It's a good thing that Mew is in it.

Thandy :

After they showed us that Type had past trauma and all that , I thought that would have been addressed before they got sexual together.  I found it weird that he was okay with the shower scene , I expected more resistance . I thought that was too quick.

Months have past, I think they should have made it clearer but yeah time progressed

Slythe:
However, Mew is known to be part of the LGBTQ community.

Thanks for letting us know! I had heard about it but didn't know for sure. We should be more supportive of guys like him who can show to the Thai industry that you can be a successful BL actor and be out and proud.

This is a slow process. Societies don't change from one day to another. 

In the future, there could be a subgenera of BL for gay men viewers (and maybe lesbian viewers too!)  :)

Other openly gay Thai actors  in BL series are Newyear--who is the main role in I am Your King, which Mew was also part of the cast in the supporting role-- and then Porch who portrayed the role of Bright in Together with Me and Together With Me Next chapter where Max and Tul are the main roles. That's why I am more supportive of those BL shows  than other shows with ambiguous actors. And of course, there's the WTD, in which we first saw Mew with very titillating scenes with his partner.

Slythe:
Mew is known to be part of the LGBTQ community.

Yeah. And it was even addressed in the series by his friend (Techno? I don't remember) that he doesn't look "gay" – whatever that means. I also lately encountered a girl on this site who is drooling over Mew like crazy. Gay or not – he fits the stereotypical image of a HOT heterosexual man. As far as I know NewYear didn't get a role in a series, because he looked to "feminine". I think it was 2moons as Wayo, but I may have got this wrong. 

Slythe:
and then Porch who portrayed the role of Bright in Together with Me

Many people were grossed out by his character (and also by the actor) and I still wonder to this day, why they had to make a real gay man so creepy in a series. 

reefpicker:
In the future, there could be a subgenera of BL for gay men viewers (and maybe lesbian viewers too!)  :)

It's the same with Japanese manga. There is a lot of BL and Yaoi stuff out there, obviously written BY women FOR women. As far as I know all BL novels those BL series are based off are written by women. Together With Me, Addicted/Heroin, Dark Blue Kiss, Tharntype, Yandaixie Street no. 10 and many more. There is stuff from men for men too, but it's veeeeery different. I personally enjoy both, but well, the BL genre will always be something that's mostly done for heterosexual women. 

Also most lesbian works are written by men. It's a fetish thing too. That's the reason why I don't enjoy them much. Double standards, I know. I would go wild for lesbian stories if women would write them. But they don't. 

Pincolino:

Yeah. And it was even addressed in the series by his friend (Techno? I don't remember) that he doesn't look "gay" – whatever that means. I also lately encountered a girl on this site who is drooling over Mew like crazy. Gay or not – he fits the stereotypical image of a HOT heterosexual man. As far as I know NewYear didn't get a role in a series, because he looked to "feminine". I think it was 2moons as Wayo, but I may have got this wrong. 

Many people were grossed out by his character (and also by the actor) and I still wonder to this day, why they had to make a real gay man so creepy in a series. 

Perhaps, they couldn't find a better actor who was  comfortable in doing his role considering he had to make out with different men. A straight actor can't do his role that I believe. If you have a role that seems to be villainous and people find your role to be gross, then you're an effective actor. 

I'm more interested in the art and the acting. Some people can't really appreciate that because of biased views.

Pincolino:
I would go wild for lesbian stories if women would write them. But they don't.

The L word? I think it was directed/written by a lesbian women!

This is interesting. I find the BL stories to be sweet, like a fairy tale. Its like I soooo wish that gay life was like this... That my heterosexual friends in HS were so accepting as they are of Noh and Phun in Friday College (well, in that school "heterosexual" is a relative term), or that my how-we-met story with my husband was as sweet as Arthit's and Kongpob in SOTUS, or that sex was as clean and sweet as it is shown in MIR (well, not with Book and Frame but with Tee and Fuse!).

(What do I find most incredolous about these stories? It is usually the sex part and the physical stuff. Like when you first kiss a guy and you have never kissed, it is such a thrill, you just don't want to let go. Or the first time you have sex with another men, there is so much you are dealing with in your head and your body that omg, I could do a whole post about that. Not a single BL I have watched has gotten it right. The closest would probably be MIR in how Book seemed to have felt the night after having sex with Frame)

It is very patently obvious to me that what I am watching is a fantasy written by someone who has no idea what real gay people go through. But it is a sweet, innocent fantasy so I am OK with it.

Slythe:
f you have a role that seems to be villainous and people find your role to be gross, then you're an effective actor. 

You don't need to tell ME this. I wasn't grossed out. But I felt bad for Bright. In the interviews he even felt the need to explain that he is a completely different person in real life. It was obvious fans had a hard time liking this character/actor. Most don't differentiate between a role and a person which is very stupid. I just thought back then, now we have FINALLY a gay men and nobody likes him :(

reefpicker:
This is interesting. I find the BL stories to be sweet, like a fairy tale. Its like I soooo wish that gay life was like this... That my heterosexual friends in HS were so accepting as they are of Noh and Phun in Friday College (well, in that school "heterosexual" is a relative term), or that my how-we-met story with my husband was as sweet as Arthit's and Kongpob in SOTUS, or that sex was as clean and sweet as it is shown in MIR (well, not with Book and Frame but with Tee and Fuse!).

And that's why I find MaxTul's series to be more realistic(despite some farce contents) than other BL dramas. I find SOTUS to be magical though but it was too remote to be true. That's why it's more of a fantasy than reality. But it is not to say that it can't happen to young gay people. It's just that many gay people are more pragmatic considering the challenges they have to face with their lives. 

And there's where I feel like many of these straight women who are BL fans can't really understand the term "consent" in the gay world. This is where I blame certain BL dramas where they portray gay relationships to be too similar with heterosexual relationships. Like damn, many gay people are too closeted  that they needed to be pushed to really get what they want for them to realize that it's really what they wanted.