So far i watched 3episodes.
it felt like , acting are making are too poor!!!
more like watching a stage drama!!
Is the story that good?

since it has highest rating of 9.4?
should i keep watching or just drop it?

If the story is that good... I would like to watch. that's why asking this,,,
thanks anyway!

The acting in the first couple episodes is more for comedy and does not reflect the rest of the drama. I think you will come to appreciate the acting, especially of the two main characters. The story is that good. I would continue.

I recommend you watch a few more episodes, the beginning for me was also a little iffy for me because it can be difficult to understand everything going on at first, especially since it starts in the middle then goes back in time and you don't understand everyone's emotions and connections just yet.  After a few more episodes you'll get the hang of it and if your like me will end up obsessed.

wavy3:

The acting in the first couple episodes is more for comedy and does not reflect the rest of the drama. I think you will come to appreciate the acting, especially of the two main characters. The story is that good. I would continue.

then giving it a try wont hurt, then

lupekenya:

I recommend you watch a few more episodes, the beginning for me was also a little iffy for me because it can be difficult to understand everything going on at first, especially since it starts in the middle then goes back in time and you don't understand everyone's emotions and connections just yet.  After a few more episodes you'll get the hang of it and if your like me will end up obsessed.

i like it, when story is complicated... since everyone have these same opinion, i guess i will continue..

I felt the same way too the first time I watch it. A lot of criticism goes through my head but I kept watching it to see if it live up to the ranking. I can only say that this drama isn't for everyone, but if it does fit your preference then you will love this drama. 

ViolentAjumma:

I felt the same way too the first time I watch it. A lot of criticism goes through my head but I kept watching it to see if it live up to the ranking. I can only say that this drama isn't for everyone, but if it does fit your preference then you will love this drama. 

the main thing i want is the story...
if the story is top notch as the rating is, i am ready compromise with acting and other stuff being too poor...  I guess i will try watching until ep10, then decide.

Shishere:

the main thing i want is the story...
if the story is top notch as the rating is, i am ready compromise with acting and other stuff being too poor...  I guess i will try watching until ep10, then decide.

If you can ignore some stuff, especially the action scenes, then I think you're all set. And the acting do get better as the story progresses. The thing about this story is that it focus heavily on the progression. While the beginning episodes are important for character development, the story doesn't kick off until around episode 15. 

I heard somewhere that the ratings started to go up after around the 14th episode. I definitely did not regret watching this drama I wish I could go back and watch it all again I love it so much. It took me a while to get past the first bunch of episodes but I then I couldnt stop watching it. Everything about it is so beautiful and captivating and heartbreaking and the relationship between wei ying and lan zhan ITS SO ROMANTIC AS FCK EVEN WITH THE CENSORSHIP.  All in all please keep watching

ViolentAjumma:

If you can ignore some stuff, especially the action scenes, then I think you're all set. And the acting do get better as the story progresses. The thing about this story is that it focus heavily on the progression. While the beginning episodes are important for character development, the story doesn't kick off until around episode 15. 

i see...
well it seems i have to watch this,,,,
i will watch this.!

Curlyfries_7437:

I heard somewhere that the ratings started to go up after around the 14th episode. I definitely did not regret watching this drama I wish I could go back and watch it all again I love it so much. It took me a while to get past the first bunch of episodes but I then I couldnt stop watching it. Everything about it is so beautiful and captivating and heartbreaking and the relationship between wei ying and lan zhan ITS SO ROMANTIC AS FCK EVEN WITH THE CENSORSHIP.  All in all please keep watching

Everyone has these similar response,
being slow at the beginning and gets better later, if that's the case, i will surely watch ..

All i care about is story...
as long as the story is good!!!

I am also trying to decide whether to watch. Gonna read all the low rated reviews first and then see what I think.

Depends what you think is a good story. I only watched this at first because I wanted to see what the hype was all about. I couldn't get into this drama at first either but I finished it over a week later, I still have mixed feelings about this sometimes it is exciting but then some episodes are meh.. like people having a conversation for the entire episode in one setting. I can't trust ratings/reviews though like HDL also had so many 10 ratings but I found it boring. And some low rated dramas were more entertaining for me. 

Sunset:

Depends what you think is a good story. I only watched about at first because I wanted to see what the hype was all about. I couldn't get into this drama at first either but I finished it over a week later, I still have mixed feelings about this sometimes it is exciting but then some episodes are meh.. like people having a conversation for the entire episode in one setting. I can't trust ratings/reviews though like HDL also had so many 10 ratings but I found it boring. And some low rated dramas were more entertaining for me. 

you are right about, not all top rated drama's are good!!!

Blossom:

I am also trying to decide whether to watch. Gonna read all the low rated reviews first and then see what I think.

The lowest rating I see in the reviews is a 7.5

I think it's good enough for a one time watch, but I wouldn't want to re-watch this entire drama again though