kit grouke:
Also I loved the part in ep 50 when A yuan reunited with WWX.

Wuxian's fond smile when Yuan is clutching his leg and telling him that he's too old for this but enjoying it so much at the same time. Awww! o^.^o 

LuckyGirlGwenIce:
Also episode 42, when JGY was telling people that WWX lied to even LWJ about his identity and LWJ intervened saying from the first day he knew it was WWX..

I could watch this scene on repeat all day. How WWX was still trying to save LWJ from a similar fate as his, first pushing him away when they get surrounded and then telling him to claim he was deceived by WWX so they wouldn't dare say anything against LWJ.  

LWJ's immediate "Not right" to JGY and saying he knew from the first moment it was WWX, clarifying he stood to Wuxian from the very beginning and then literally stepping to his side for everyone to see. WWX smiling at LWJ's choose of words sticking to the single log bridge isn't bad and giving him one more chance to step back knowing LWJ won't do that. Then being back to back in trust and fighting together. 

@moonchild Yes yes yes! I don't know much Chinese.. But I can recite that scene's dialogue... While this is the main one... Bits and pieces from scenes leading up to that too.. When LWJ blocks all swords against WWX in that hidden room and when they fly out together.. And the bits from scenes following that.. When LWJ pushes Jin Ling away and helps WWX walk.. The dialogue when they rest against a tree and after WWX wakes up.. The way LWJ replies to his brother with sooooo much trust, "He saw with his own eyes" 

LuckyGirlGwenIce:

@moonchild Yes yes yes! I don't know much Chinese.. But I can recite that scene's dialogue... While this is the main one... Bits and pieces from scenes leading up to that too.. When LWJ blocks all swords against WWX in that hidden room and when they fly out together.. And the bits from scenes following that.. When LWJ pushes Jin Ling away and helps WWX walk.. The dialogue when they rest against a tree and after WWX wakes up.. The way LWJ replies to his brother with sooooo much trust, "He saw with his own eyes" 

Yes. I love the scene where they rest against the tree and WWX said that first LWJ was the only one who scolded him when everyone else flattered him and now where everyone turns their backs on him or even want to kill him LWJ is the only one caring for and supporting him. This line has such a beautiful meaning. LWJ is more than a friend, he really is his soulmate and cares like no one else about WWX. 

I'm in love with Xichen. xD He's the not-so-secret shipper of this two. I love how he always supports LWJ and WWX. When he suspects it's WWX behind the mask and calls him by his name and WWX freeze in response is one of my countless favorite scenes which made me smile. He's such a kind soul for saying that WWX shouldn't take the youngster's fight above him to heart. 

Oh and later when he tells WWX about LWJ and his past, about their mother and more. He trusts WWX and I totally like this about him. 

SuibianX:
Ok, you made me want to go and watch it right away:) which I will do:)

Welcome to the club. xD I'm reading the novel and rewatch the drama as well. Today I also watched The Living Dead and I think I like Wen Ning even more if this is even possible. <3

SuibianX:

I am constantly rewatching and re-reading too:) (in 3 languages):) I haven't watched the living dead yet. I have decided to watch it, but not now, later on... Right now, going to watch episode 8th of the Special Edition!!!

Oh wow. xD I'm only reading the english translation/watching english fansubs. I'm pretty sure I might find subs in my native language but I'm happy with the english ones. ^^ 

The Living Dead is more like an extra long episode in my opinion but it's so nice to see Lan Sizhui and Wen Ning again. Really enjoy their friendship. <3

SuibianX:

I sent you a re

I sent you a friend request after your post, because I cannot count the number of times I have watched that scene. By the way, have to seen XZ interview, when he talked about that scene?

We are now friends! No, I haven't seen the interviews.. It takes an enormous amount of courage for me to follow up on the reality behind the dramas, so I never take that step easily.. I know it's not just any drama, (its UNTAMED!!), still not too easy for me. But point me to links because I know I am anyway gonna watch it as soon as I get them - especially after all this rambling and especially since I can then tell myself - oops, I didn't search for it, it just came to me. 

@moonchild However, following up on sequels is quite a different story. Which is why, The Living Dead is definitely going up on my priority to-watch list!

