Luk Chup/Look Cheop

Ingredients :
1 cup of water
130g coconut milk
2-3tbs sugar
70g sugar
150g peeled mung beans (can be unpeeled as well)
Food coloring of your choice
Gelatine powder or Agar agar (Dr. Oetker has it if u live in Europe)
Painting brush (if u want to draw details)

STEPS:
1. Soak 150g of peeled mung beans in water for 1 hour or overnight.
2. Now drain the beans and steam them for 15 minutes.
3. You will know the beans are cooked when they are soft. Now let them cool for a moment, and place them in a food mixer along with the 130g of coconut milk. Blend until the beans take on a texture a bit like mashed potato.
4. Place the mashed means into a saucepan and heat on a low heat for 10 minutes without cooking oil. This will dry out the mixture and make it stickier.
5. Knead the beans for about 5 minutes until it is thick.
6. Now shape the dough into whatever you want, we followed a christmas theme however usually people shape the dough into fruits. You can use a cocktail stick or skewer to apply finer details to the shape. Once you are done place the shape on a skewer or cocktail stick and use the food colouring and paint brushes to paint on whatever colours you need. (put 4 drops of coloring into a water and with Q-tip or brush color the dough)
7. Now we need to make the jelly coating. Add 1 cup of water, 2-3 tbsp of sugar, and  jelly powder/agar to a saucepan and heat until the sugar and jelly powder has dissolved in the water.
8. Dip the dessert in the gelatine or agar agar and let it dry.

Leum Kleun

Ingredients:

1 cup of mung bean starch (totally can't get it here but here is how u can make it at home = https://www.ehow.com/how_8369059_extract-starch-mung-bean.html or u can watch this video)

2-3 cups of sugar

5 cups of water

2 cups of coconut milk

6tbs of rice flour

1tbs of salt

Food coloring of your choice

STEPS:

1. Put one cup of mung bean starch into a nonstickable pot/pan along with 5 cups of water and mix well on lower heat.

2 Add food coloring of your choice and mix until it starts to boil and get this dough texture.

3. When the mixture starts to boil and has the right texture add 2-3 cups of sugar and mix well for couple of minutes and than turn off the heat.

4. After cooling off a bit put the mixture into container of your choice.

5. For topping you put 6tbs of rice flour into a pan/pot and add 2 cups of coconut milk and 1 tbs of salt. 

6. Mix the texture well until it gets thick and once cooled off a bit decorate your previous mixture that u have in containers.

7. Optional step is decoration with dried mung beans.

This is handy! Thank you!

Thank you, khop khun khraap. So good of you. One of the wonderful and special features of this series is the emphasis on cookery, recipes, Thai cuisine. The meanings of flavours and ingredients, baking techniques etc. It is very good of you to give us more information about these amazing things we see our sweet "Pharm" making. It is wonderful likewise to see the character cooking on screen, and even more wonderful to see other characters not only enjoying the desserts he makes BUT enjoying them with interest, respect, even reverence. This is in many ways very different from the ways we treat food in the West.

I'm supposed to use the mung powder made in the video as starch?

I finally try to make the leum kleun and I love it. 

oh my gosh,thank u ive been searching for this so i could make it in my activity in tle

Just ordered the mung bean starch  - cant wait to make this!

Tried making these! Very yummy and they were a hit at work.