ShotaSidePart:

Thanks. I just finished it and I need something else to get into quick!

I know this feeling. :) Hope you'll find something to your liking. 

I'm going to watch Novoland. I've read good and less good comments about it so I'll watch a couple of episodes to see for myself if I will enjoy it or not. ^^ 

With my Untamed rewatch I'm taking it slower this time. I'm at episode 5 now and plan to start reading the novel. I'm already seeing stuff I haven't seen during my first watch. xD

Just wanted to highlight this for all the newbies, this is still relevant! 

It's been more than 6 months but I still can't forget this drama, and there are still very few dramas I can binge-watch like I used to do... 

Not to mention it's hard to get by for more than a few days without reading some Mo Dao Zu Shi / The Untamed  fanfiction, especially on this lockdown era!!

Mooncakes:
Maybe someone could start a recovery list to get over it?!?!?!

*raises hand slowly* I was able to move on from The Untamed sooner than I thought possible... Don't get me wrong. It hit me hard and completely, but the effect didn't last too long. Still love the drama though. 

Basically you could say I shocked myself with bad dramas afterwards to get my excitement down to earth and I know this sounds rather rude but after I watched eight  episodes of the drama Novoland: The Castle in the Sky I just gave up and dropped it. Compared to Untamed the production was poor. Sorry to everyone who enjoyed Novoland. ;) 

Then I watched Eternal Love because so many people praise it. I only found it okay with a tendency to good but not more. Personally I think it's too draggy when it only has 8 more episodes than Untamed. 

My advise: Don't even try to look for something equally good. Chances are high, you'll only be dissapointed. I thought I made a safe bet by watching Eternal Love which is highly rated and recommended by so many people, yet it wasn't my cup of tea. 

I know moving on with "weaker" dramas doesn't sound appealing but maybe it helps someone else. I at least can currently enjoy another drama. Good luck to everyone. ^^

Can't be any more true. Already rewatching it, right after I finished it. And I also downloaded the OST Album. Help...

Finally watched The Untamed in corona quarantine and like everyone says here, I'm branded for life. WangXian4ever!

My review https://mydramalist.com/profile/appleeye/feeds/1zp01cR

I'm still reeling from the shock at the ending of episode 50. Can someone help me out? When Wei Wuxian hears Lan Wangji calling him by his name "Wei Ying", is it in his head, or has LWJ come back to WWX  to live together? 

Mooncakes:

The soundtrack is AWESOME tho right????

It is! It comes to me in my sleep right now haha. How's your recovery from The Untamed Disease, any progress?

Estelll:
Give your life a chance.

Well. I did not take your advice. I an starting the show. We'll see how I turn out at the end. 

camsei:

Well. I did not take your advice. I an starting the show. We'll see how I turn out at the end. 

Good luck. :)

Apple Eye:

Finally watched The Untamed in corona quarantine and like everyone says here, I'm branded for life. WangXian4ever!

I'm still reeling from the shock at the ending of episode 50. Can someone help me out? When Wei Wuxian hears Lan Wangji calling him by his name "Wei Ying", is it in his head, or has LWJ come back to WWX  to live together? 

Welcome in the club. I recovered but recently I've seen some pictures and I know I'm at a high risk to re-watch it at anytime when I'm in the mood. xD My advise: Just embrace it and let it take over you for a while. It will pass sooner or (in most cases) later. ^^

That's pretty much up for imagination as we can't see LWJ but I think he came back after hearing WWX playing their song on his flute. 

Apple Eye:

Hi! Good luck on recovering from this drama!! :D 

As to your question, when Wei Ying turns around after hearing Lan Wangji's voice, you can see himself having doubts, not believing it, but then turning his head and he sees who's behind, and flashes his blinding smile that couldn't be for anyone else but Lan Wangji!! So for me, it's obvious that LWJ is really there!! :) 

Other evidence to that, WWX is wearing different clothes, so you know some time has passed since they last saw each other (presumably so that LWJ can put everything in his sect & on the cultivation world in order in the meantime). 

Also, in the Untamed Special Edition, the order of the last scenes has changed, according the their creators' original intentions. There, the scene where Wei Ying hears LWJ's voice & turns is the second from last, and the last scene is WWX & LWJ playing duet on their song together, probably near (or in) Cloud Recesses again! :) 

So we can assume from this, that the original ending of the novel still stands in the drama, that WangXian got married and/or Wei Wuxian became a permanent resident of the Lan sect to stay with Lan Wangji (and occasionally having his adventures & his nighthunts away from home, along with either LWJ or the juniors)!!! :)))

moonchild:

Welcome in the club. I recovered but recently I've seen some pictures and I know I'm at a high risk to re-watch it at anytime when I'm in the mood. xD My advise: Just embrace it and let it take over you for a while. It will pass sooner or (in most cases) later. ^^

That's pretty much up for imagination as we can't see LWJ but I think he came back after hearing WWX playing their song on his flute. 

Lol Thank you, I’ll embrace my fate with both arms. 

I also hope/think LWJ flew back the minute he heard the flute!

@Estelll I’m so happy with your theories, you’ve made my day : P  

In the comment section of The Untamed series at YouTube I’ve read an interesting comment about the ending and the first episode of the series. Just imagine, the last word in episode 50 is LWJ calling WWX  while in episode 1 the first thing WWX does is calling LWJ’s name. 

Mooncakes:

@Apple Eye, yes that did make me tear up when someone pointed it out. There's an amazing analysis YouTube series too explaining the gazes/micro expressions/looks/pauses etc and it took me to a deeper understanding of their relationship. 

I can send you the link if you're interested. 

Yes please do!

I was told this drama was so good that no spoilers had been leaked about it. Until now. Sigh...