And yes, I think we can all agree that all of us are rewatching and rereading continuously.. especially when it comes to the fav scenes. While the scene 42 scene is damn good in drama, in the novel, that part is rushed through (I am soo glad they did it like this in the drama ofc) - but of course the novel has many more explicit scenes to compensate (one of my favs there is chapter 87 starting - I don't know why I put this in brackets - just feels like I am confessing to something I shouldn't.. I am weird - I know that too)

Probably the scene where Wen Ning tells Jiang Cheng the truth about his golden core. I think it was the perfect scene in which the truths that Wei Ying held back is finally out, and most importantly, only to those who truly mattered. Like Wei Ying says, it doesn't matter if everyone treats him as a demon if the people he loves knows and trusts him. Jiang Cheng, Lan Zhan, Wen Ning are the only people that Wei Ying truly needs. Lan Zhan's tears also made that moment so special. Jiang Cheng was in pain and in my opinion, Jiang Cheng already knew the truth that Wei Ying is not as evil as he set him to be but only uses that as excuses to hate or blame someone for everything that happened in Yun Meng.

LuckyGirlGwenIce:
However, following up on sequels is quite a different story. Which is why, The Living Dead is definitely going up on my priority to-watch list!

Poke me when you watched it. I'd like to hear your opinion. ;) Same. I can't get enough sequels and adaptions such as the audio drama. 

@SuibianX You too! :)

floweraod:
Probably the scene where Wen Ning tells Jiang Cheng the truth about his golden core

That is one of the scenes that always comes to my mind when I'm asked about my favorite scene. 

I like your thoughts about this. On Youtube I read some comments how Jiang Cheng was a horrible brother and the true evil compared to Xue Yang. I don't want to believe Jiang Cheng was ever harming Wei Wuxian  intentionally and with pure hatred. Within a short time he lost his parents, his sister and brother. He was forced to rebuild Yunmeng by himself and care for Jin Ling. Everyone blamed Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng was often enough affected and also accused because of their relations. I think it wasn't easier for him after Wei Wuxian's death which lead to his cold manner. 

You can see at the scene in Burial Mounds where Wei Wuxian acts as the bait to get them all out safely that when Wuxian collapses from exhaustion he's fighting with himself to run to him. He was forced to keep his distance to him because of the other cultivators who all watched. I think he never stopped caring for what happens to Wei Wuxian. For me it's more like the circumstances forced them apart and made them walk different ways. 

Hmm.. Ya.. If we look at how things happened from JC's point of view, it's very sad actually. 

He grew up with an adopted brother who he loved regardless, his mom kept comparing them and asking him to be better than WWX yet at the same time not wanting them to hang out.. Not completely sure why his dad was like that.. But he didn't spend much time on his son even compared to WWX I believe and he was way too hard on JC.. Probably so he can be a good successor. I think in the drama they also show a bit of distance growing betn WWX and JC during Wen Sect's atrocities.. WWX's antics while noble and amusing must have scared JC who worried about the repercussions of his actions coming back to the clan. Then he lost his parents.. In the heat of the moment he might have blamed WWX.. But that was not long lived as he then voluntarily got caught to save WWX. Things started going way more downhill after he lost his core. But that time he didn't blame WWX at all...? He might ve blamed him for what happened to his parents and clan but not for what happened to himself rt? 

So there was no hope for some time and then there was. He clung to it and survived only to find WWX missing for a while. When he got him back he acts even more weird than usual.. He wants to complain just like LWJ about his mysterious powers but didn't dare I think. WWX is one of the only 2 ppl left in his life and also he had bigger concerns building back his clan which much to his surprise he's doing alone without much help from the person he had thought he would rely on. All these has got to weigh on his mind. After this ppl start feeding him poisonous thoughts... While he believes WWX he's no longer able to defend him openly without severe consequences... This is one place where his decisions if different could've made things go differently... But honestly its matter of how close he is to his limits.. Then Jin bro in law is killed followed by sister as well. There is no turning back from there. 

Only the fact abt golden core and the real culprit behind the deaths could've helped them patch up at least remotely if not face to face. 

LuckyGirlGwenIce:
He might ve blamed him for what happened to his parents and clan but not for what happened to himself rt? 

