Does anyone have any theories/hunches for who the Joker may be?? I am dying of curiosity and want to share my own theory on who it may be, so here it is:

1. In episode 3 we got many hints on who the Joker may be. From the last scene we know he is a regular in Camellia, since Dongbaek offered peanuts to him. And on that scene where the landlord is complaining to Hyang Mi about never getting peanuts from her although he is a regular, Hyang Mi said that Dong Baek does give free food to her regulars, like Seung Yeob (the baseball coach) and Hong Shik (the guy who fixes her sink). So it could be one of them.
2. But from the last scene in episode 3 and 4 we can also see 2 things about the Joker: he was wearing gloves and he had flour on his shoes. And if you go into the middle of episode 3, you can see that Hong Shik (the guy who fixes Dong Baek's sink) was wearing gloves (the same ones from the last scene with the Joker and Dong Baek). Also, Hong Shik is Chan Sook's brother, the annoying lady that sells food too, hence the flour on his boots

Just copying and pasting from my comment on the drama's page lmao

Anyone want to share their own theories?

I don’t think the gloves the killer and the plumber guy are wearing is the same. The plumbers gloves had a green lining on the cuff and red color on the palm side while the killers had neither of those.

Imo the show is trying to throw the audience off track. Why else would they show the killer wearing gloves when we know that the only person wearing similar ones are the plumber guy?

What do you guys think??

marie565:

I don’t think the gloves the killer and the plumber guy are wearing is the same. The plumbers gloves had a green lining on the cuff and red color on the palm side while the killers had neither of those.

Imo the show is trying to throw the audience off track. Why else would they show the killer wearing gloves when we know that the only person wearing  similar ones are the plumber guy?

Ahhh I didn't notice the green detail on the wrist part of Hong Shik's gloves. I went back to that scene where the Joker is wearing gloves and holding that lighter, and it really doesn't have that green detail. But although that scene was pretty dark and kind of hard to see, but if you look closely, when the Joker pushes the lighter back a little and it gets clearer to see for a sec, you can see that the palm side of the gloves have a darker color, which could be red (its hard to see tho, since they used a green filter for that whole scene)

One thing that I don't understand tho: how could Joker be on that scene when Young Sik was painting Camellia's wall, as seen on episode 4's last scene? Like, as far as we know, the only ones who were there were Young Sik, Dong Bae and Hyang Mi

They weren’t the only people in the restaurant. I’m kinda sure that I saw some other customers in the background..? But idk I could be wrong. Also the killer seems to be sitting diagonal to young shik and not directly behind him. I tried to see if they showed someone on the screen while he was painting that particular wall. But I couldn’t see anything.

For now we can’t even be sure if it was the killer who burned the message off the wall. It could be someone other than the killer for all we know lol (though idk what motive someone could have for that)

marie565:

They weren’t the only people in the restaurant. I’m kinda sure that I saw some other customers in the background..? But idk I could be wrong. Also the killer seems to be sitting diagonal to young shik and not directly behind him. I tried to see if they showed someone on the screen while he was painting that particular wall. But I couldn’t see anything.

For now we can’t even be sure if it was the killer who burned the message off the wall. It could be someone other than the killer for all we know lol (though idk what motive someone could have for that)

Yeah I didn't see anyone else on that scene where Young Shik is painting the walls either, except for Dong Baek and Hyang Mi.

There's something that I started to think about tho: what if it was the Police Chief? Like, we know he does frequent Camellia and he was there on the scene previously to the one where Young Shik was painting... But idk I am probably just thinking too much and suspecting everyone lmao

I think it could be the Police Chief, because everytime Yong-Shik mentions the Joker, he becomes weird and changes the topic, saying that Yong-Shik should investigate about Yong-Sim's dog instead. Also, if they haven't found the Joker in such a long period of time, probably it's someone inside Police, who could be manipulating the case. In episode 3, the Police Chief runs away randomly after he realizes Yong-Shik saw the handwritings on the wall, and acts weird, changing his mood suddenly.

i think it's impossible to be the chief because in ep 10 the chief told yongshik to handle the case . regarding to him being weird when yongshik first mentioned about it, it's bc dongbaek begged for him to not bring it up again so he's afraid that he will make dongbaek worried. i have a huge feeling that it's gyutae's wife bc in the preview she said "should i kill them all?" and all the victims are found to be hostess or something like that and she maybe killed them because gyutae cheated on her even before. but then in today's episodes there'll be more glimpse of joker bc yongshik caught joker

whats the chance that its dongbaek herself lol

russian white bear:

damn i never thought of that

I think that the joker is the guy that fixed Dongbaek's plumbing. My only reasoning for this is that he is a regular there and because the producers don't make us notice him that much, THEREFOR won't crush us when we find out he's the killer. Also I honestly can't see this drama as a complicated mystery I believe they've already introduced the killer from the get go because they don't want to make a big deal out of us wondering who it is. 

IF they'd make one of the "lovable" characters the joker I'd be very chocked and probably wound not know how to even focus on the romance again :( 

The one who dies is not Dongbaek right?? The birthday is wrong.. I hope it's a happy ending!

Allineedisdrama:

The one who dies is not Dongbaek right?? The birthday is wrong.. I hope it's a happy ending!

Someone just pointed out that Dong Baek is wearing a different bracelet in the latest episode, and also there's a cigarette in the murder scene, so the victim is most likely Hyang Mi

Marina Souto:

I think it could be the Police Chief, because everytime Yong-Shik mentions the Joker, he becomes weird and changes the topic, saying that Yong-Shik should investigate about Yong-Sim's dog instead. Also, if they haven't found the Joker in such a long period of time, probably it's someone inside Police, who could be manipulating the case. In episode 3, the Police Chief runs away randomly after he realizes Yong-Shik saw the handwritings on the wall, and acts weird, changing his mood suddenly.

I don't think that could be the Police Chief, all his changes of mood are just to confuse us. It would be too obvious if the Police Chief be the Joker.

russian white bear:

Could be Personality disorders (PD)? But, I think it's going too crazy, because they classify the drama as romantic comedy. But, if we think about the general characteristics of PD, Dong Baek fits in some, like insecurity, impulsiveness, and impaired social relationships.I mention these characteristics only if you go to the sick side. But I believe she's just a cute, innocent, hard-working single mother.

But If that happens is going to be a fucking plot twist. And will be nice, but I don't believe. Koreans don't have that courage.

the detail in everyone's analysis