Did he have reason to blame WWX for loosing his core? That happened because of his own actions, right? ^^

LuckyGirlGwenIce:
he's no longer able to defend him openly without severe consequences

That's true. While he could previously react with an eye roll and let WWX be, he now sees the rising resentment of the sects against WWX and can no longer stand openly on his side without causing harm to Yunmeng. He's really desperate when he comes to Burial Mound to stop WWX in following this path any further but gets turned down by him. Maybe he could predict where this was going and tried to stop them from getting separated to different sides. 

I also think that seeing his sister being killed (not directly but surely by the side effects of WWX's actions)  was a turning point for JC. At this moment he literally pushed WWX away and  probably realized that even if WWX intentions might have been noble and right, he caused much harm to innocent people and needed to be stopped at this point. I believe WWX also realized this himself. 

Seriously, this drama makes me analyse and think so much more than anything else I've seen before. It's giving me a headache. xD

SuibianX:
Jiang Cheng is very different from WWX and LWJ

He is indeed different. I would say he's not as self-confident and carefree as WWX, which likely comes (at least partly) from how he was raised and his mother's expectations of him that he didn't think he could fulfil. 

In some situations he was acting wiser than WWX, though he can be just as impulsive. I like JC for his character and never saw him as a bad guy. When he told WWX to stop meddling in other's business (aka saving LWJ and more people) because it caused trouble he did have a point after all. 

SuibianX:
You think he shouldn't have saved LWJ? Is that even possible? 

That came out wrong! xD 

Of course WWX should save LWJ! Like every single time and vice versa. I could rewatch those scenes for eternity and recently when I watched the Cave scene I figured that this was also one of those milestones in the relationship between LWJ and WWX, seeing how much LWJ worried for WWX and made sure that he was okay. 

I was more hinting to this situation at hand when the Wen Sect rose to attack and eliminate other sects who dare to object. So while they were all under the same acute threat, WWX was thinking of helping LWJ. JC did have a point in saying that they also had own things to worry about. 

Maybe I also have to make clear that I'm totally standing behind WWX and the decisions he made. I cheered for him even when I knew that the road he chose was gonna be a tough and lonely one (Burial Mound) and sincerely felt sorry for him throughout the hardships and losses he suffered. Which is why I always got wet eyes from watching the scenes when LWJ showed his unconditional support and trust to WWX.  

@moonchild Thanks for creating that other thread. I was thinking this place was getting into a different discussion than was intended. 

Maybe if/when JC comes up as a character to discuss in the other thread we can continue this there. If we want to continue that is. I know I wrote a lot about his point of view but honestly, I'm winging it too so maybe we haven't gotten to the heart of it yet or maybe we have - you guys can decide.

LuckyGirlGwenIce:
Thanks for creating that other thread. I was thinking this place was getting into a different discussion than was intended. 

Yeah, I've seen this thread getting off-topic and I was also at fault. xD 

I replied on the JC centric theory. ^^ I find it hard to write from JC's point of view. So I think we haven't reached the center of it yet. ;) 

To get back to the thread's topic: Has anyone mentioned the scenes with Little Apple? I laughed so hard when Jingyi and Sizhui told WWX that Little Apple was bitten by Fairy and kicked him afterwards. Even the pets of JL and WWX don't get along with each other.  xD 

Yanzz:

There are indeed sooo many fave scene from many episode. But, is there anyone else (or only me? hahaha) like the episode (26) where WWX  barged in Jin's sect banquet, drink the wine on LZ's behalf, asked JiZiXun to have a private chat. Those conversations... Ohh i really like the part where they were so helpless and so fearful toward WWX. I feel such satisfaction, WWX was like  "Slap" JinZiXun and JinGuangShan in the face for their conceit. And the part LZ defend WY in front of Jin Guang Yao "他说的, 不对吗?" (was it wrong what he said??)

Leave a deep impression :)

Same!! I love how lan zhan stood up for him! And also mian mian. Think he was spurred on by her too. 

Yanzz:

Anyone notice in 1st episode where WWX playing Wuji song  with a leaf, and in his head there was flashback a figure in white walking near and WWX whisper "LanZhan" carry a deep meaning?? On my 1st watch i didnt get the meaning. But after rewatching it... OMG it really deep. The first person he can think of after his rebirth is LZ  ^_______^

Yesss. I felt the same way when i rewatched it too. Actually alot of impt scenes happened in the 1 st few eps but i think we weren’t that invested in the story yet. Till we rewatch them then we’ll truly understand the meaning of it. :)